Combining Triads
shellshock1911
Apr 28 2008, 03:17 AM
GMC:er
A guy I know showed me this, you take like two triads, for example, Amaj and Fmaj, and you combine them together to make a "scale" and it sounds really weird, and has a really unique sound over an Amaj or Fmaj chord, and can be used over Dom7th chords a good bit, kinda like an altered dominant scale. So with this example, we would have A, C#, E, F, and C creating a scale. Like this

|--------------------------------5-8-9-------9-8-5-----------------------------------|
|--------------------------5-6------------------------6-5-----------------------------|
|--------------------5-6------------------------------------6-5-----------------------|
|----------------7-------------------------------------------------7-------------------|
|------4-7-8----------------------------------------------------------8-7-4----------|
|-5-8---------------------------------------------------------------------------8-5---|

Just wanted to share that with you guys because I thought it was pretty cool and can be expounded on to create some pretty original ideas, and can be done with like any two, or maybe three (I haven't tried it yet) triads. And the interval doesn't even have be nice, I tried A and Eb which is a horrible interval, and the scale I made sounded pretty cool.

And I used some of the sequences from David's new Pentatonic sequence lesson, and I got some pretty cool licks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Apr 28 2008, 03:19 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- shellshock1911   Combining Triads   Apr 28 2008, 03:17 AM
- - Andrew Cockburn   Interesting tip! Making scales like this is a ...   Apr 28 2008, 12:29 PM
- - Hisham Al-Sanea   thanks for sharing   Apr 28 2008, 10:55 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 12:48 PM