Speed metal riffing lesson, More cool riffs
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 8 2007, 11:16 AM
GMC Founder
Speed metal riffing lesson

Here is a follow-up on the last riff lesson from Pavel. This one gives me Megadeth vibes.

Even though the topic of this lesson might seem frightening to the beginner - the basic rhythm of this riff is something any guitarist should be able get down. Lots of fun for everyone - in other words! biggrin.gif

Make sure to spend some time jamming around - once you have got the basics down!

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Pavel
Feb 9 2007, 07:12 PM
Instructor
And here we come again to our theories: Kris sais you can be a composer without having any talent, and i don't agree.

In my opinion if you don't have any imagionation you'll never be able to create some original riff. As i said - i can't teach you to write riffs because than all people in the world would have the same riffs. I can only give you tips, and riffs to practice. After you learn loads of riffs you will eventually find your way to writing riffs. The same happened to me after a few years of playing songs of Blind Guardian, Metallica, Vai, Satch and other bands. You are the one that will have to find your approach to that. And let's not make it a fight - just a discussion.

Btw. these riffs are not the beginners lessons - so i think when you want to learn some lesson - you first check it out and see if you'll be able to play it at all - than you decide to go see it or not. because palm muting and pinch harmonics are covered by Kris in older lessons so when you come to these riffs lessons i presume you already should know how to play with muting and pinch harmonics. Isn't it right?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Feb 9 2007, 07:21 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:23 PM