> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(7,6 Pass) Marcopal79 - Zeppelin Black Riffing, Lesson By Adrian Figallo
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Markblack
Sep 20 2011, 10:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Zeppelin Black Riffing by Adrian Figallo

Hi guys, this is my first rec on GMC. Gear used: Fender Frontman 212r Gibson Studio Line6 Pod X3 Live Ty for this awesome website. \m/ Rock & Roll \m/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment:

• Gibson Les Paul Studio 2002
  • Prs Custom 24
  • Peavey V-type Exp Limited Edition
  • Ibanez Rx 640
  • Pod X3 Live
  • Fender Frontman 212R

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♫ ♪ YouTube Channel Subscribe Please ♪ ♫
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 21 2011, 06:01 AM
Instructor
Hey marco, very nice take man, it's great to see you here on the REC boards for the first time!
I think you are a nice player so i will be hard with you, again, you made a very nice work, but you need to work on:

-Your timing, it is "almost there", but you need to "lock" into the groove, you need to hit every note at the same time as the drums are hitting, you are going a bit fast on this one, maybe are you scared of the camera? don't worry about it!

-You missed some small bends, for example on 0:05, there is a very small bend there, go back to the lesson and check that very carefully, those little details are the difference between a pro and a entusiast, you can get there!

Again, very nice work, to pass a take you need 7.5 points at least, i'm going to give you a 7, not because i think you don't deserve to pass, but, because i think that you should do it again, it will help you a ton to work on those little details.

Rock and roll man!
Adrian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 08:12 AM
Instructor
Very good take. Adrian has some points there. Your timing needs some polishing up to be convincing, and sound setting needs to be more defined, it's a bit muddy, specially towards the end. I think you did a nice job, and like the standing position, so I'll give an 8.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2011, 08:22 AM
Instructor
The guys pin pointed the important aspects so, I won't go through them again. What i would say though, is that I fully agree with Adrian on the fact that you should retry the take biggrin.gif usually, things which are re-done with a healthier perspective, come out much, much better than the previous ones and in this way, the important stuff which you acquire, locks in within your system wink.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 22 2011, 07:44 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.6!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:45 PM