4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Collaboration - Combine Licks Into A Modern Rock Solo, Sign up - upload and discussion thread
Toroso
Jan 6 2010, 06:42 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ruzz @ Jan 6 2010, 11:41 AM) *
That shouldn't matter much Toroso, since it is the same tones in every position smile.gif

Eh, well smile.gif this stuff still gives me trouble here and there. Actually, when I saw the topic heading,
I only saw 'Combine Licks Into A Mode', so now I got modes on the noggin...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Live well, and live often!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 6 2010, 06:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Toroso @ Jan 6 2010, 05:42 PM) *
Eh, well smile.gif this stuff still gives me trouble here and there. Actually, when I saw the topic heading,
I only saw 'Combine Licks Into A Mode', so now I got modes on the noggin...

hahah but that's not the whole topic. You're missing some letters smile.gif

We need rock licks here. You don't need to use modes if you don't want to. Use pure A minor pentatonic if you want. There are thousands of licks that can be played with it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 6 2010, 07:14 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I might do one take once I get back to london if there's no problem smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 6 2010, 08:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 6 2010, 06:14 PM) *
I might do one take once I get back to london if there's no problem smile.gif

Ok, I added you.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 6 2010, 08:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
Well, I'm not any good at modern rock solos, I guess I have to make some studying since my solos always sounds old.... But I will make a try if there's room!

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 6 2010, 08:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 6 2010, 07:17 PM) *
Well, I'm not any good at modern rock solos, I guess I have to make some studying since my solos always sounds old.... But I will make a try if there's room!

//Staffay

There is always room in my collabs Staffy smile.gif I heard you playing man, your playing is full of tasty rock/blues licks. I am sure this is not a hard task for you. You're on the list smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 6 2010, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 6 2010, 02:17 PM) *

//Staffay

You'll do just fine Staffy! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 6 2010, 11:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Emir,

that's a very nice backing track!

may I ask what wah did you use? cause it souns fantastic, imo

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 7 2010, 01:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 6 2010, 10:55 PM) *
Hi Emir,

that's a very nice backing track!

may I ask what wah did you use? cause it souns fantastic, imo

Hahah you won't believe. It's a wah from Amplitube 2 plugin. I was moving it by mouse in realtime while I was exporting the final mix smile.gif Didn't really get it the first time but the 5th was ok smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jan 7 2010, 11:16 PM
All right, figure I'll post early-ish and re-record if this isn't ... uh, "licky" enough.

Full "mix" for fun Attached File  EHCL_jafo_full.mp3 ( 1.4MB ) Number of downloads: 225

Wet solo Attached File  EHCL_jafo_solo_wet_stereo_honestly_emir_the_mono_one_is_next.mp3 ( 1.4MB ) Number of downloads: 176

Mono MP3... supposedly Attached File  EHCL_jafo_solo_mono_in_theory.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 206
(I swear the "pro" argument works better if you ask for mono .wav)

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Jan 7 2010, 11:17 PM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 7 2010, 11:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 6 2010, 08:51 PM) *
There is always room in my collabs Staffy smile.gif I heard you playing man, your playing is full of tasty rock/blues licks. I am sure this is not a hard task for you. You're on the list smile.gif

Nah, You've right Emir, this seems to be a simple chord progression....., but in my day's all was improvised - eg. there was no actually lick-playing and I'm still bad at playing pre-defined licks, since I rather go for just improvising and then clean up my playing if necessary. But I also realized since I went back to the music, that nowadays this is a must if You shall be able to play those fancy, speedy faster-than-the-lightning kinda stuff... smile.gif (borrowing the term from another thread...)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 8 2010, 03:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 7 2010, 01:26 AM) *
Hahah you won't believe. It's a wah from Amplitube 2 plugin. I was moving it by mouse in realtime while I was exporting the final mix smile.gif Didn't really get it the first time but the 5th was ok smile.gif

hahah, If you would've told me: It's the "horsie whatever" I would've gone out and buy it! sounds awesome! hehe

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 8 2010, 04:34 PM
Instructor
UPDATE:

My take on this backing is now live on GMC. Check here.

It might help you for some ideas.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 8 2010, 05:16 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'll give this a try too if it's ok.

It's going to be a tough one I think cause most of my improv solos (however poorly written tongue.gif ) are focused on just sort of making my way around the fretboard and playing whatever comes to mind. I think this is an area though where I could improve a lot if I would go about studying "pure" licks and working on ways to adapt them to the song or key, or whatever that I'm playing in.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 8 2010, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Jan 8 2010, 04:16 PM) *
I'll give this a try too if it's ok.

It's going to be a tough one I think cause most of my improv solos (however poorly written tongue.gif ) are focused on just sort of making my way around the fretboard and playing whatever comes to mind. I think this is an area though where I could improve a lot if I would go about studying "pure" licks and working on ways to adapt them to the song or key, or whatever that I'm playing in.

Thanks for joining. I hope you can manage to play some cool licks in this one. I don't think it's that hard

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 9 2010, 11:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jan 7 2010, 10:16 PM) *
All right, figure I'll post early-ish and re-record if this isn't ... uh, "licky" enough.

Full "mix" for fun Attached File  EHCL_jafo_full.mp3 ( 1.4MB ) Number of downloads: 225

Wet solo Attached File  EHCL_jafo_solo_wet_stereo_honestly_emir_the_mono_one_is_next.mp3 ( 1.4MB ) Number of downloads: 176

Mono MP3... supposedly Attached File  EHCL_jafo_solo_mono_in_theory.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 206
(I swear the "pro" argument works better if you ask for mono .wav)

Cool take man. You can leave it, it works for me.
Thanks

EDIT: Just seen your comment in the file smile.gif Why is it 18 bars, man?
Because you can leave your last note longer and not crossover to the next take smile.gif It will work like this I tested it in the loop.

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 7 2010, 10:55 PM) *
Nah, You've right Emir, this seems to be a simple chord progression....., but in my day's all was improvised - eg. there was no actually lick-playing and I'm still bad at playing pre-defined licks, since I rather go for just improvising and then clean up my playing if necessary. But I also realized since I went back to the music, that nowadays this is a must if You shall be able to play those fancy, speedy faster-than-the-lightning kinda stuff... smile.gif (borrowing the term from another thread...)

//Staffay

We don't need anything faster than the speed of light. Up to speed of light will perfectly do smile.gif hahaha

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Jan 9 2010, 11:33 AM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 9 2010, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 8 2010, 04:34 PM) *
UPDATE:

My take on this backing is now live on GMC. Check here.

It might help you for some ideas.

awesome lesson Emir! just watched it

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2010, 02:12 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
just a question.. I am guessing that the last 2 Am bars will be ignored in the final mix from each take right? So it goes from G to Am7 (to the top).. I have completed my composition so wanted to know if we can leave the last 2 bars.. kind of odd on me.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 9 2010, 02:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 9 2010, 01:10 PM) *
awesome lesson Emir! just watched it

Thanks Daniel smile.gif

QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 9 2010, 01:12 PM) *
just a question.. I am guessing that the last 2 Am bars will be ignored in the final mix from each take right? So it goes from G to Am7 (to the top).. I have completed my composition so wanted to know if we can leave the last 2 bars.. kind of odd on me.

You can resolve on some note on those bars. Could be your last note. Check how Jafomatic did it. Those bars won't be deleted, the loop will continue with the next take.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2010, 05:33 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay, not sure if I fit into the criteria but anyway I just wanted to try here it is. I thought making a video would look cooler. wink.gif

Forgive the last long note. I didn't intend to do it but it didn't stop. lol. The long note is shortened in the mono below.

Heres the mono version.. delays are prebuilt on my G-Force (used on this).. hoping its not a problem in the mix.. Let me know and I will do it without the effects again.

This post has been edited by maharzan: Jan 9 2010, 05:52 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  maharzan_collab_mono.mp3 ( 541.46K ) Number of downloads: 154
Attached File  collab.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 131

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:55 PM