Hello To Everyone From Finland, new GMC member
SlowFingaX
Jan 5 2014, 01:48 PM
GMC:er
I’m 38 years old so I’m not so young anymore, but now I’m very excited (again) to learn to play guitar.
First time I started to play guitar about 20 years ago, but never truly focused enough to learn to play
more than just some riff’s from Metallica, Iron Maiden, Hendrix and Nirvana.
Now I’ll need a some new way to learn to play better than just a few riffs.
I’ll hope to get some big steps to learn to play the guitar and total understanding about it with this website. Of course at least a little bit faster fingers is also nice extra for playing some nice solos.

My guitar is Jackson DX10D Dinky. One of my long time dream is someday to get Gibson Les Paul guitar, but maybe after some big improvements. If I’m going to start to play more and truly needed more guitars then it’s going to be LP 

Happy new year 2014 to everyone here in GMC and let it be a very good year for all of us and let's play more guitar than last year! cool.gif

Regards,

Vesa
SlowFingaX

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 5 2014, 02:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
nice name.well I too am not so young , but we are all havin fun, I would encourage you to make the chats they have been helpful to me

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2014, 05:08 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome to the site!! If one of your goals is to make those fingers go faster, I think that your nickname will expire soon here! smile.gif
You are at the right place man. We are here you help and guide you so feel free to contact me if you want more info about the site, or my mentoring program. You can also choose Cosmin or Darius as your mentor. Also, don't forget to check our collabs, Vchat sessions and REC program.

Enjoy GMC!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
metalheadlady
Jan 6 2014, 05:22 AM
Hello, nice to not be the newest person in this little section anymore. I myself am one of the younger ones around here, but age doesn't mean all that much. My uncle played guitar as a kid and gave up, then restarted in his early thirties. Now I'd guess he's about your age, and he's in a band smile.gif anyhow, good luck, hope you enjoy GMC.

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jan 6 2014, 07:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey, welcome. Playing guitar is a lot of fun, but it's even more fun when you have other guitarists supporting you! smile.gif This is the great thing about GMC, everyone supports each other and its just a wonderful atmosphere. smile.gif See you around.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Jan 6 2014, 11:04 AM
Thank you so much for all of your nice comments. This kind of active and supportive place feels so good smile.gif
I have good feelings about GMC right now!
It's nice to hear metalheadlady that I still have hope and age doesn't mean all that much smile.gif
thanks to jstcrsn for very first and quickly reply and tip wink.gif
Take Perry I feel like you said very it's wonderful atmosphere here smile.gif

And Gabriel I think my fingers are faster week after week...little by little.... I'm not impatient, no hurry and it's right direction..it's most important smile.gif
Can you tell more about that mentoring program. I already check some of your lessons and those looks very good smile.gif
Of course every good tips are also great, if there something you think is important to know about GMC.

Have a nice week all fo you guys and girls! cool.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 6 2014, 11:13 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll enjoy it here!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 6 2014, 11:32 AM
Tone Seeker
A fellow Finn wink.gif tervetuloa vaan !!

Tämä on tosi ystävällinen foorumi ja nämä opettajat tosi mukavia ja auttavia.
Kannattaa osallistua näihin collabeihin ja chatteihin. Ainakin mulle ovat olleet tosi kehittäviä. Paahan viestiä, jos haluat jutella lisää smile.gif

-Ville-

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jan 6 2014, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 6 2014, 01:27 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome! As others said, be sure to check collabs, video chats & REC! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 6 2014, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Happy New Year Vesa smile.gif I have to deny Your theory tongue.gif Very big progress starts from very little steps smile.gif let's leave the big steps for the future smile.gif I can recommend You to try out some rhythm lesson and prepare the take in REC. This way we (instructors) could review Your skills and fix some issues (if there are some) before going to solos. Unfixed mistakes at he playing basics stage can occur lots of problems in future playing. It's like to renovate the car. Before You put a new paint , You have to remove all the rust from the surface smile.gif That's how it works with guitar smile.gif Can't wait to some a bit of Your playing. This will help to guide You for best practice routines smile.gif All best to You smile.gif

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Jan 6 2014, 04:44 PM
Hello to you too fellow Finn smile.gif

Tervehdys sullekin!! wink.gif

Voin laittaa jossain vaiheessa ihan yksityisviestiäkin, koska suurin osa ei kuitenkaan sit ymmärrä mitä tässä viestimme smile.gif

Mitä noi collabit käytännössä ovat, entuudestaan suhteellisen vieras koko sana..onko kyseessä jotain videoita?

Mut laitan sulle jossain vaiheessa kyselyä yksityisviestinä, koska kokeneempana osaat varmaan neuvoa oikeaan suuntaan tätä prosessia wink.gif

Vesa

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 6 2014, 10:32 AM) *
A fellow Finn wink.gif tervetuloa vaan !!

Tämä on tosi ystävällinen foorumi ja nämä opettajat tosi mukavia ja auttavia.
Kannattaa osallistua näihin collabeihin ja chatteihin. Ainakin mulle ovat olleet tosi kehittäviä. Paahan viestiä, jos haluat jutella lisää smile.gif

-Ville-

Hi and happy New year to you too Darius!

Nice theory and always it's nice and important to have at least some progress and some steps...even better if it's also positive way smile.gif
I have to think about and check that REC system.... I have Boss GT-10 and USB and laptop with webcam (also some digital cameras, but maybe not the best option wink.gif and I have to think which is the easiest way to make some videos with not so bad quality smile.gif
Nice way to to tell about how to fix my possible issues (if there's any...LOL).
First I have to learn, how to make video with sound with good quality in synch smile.gif
Thanks for good tips and examples smile.gif

Vesa

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 6 2014, 01:05 PM) *
Happy New Year Vesa smile.gif I have to deny Your theory tongue.gif Very big progress starts from very little steps smile.gif let's leave the big steps for the future smile.gif I can recommend You to try out some rhythm lesson and prepare the take in REC. This way we (instructors) could review Your skills and fix some issues (if there are some) before going to solos. Unfixed mistakes at he playing basics stage can occur lots of problems in future playing. It's like to renovate the car. Before You put a new paint , You have to remove all the rust from the surface smile.gif That's how it works with guitar smile.gif Can't wait to some a bit of Your playing. This will help to guide You for best practice routines smile.gif All best to You smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2014, 09:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Jan 6 2014, 07:04 AM) *
And Gabriel I think my fingers are faster week after week...little by little.... I'm not impatient, no hurry and it's right direction..it's most important smile.gif
Can you tell more about that mentoring program. I already check some of your lessons and those looks very good smile.gif
Of course every good tips are also great, if there something you think is important to know about GMC.

Exactly! Going forward is the key. smile.gif

Ok, mentoring programs varies depending on the instructor and the student. In my case, I have somethings called "Gab's Army" which includes all the students that join my programs.

You can learn more abouthow I work with students at my personal board: LINK

Nowadays we are focusing on weekly guitar routines that are being very successful among students. We are starting to see very impressive results.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to give it a try!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 6 2014, 09:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Jan 6 2014, 04:44 PM) *
First I have to learn, how to make video with sound with good quality in synch smile.gif
Thanks for good tips and examples smile.gif

Vesa

That's also an area You can count on feedback here smile.gif Don't avoid to ask. We have a lot of different people with a different stuff here and many times even some students can really help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 6 2014, 10:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC, its awesome here smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2014, 11:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Jan 6 2014, 10:04 AM) *
Thank you so much for all of your nice comments. This kind of active and supportive place feels so good smile.gif
I have good feelings about GMC right now!
It's nice to hear metalheadlady that I still have hope and age doesn't mean all that much smile.gif
thanks to jstcrsn for very first and quickly reply and tip wink.gif
Take Perry I feel like you said very it's wonderful atmosphere here smile.gif

Hey man smile.gif Welcome to GMC! As Gabe said, you can choose to work with any of us, so please take a look over this thread and if you find things to your liking, please take some time to answer the questions in this thread and we can start working together smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50025

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Jan 7 2014, 05:28 PM
Hi Cosmin!

First I have to check everything here and solve my problem's with best way to record (with my systems) my playing with video smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2014, 12:32 PM) *
Hey man smile.gif Welcome to GMC! As Gabe said, you can choose to work with any of us, so please take a look over this thread and if you find things to your liking, please take some time to answer the questions in this thread and we can start working together smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50025

Thanks and hello to you too wink.gif

QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jan 6 2014, 11:41 PM) *
Welcome to GMC, its awesome here smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2014, 07:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Jan 7 2014, 04:28 PM) *
Hi Cosmin!

First I have to check everything here and solve my problem's with best way to record (with my systems) my playing with video smile.gif

I'm here and ready to assist when you let me know smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2014, 09:18 PM
Great to see you in vid chat! you are going to LOVE all the cool things here smile.gif Not the least of which is a "Troll Free" forum which is a rare and wonderful thing smile.gif

QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Jan 5 2014, 07:48 AM) *
I’m 38 years old so I’m not so young anymore, but now I’m very excited (again) to learn to play guitar.
First time I started to play guitar about 20 years ago, but never truly focused enough to learn to play
more than just some riff’s from Metallica, Iron Maiden, Hendrix and Nirvana.
Now I’ll need a some new way to learn to play better than just a few riffs.
I’ll hope to get some big steps to learn to play the guitar and total understanding about it with this website. Of course at least a little bit faster fingers is also nice extra for playing some nice solos.

My guitar is Jackson DX10D Dinky. One of my long time dream is someday to get Gibson Les Paul guitar, but maybe after some big improvements. If I’m going to start to play more and truly needed more guitars then it’s going to be LP 

Happy new year 2014 to everyone here in GMC and let it be a very good year for all of us and let's play more guitar than last year! cool.gif

Regards,

Vesa
SlowFingaX

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Jan 8 2014, 12:55 AM
Hi! Active and "Troll free" forum is of course very great thing and rare like you said smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 7 2014, 10:18 PM) *
Great to see you in vid chat! you are going to LOVE all the cool things here smile.gif Not the least of which is a "Troll Free" forum which is a rare and wonderful thing smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2014, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Frankly, this is the ONLY troll free forum I've ever known smile.gif Now, on the other hand I don't frequent other forums and didn't try too many in my life so far, but nonetheless, you may rest assured that this is truly a community and everyone will help out, instructors and students alike!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:51 AM