Which Pups! Calling All The Gear Heads!, click here Zakk man!!
sted
Jan 6 2010, 07:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys, I need some pups suggestions for a new axe thats coming my way, its mahogonay strat body, maple neck, ebony board, HSS config with a non locking trem.
As I already have a good Les Paul style and a strat Im looking for something a little "Hotter" in the bridge and neck as this will end up my main gig weapon and needs to be a nice pair up with my new Mesa.
So im looking for warm neck tones for some nice blues/rock leads and a punchy bridge bucker that can breathe through the mahogany body and not get bogged down in the bass.
I've a few ideas but thought I would ask my old pals on the forums!

Cheers guys!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZakkWylde
Jan 6 2010, 08:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
Mesa Boogies work best with Ceramic humbucker so I say Seymour Duncan SH-5 (in your case Trembucker Tb-5 because of the trem)!

The Sh-5 Or Duncan Custom is a really hot PAF Style humbucker that breathes the vintage vibe of a classic PAF humbucker paired with the output and cut of a modern pickup (don't worry it's not too hot). It cuts very well through mahagony and is really punchy in the bass.
Also it is very versatile! The Duncan Custom is aimed at Rock and Heavy Blues but it also sounds well when doing Metal (thanks to the clarity it has)

Do you want the coils to be real single coils or are stacked humbuckers also ok?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:32 AM