2 Pages V  < 1 2  
>> Idea Uploads <<, Cool riffs without a home, yet.
leedbreak
Nov 8 2008, 04:59 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Nov 7 2008, 03:21 AM) *
Thanks Leedbreak must admit was feeling my age last night and fell asleep on the sofa about 9 o'clock!!!

Sure I can can post the track as separate layers. I think it easier to sequence them using your software as the one I use is a bit more of a sketch book for ideas. Might have to invest in one for the future.

I can also export riff tracks as an .ogg file if that makes sequencing easier for you.

Keep rocking!

Sounds cool. I m working on our tracks right now and will post progress this weekend.

LOLOL well since I have never heard of a .ogg file till now, I guess not LOLOLO

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 8 2008, 05:13 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 11 2008, 03:17 PM
I did come up with a decent mix over the weekend, I just have not had the time since to post it, but will in the next couple of days.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 11 2008, 03:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Nov 11 2008, 02:17 PM) *
I did come up with a decent mix over the weekend, I just have not had the time since to post it, but will in the next couple of days.

Ooooh cool can't wait to hear it.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 16 2008, 07:21 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Nov 11 2008, 08:53 AM) *
Ooooh cool can't wait to hear it.

Well for starters, I started over. Would love your drums alone to help with all timing, mp3 is fine. And would love one extra bridge with maybe you coming out of the original rhythm some whole note chords. wink.gif

Below we have a new intro, with same top 40 change then I play with you in parts, then back to the picking. I still can't help myself but to play over the whole thing but these are still just ideas. LOL, I guess I ideaed a bit much.

Mix still a bit rough but geting better fast.

If we venture back to lyrics maybe the original rhythm is chorus and the picking is verse?

Musical is always cool too wink.gif

Attached File  faith_11_16_08.mp3 ( 947.86K ) Number of downloads: 314

BTW the in the city one will be next it is nice.

On the MP3 I have myself to loud is the second picking part, just saw that but I am going to bed, too late.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 16 2008, 07:31 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 16 2008, 01:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Leedbreak,

I'm really impressed with the arrangement. smile.gif I like your ideas as well.

I'll upload the backing drums separately and the guitar parts too for you later.

Craig

EDIT: Ok been busy tonight and here are the following files

I've recorded the harmonized guitar part as it didn't sound right but its good now. I've separated the tracks a mp3 files so you can juggle them about but let me know if you want them together if you wish.

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Nov 16 2008, 10:47 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Faith_remixed_with_drums.mp3 ( 1.54MB ) Number of downloads: 329
Attached File  Faith_Drums_only_105bpm.mp3 ( 218.02K ) Number of downloads: 307
Attached File  Faith_Intro_1_clean_guitar.mp3 ( 113.12K ) Number of downloads: 312
Attached File  Faith_Intro_2_Dist_Guitar_Chords.mp3 ( 137.04K ) Number of downloads: 323
Attached File  Faith_Intro_3_Harmonized_Guitars.mp3 ( 127.35K ) Number of downloads: 320

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 17 2008, 04:10 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Nov 16 2008, 06:24 AM) *
Hiya Leedbreak,

I'm really impressed with the arrangement. smile.gif I like your ideas as well.

I'll upload the backing drums separately and the guitar parts too for you later.

Craig

EDIT: Ok been busy tonight and here are the following files

I've recorded the harmonized guitar part as it didn't sound right but its good now. I've separated the tracks a mp3 files so you can juggle them about but let me know if you want them together if you wish.

Wow great stuff you are so cool to work with. This is going to sound very good. wink.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 17 2008, 01:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Leedbreak,

I've made a mistake on by putting on the wrong bpm on the drum track it should be 101bpm.

Sorry for any confusion

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 18 2008, 09:28 AM
Learning Roadie
I'd thought I'd drop this little tune in here after messing about on my guitar last night. Its unusual as its quite upbeat and 'poppy' sounding ohmy.gif !

Anyway it reminded me of long summer days and driving so I called it Summer Drive lol

The lead is a bit ropey but it what came into my head at the time.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  summer_drive.mp3 ( 882.86K ) Number of downloads: 307

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 21 2008, 06:42 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Nov 18 2008, 02:28 AM) *
I'd thought I'd drop this little tune in here after messing about on my guitar last night. Its unusual as its quite upbeat and 'poppy' sounding ohmy.gif !

Anyway it reminded me of long summer days and driving so I called it Summer Drive lol

The lead is a bit ropey but it what came into my head at the time.

Nice. I hope to get back to mixing this weekend, Been a very busy puppy

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 27 2008, 07:22 AM
Ok more updates. Intro is in stone now I believe it is done. Nice mix throughout, till the end anyway. I put your acoustic picking part as the intro to the intro. lol
And it comes in again later

I Have started to get some clicking in I guess my sound card. I need to know if you hear it once posted? I think my card adds it in when I play it back but it is not putting it in the render. I hope huh.gif

Attached File  11_26_08.mp3 ( 1.52MB ) Number of downloads: 299

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 27 2008, 07:25 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 27 2008, 01:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow Leedbreak you've have been busy. smile.gif

Ok so now we know the running order of the song, it sounds good. Like you said it does need some tweeking here and there. Oh btw I couldn't hear any clicking on the track too, was wondering if its overdriving your sound card / speakers?

I was wondering now we have a template should I go over the song and record my takes again? It would prob help you in piecing it together.

I am in a position now where I'm comfortable with Reaper and able to sequence tracks!! smile.gif . Just waiting on an order for my midi controller so there maybe a synth track in there too! So I should be able to take more of the burden tongue.gif

I'll have a go a writing some more lyrics and I'll atempt at having a go a singing them tho I need to buy a mic!! wink.gif

I'll be happy to hear your comments.

Keep rockin' cool.gif

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Nov 27 2008, 01:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 27 2008, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Nov 27 2008, 06:29 AM) *
I'll be happy to hear your comments.

Keep rockin' cool.gif

Well, Morning to ya! (Offer good for 12 hours. LOLOL)

As we all know this is a learning process. What I was thinking is that someone could take the 11_26_08.mp3 file as it is now and write a drum track just for the existing bridges. If these bridges were clean now, we might be ready to leave the music and pick up a note paid. I have mics and can record. I sing in the praise team at church but only as a group, no solos for me yet. But if either of us can sing the other can back up, it will sound good.

I know you are better equipped for mixing the song. So, I am open to all ideas.

I mix as I hear it. You can tell I took a lot of time to get the first few changes to work, but this should not be necessary if the changes were clearner.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 27 2008, 02:31 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 27 2008, 03:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Nov 27 2008, 01:02 PM) *
Well, Morning to ya! (Offer good for 12 hours. LOLOL)

As we all know this is a learning process. What I was thinking is that someone could take the 11_26_08.mp3 file as it is now and write a drum track just for the existing bridges. If these bridges were clean now, we might be ready to leave the music and pick up a note paid. I have mics and can record. I sing in the praise team at church but only as a group, no solos for me yet. But if either of us can sing the other can back up, it will sound good.

I know you are better equipped for mixing the song. So, I am open to all ideas.

I mix as I hear it. You can tell I took a lot of time to get the first few changes to work, but this should not be necessary if the changes were clearner.

Well I work on knocking the track into shape in the next week or so so all the changes from the intro, verse & chorus are smoother and then we can put all the fills etc on top. After your efforts we now have a structure to the song smile.gif.

I'll keep you posted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 13 2009, 04:31 PM
hey Craig.

Since we are so close to having a finished song I am going to do some more mixing and clean it up a bit this weekend. I would like to see you post a solo or two to put in over the main rhythm so it is not just me soloing. I think we can call it a done deal if we had that and I clean the rest up a bit

What do you think? smile.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:14 AM