> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner's Corner 22: Hammer-On, Lesson By Bear Rose
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

carminemarotta
Apr 11 2012, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 22: Hammer-On by Bear Rose

Another feedback request. Thanks in advance, Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Hey carmine! I see you're very active in the REC zone and I congratulate you on your sure footed progress smile.gif This take can be very very good if you will improve your timing - these slips can be felt after 0.27. Try to play with the slowed down backing track and understand where each note goes where in respect to the backing track. After that, another good option will be to play along with the original lesson until you get the vibe and then record with the backing track at the original tempo.

We can discuss more about sync and timing in your mentoring thread!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 12 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
Good effort Carmine and nice tone you have here too smile.gif

Your hammer on technique is good here, it's just the timing that needs attention. As Cosmin said, after 0:27 the timing goes out. If you listen to the drum beat, on the first beat there is a kick drum. After that first beat, that's when you play the note on the E string each time. If you always wait for that first beat of the bar to occur, you'l have a better idea of how to time that phrase. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 12 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
I like your tone smile.gif ! Such as Cosmin and Ben said, you have a timing problems . Your hammer technique is very good, but I would also recommend practicing at slower pace. The interesting thing about this technique is that you should consider the timing of your left hand (the exact hammer on hit ),as opposed to classical dependence of the right hand picking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 14 2012, 06:54 AM
Instructor
Man! Since I first heard you play you made such a huge progress! Your timing got so much better and you tone is great!
I can also hear that you feel more secure when you are playing! and it's great!
There is a few timing issues starting with the third lick, I would suggest to practice it at a slow tempo using a metronome!
Good job!!!!!!

+Quote Post
skennington
May 7 2012, 07:44 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.25 on this one man

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:07 AM