2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Is Your Job Besides Guitarteacher/player, or where did you graduate in
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Well...I have a college degree in mechanical engineering and an English translator official certificate - engineering has developed me as an individual and I do not regret the fact that I have studied this smile.gif

Early this year, I have started a small web/ graphic design company (after trying to focus only on music for a few months - I guess it's not yet possible, BUT ONE DAY!) with a friend. I am also teaching offline, playing with Voodoo and Aria and occasionally at 'Mozart Rocks!' - since it's a big event, it only happens a few times a year.

These are my main activities alongside GMC, which has slowly become a very important aspect in my life

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 25 2012, 08:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 25 2012, 09:27 PM
GMC:er
all your jobs sound great, You all chose something that you really like to do, inspires
me a lot. thanks !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2012, 02:42 AM
Todd here! A project I've been working on for quite some time finally wrapped and is a permanent video installation in the Atlanta Airport. IF you ever fly in you can see it smile.gif Here is the final versAFTER EFFECTS).

+Quote Post
graymic
Apr 26 2012, 09:41 AM
Web applications developer - was studying CS at university then got offered this job unconditionally - took it, dropped university now I'm doing this and running a business with another MD / CEO (not related to my primary job at all) on the side. Since then, barely any time to play guitar - but I've literally given my weekends up now to play guitar and just that (playing twice a week for 7 hours a day).

Austin Ventures / Whaleshark Media UK Ltd (Yes they are related to the massive corporation in the US biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
DenisN
Apr 26 2012, 10:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Master degeree in Electrical engineering. Working as an application engineer for Outdoor enclosures and DC power... wacko.gif hahah...But I see my life heading in SirJamsalto direction biggrin.gif..I'm usually waking waking up early in the morning around 6am to play guitar for about an hour bacuse the woking day is usally from 8am - 6,7,8 pm smile.gif..ROCK ON!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 28 2012, 01:42 AM
Instructor
Wow impressive jobs!!!! I am a full time guitar player/producer, but use to work at a construction company and a metal factory when I was in college! smile.gif

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 28 2012, 05:32 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I have a BSEE degree from the University of New Mexico. Then I got my MBA from University of Reno. I've worked as a digital electronics engineer doing circut design at board and chip level, then moved into software. I worked as a Software Engineering Manager for 7 years before deciding that my passing is as a designer/developer so I went back to engineering. I'm currently a Staff Software Engineer at a large gaming company.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 28 2012, 07:54 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
In college right now studying to be an Electrical Engineer, and work security at a nightclub. I work the door so I don't really get involved in too much head-knocking, I leave that to the other guys wink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 28 2012, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I work at a school as a student assistent but i only got about 1 month left until i get layd of

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2012, 09:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Apr 28 2012, 08:00 AM) *
I work at a school as a student assistent but i only got about 1 month left until i get layd of

Hey Ize smile.gif out of what I remember, you were a fireman right and in the hockey team, right?

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 28 2012, 09:52 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
have a Computer Engineering degree lying around somewhere in the room. I gave up studies while at college. got into web design (used to love art while in school), good that I gotto to buy a computer for that degree otherwise I would still not be using a computer. smile.gif

Now, own a small web company, do mostly WordPress themes and other apps for web. Work from home, baby sit and play guitar here and there. Planning to perform acoustic set weekly with my vocalist in a month or two. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
TesttubeMammoth
Apr 28 2012, 10:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wow, lots of software developers.

I am also a software developer smile.gif I work in the insurance industry and in my spare time I am trying to munge music/programming/helping people together into something profitable and satisfying.

I really want to be able to make a difference to peoples lives you know? To actually contribute something positive, I think music is the perfect vehicle for that.

--------------------
be excellent to each other

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Apr 28 2012, 08:52 AM) *
have a Computer Engineering degree lying around somewhere in the room. I gave up studies while at college. got into web design (used to love art while in school), good that I gotto to buy a computer for that degree otherwise I would still not be using a computer. smile.gif

Now, own a small web company, do mostly WordPress themes and other apps for web. Work from home, baby sit and play guitar here and there. Planning to perform acoustic set weekly with my vocalist in a month or two. smile.gif

Haha biggrin.gif how awesome, I can relate with working from home and playing guitar tongue.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 28 2012, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 28 2012, 10:03 AM) *
Hey Ize smile.gif out of what I remember, you were a fireman right and in the hockey team, right?

Yes i am in the fire department still but i dont play hockey anymore. I play Floorball

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
spacebran
Apr 28 2012, 07:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have a degree in Space Engineering and I am currently a high school physics and math teacher. I also teach chemistry, computer science, earth and space science, and biology.

I love what I do smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 29 2012, 07:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (spacebran @ Apr 28 2012, 06:38 PM) *
I have a degree in Space Engineering and I am currently a high school physics and math teacher. I also teach chemistry, computer science, earth and space science, and biology.

I love what I do smile.gif

Wow!!! This is impressive!!!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 29 2012, 08:56 AM
Learning Roadie
I went to a two year college to get a degree in computers. I wanted to make my life with computers. I earned an Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology - Microcomputers. I graduated with highest honors. Computer jobs were hard to come by around my area of farmlands. I sought a job at places that were not computer-related because I soon really, really needed a job.

I now have been working at Walmart since September 26th of last year. I was hired as a cashier, intending to only make this my holding place until I found a job that was "me" in the computer field. I quickly found out that I loved people much more than computers. biggrin.gif You can reason with a computer, but at least with people you can talk with them and find out the problem. I found out I have tons more patience with people than computers. If the computer freezes...OOOH!!! :{ But I am such a people person and I enjoy the thought of helping people all the time at a company.

I am now on my way to making Walmart my career. I have been working overnights stocking shelves, just trying to get some more experience. I hope to be a department manager one day, or perhaps a store manager! My store manager is working with me to get me where I want to be. Mangers notice those who desire to be a part of the company. wink.gif That's why he offered this open door to overnight stocking. I have learned so much in the recent days!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:37 PM