Alternate Picking....., Just seeing how everybody else picked it up.....
fatstrat
Feb 28 2008, 10:48 PM
GMC:er
So I just started really getting into guitar about a month ago. I've been playing for 3 years now and decided I wanted to get serious. I picked up a practice routine (legato, AP, vibrato, etc...). My main source of frustration is alternate picking. First I started by playing with both the left and the right hands at the same time....didn't work out so well. So, I'm trying to train my right hand to keep a consistent and constant up down up down....I guess my question is how long did it take everybody to get their right hand technique down?

My AP practice routine consists of single string triplets, sixteenth, and sixteenth triplet notes and trying to build my speeds up that way....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Capt.Z
Feb 28 2008, 10:56 PM
GMC:er
its been about three months, i haven't really practiced that long tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:08 AM