Getting That Speed Up
SirJamsalot
May 11 2010, 05:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Muris, you are amazing! I just love your techniqe in many of your videos. As an intermediate player I've been working hard at your lesson on Stamina - Speed bursts to try to get proficient at sliding from one pattern to another and it's an amazing lesson in recognizing what I call the tops of the 7 modes (first 6 notes of each mode) and how they relate.

As for speed - ug. I have to ask, how long did it take you to build up your own speed? for some people, speed comes naturally - Shawn Lane for instance, you can just tell that he puts his hand in automatic vibrate mode and then moves it from position to position - but people like myself aren't quite so gifted. What was it like for you building up your speed or did it come natural? I don't mean precision - everyone has to work on that, but actual motor reflexes to get your left hand to work so fast?

Thanks for the great lessons - I'm working on 2 simultaneously and hoping to submit one in the next few months (if I can bump up my speed by then!).

Christian A.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- SirJamsalot   Getting That Speed Up   May 11 2010, 05:25 PM
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:48 AM