2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Your First Guitar Ever!
Alex Feather
Jun 22 2012, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Hi guys I wanted to start a thread about your first guitar ever!
I had an old acoustic guitar My first acoustic guitar was Cremona old and very bad guitar with action so high that I was cutting my fingers! smile.gif First electric was a strat by Tenon It was a red and very pretty strat that my mom bought me! smile.gif
What was your first guitar???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 22 2012, 08:20 AM
Learning Roadie
My first acoustic was a nylon string guitar, then I progressed to a Hohner steel string. My first electric was a Marlin Sidewinder (pointy head Charvel type rip off) really awlful guitar,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 22 2012, 08:25 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I bought my first ever guitar in 2005. I couldn't afford one before that. sad.gif I did have an acoustic guitar in my home bought by my brother. I used to strum chords and learn few leads. The tuning pegs were jammed as hell and had to tune it with my teeth. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 22 2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor
My first guitar was (and still is) a black Washburn G-Junior.

Here's a pic of one on an Ebay listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Washburn-G-Junior-...0#ht_500wt_1182

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 22 2012, 10:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 22 2012, 08:05 AM) *
My first guitar was (and still is) a black Washburn G-Junior.

Here's a pic of one on an Ebay listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Washburn-G-Junior-...0#ht_500wt_1182

That's pretty cool! You still have your first guitar! That's awesome!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 22 2012, 10:06 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
My first guitar and still is a Yamaha classical guitar which belonged to my dad originally. He bought it when he was a teenager.. It must be maybe around 40 years old.. I haven't heard anything that sounds as great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2012, 01:46 PM
Instructor
My first guitar EVER, was a little acoustic, with an implemented humbucker biggrin.gif which belonged to a friend of mine. He sold it to me for...the equivalent of 8 euros tongue.gif

I had a great time learning with it! I was in the 8th grade and my Mom was scared to death that I won't enter highschool due to the fact that i was out all day with my guitar, waiting for my friend to come outside and write tabs on napkins with bits of Metallica songs he knew how to play biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 22 2012, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
My first and only guitar is a Givson GS 1000, which I use for my vids smile.gif

My bro has an acoustic which is the first one I ever played, but it SUCKS, the bridge is movable so I can change the scale length biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif It doesn't stay in tune

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 22 2012, 04:15 PM
Tone Seeker
I kinda had 3 "first" guitars. When I was like 10 or 11 my dad got me red SG style guitar. I didn't play it so I sold it to my friend who sold it again to our friend. Well of course my dad got pissed about it. Actually he never told me how much it cost and I don't remember guitar exactly so I hope it wasn't Epiphone mellow.gif

Second guitar was "Musima" I don't what the hell brand it was but I learned to play with it.

And 3rd guitar was black with one humbucker "Firefox" guitar. That was my good guitar years but when I started to play again few years ago I got Ltd-Esp.

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jun 22 2012, 06:11 PM
I Borrowed a old Vox electric from my friend and my dad has a Fender acoustic. So thats what I started on. But the first guitar that I bought is a PRS signature johnny Hiland model.

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2012, 09:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jun 22 2012, 05:11 PM) *
I Borrowed a old Vox electric from my friend and my dad has a Fender acoustic. So thats what I started on. But the first guitar that I bought is a PRS signature johnny Hiland model.

Wow dude! Your first axe was a PRS? biggrin.gif Lucky man!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 23 2012, 12:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jun 22 2012, 05:11 PM) *

Wow!! This is a good one!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jun 23 2012, 06:04 AM
Well I am 17 and I live at home so I have no bills to pay, and I work a lot of hours outside of school at my part time job.

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 23 2012, 08:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jun 23 2012, 05:04 AM) *
Well I am 17 and I live at home so I have no bills to pay, and I work a lot of hours outside of school at my part time job.

That's good! smile.gif It sounds like you have a very nice guitar! How do you like Highland model?? I use to own a couple of PRS and loved them! Had to sell them due to endorsement deals smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 23 2012, 08:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
First one a Yamaha Westernguitar

first electric Fender Mex Stratocaster

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 24 2012, 08:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jun 23 2012, 07:30 AM) *
First one a Yamaha Westernguitar

first electric Fender Mex Stratocaster

Awesome! Actually I wanted to ask for a while which guitar you are using to play Van Halen lesson?

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Jun 24 2012, 08:33 AM
My first acoustic was an Indian rip off of the Ibanez called: Ebanez biggrin.gif
First Electric which i still use: ESP Ex 50
Soon upgrading to Schecter Black Jack ATX C 7 once i get my Salary dis month smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 24 2012, 11:29 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 24 2012, 09:17 AM) *
Awesome! Actually I wanted to ask for a while which guitar you are using to play Van Halen lesson?

Hello Alex !

For Van halen i use Duesenberg 49

and via zoom g3 Diezel Herbert amp and a bit Hall effect

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 24 2012, 12:32 PM
here a link to duesenberg USA

www.duesenbergusa.com/dealers/index.html

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 24 2012, 01:10 PM
Apprentice Roadie
My first was an Epiphone and I have no idea what the model was. I bought it new in 1988 and paid right at $200 for it. I remember that it was a Strat style, 3 single coils, white with a black pick guard.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:47 PM