> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Guitar Loves Piano #6, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

nikeman64
Jul 6 2014, 10:38 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Guitar Loves Piano #6 by Piotr Kaczor

Hey guys, second try. I hope it's better than the first! grtz Nico

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52320

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 6 2014, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Hey Nico,it's been a long time ! It's great to see you here again

This is a cool piece to learn.

I think you handle it well for the most part. The pre bend at 0:21 is a little sharp so watch out for those things.

0:46 runs the risk of sounding a little too sharp.. it's only brief but it's noticeable on these ballads.

Your vibrato sounds so much more even these days... very good !

Things to work on are:

-Watch out for bending notes too high / sharp
-Improve the clarity of your hammer-ons and pull offs

Welcome back cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2014, 09:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Nico! Good job with this lesson! I think that your playing is becoming better and better, and this is a very good lesson to work on expression details that can take your playing to a new level.

You are good at vibrato, and timing, but you have to improve your bending technique. Starting around 00:45, I noticed that your bending started to have pitch issues that must be fixed.

How to work on bends? Here Mr. Higgins answers the question:

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2014, 07:52 AM
Instructor
Howdy Nico!

Welcome back biggrin.gif It's always nice to see old friends return wink.gif

The guys pretty much summed things up smile.gif I think it's all a matter of becoming conscious about the notes which are a bit away from the pitch when bending and being focused when practicing, in order not to be taken by surprise smile.gif Otherwise, your playing has improved indeed!

Take the time to record over the original and spot the differences in pitch - in this way, you'll know what notes need to be taken care of.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2014, 02:54 AM
GMC:er
Glad to see you back in the game!!! smile.gif

Not much to add other than to say it's a great idea what Cosmin is suggesting. If you record your solo over the original, you can hear the microtonal differences in your bends and the songs bends. Your hitting it very close, yet it could be closer smile.gif

Also, as was mentioned, each hammer/tap note should be it's own note and very distinct. As separate as a picked note.

Keep it up!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 7 2014, 02:52 AM) *
Howdy Nico!

Welcome back biggrin.gif It's always nice to see old friends return wink.gif

The guys pretty much summed things up smile.gif I think it's all a matter of becoming conscious about the notes which are a bit away from the pitch when bending and being focused when practicing, in order not to be taken by surprise smile.gif Otherwise, your playing has improved indeed!

Take the time to record over the original and spot the differences in pitch - in this way, you'll know what notes need to be taken care of.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 8 2014, 04:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:25 AM