Van Halen
carminemarotta
May 4 2012, 11:07 PM
GMC:er
Hello Alex,
how are you?

I really liked your Van Halen lesson. I have to admit, I do not know a lot EVH guitar. Which songs were you influenced from when composing the lesson?
I have another question, on the main riff when you play A# and A on the 5th string do you mute them or you let them ring? I made them short, muting them soon after playing, i did not like my A ringing. I did a very short video, would be nice if you can have a look, you can see I dampen the notes with my second and third finger:

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 5 2012, 07:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ May 4 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Hello Alex,
how are you?

I really liked your Van Halen lesson. I have to admit, I do not know a lot EVH guitar. Which songs were you influenced from when composing the lesson?
I have another question, on the main riff when you play A# and A on the 5th string do you mute them or you let them ring? I made them short, muting them soon after playing, i did not like my A ringing. I did a very short video, would be nice if you can have a look, you can see I dampen the notes with my second and third finger:

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Carmine

Wow!!! You did an amazing job!!!! Timing is great, sound is great! I love it!
Let ring to the last part and it will be perfect!
To be honest I can see a huge progress in your playing! Very very impressive!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 5 2012, 09:48 PM
GMC:er
Thanks Alex,
I will take this lesson as soon as I finish the ones I am working on now.

regards
Carmine

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 6 2012, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ May 5 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Thanks Alex,
I will take this lesson as soon as I finish the ones I am working on now.

regards
Carmine

Perfect!!! I am looking forward to it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:55 PM