Another Wrist Pain Question, its not that bad....
Ctodd
Sep 19 2008, 01:19 AM
GMC:er
hi,

I have been practicing Pavel's power Galloping ALOT recently, and aside from doing normal "slow" practice where I do everything perfectly while I gradually increase the tempo, I have started using the Speed trainer feature in GP5.

I am practicing this one section over and over, and each time the section repeats it gets bumped up 1-2 BPM. And during during this I start making small mistakes cuz I start to push myself real hard around the 85 BPM area. Anyway, my practice sessions it usually repeats about 15 times, and after this my left wrist (fretting hand) feels a little uncomfortable, I wouldnt really call it pain, but its pretty uncomfortable.... almost painful I would say. And the discomfort goes away pretty quickly (I usually stop playing after I do this workout) and after I stop playing, it goes away in about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway. Is this a problem? should I stop playing the moment I feel that discomfort? Could I just ignore this?

Sorry for making this explanation a little lengthy.

Thanks!

-Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZakkWylde
Sep 19 2008, 01:24 AM
Learning Tone Master
Endurance problem I would say. Or the angle of you arm.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:11 PM