What Has Inspired You In Music Styles
mba64
May 29 2009, 08:05 PM
GMC:er
Hi everybody yesterday I was sitting and thinking about music styles and what has inspired me over the years,there is so many great bands and players out there but not so many has really got to me as a few.

My first music experience that I have was a music company that sell record by postorder 1 record a month, and I saw this cool record called One More From The Road it was Lynyrd Skynyrd I bought it becouse it look cool.
Then I went to record store and heard Higway Star that really got to me I still love that song.

Next was a friends brother to me that had Led Zeppelin and Black sabbath record oboy man the riffs Toni is the king.

Then came kiss and I got poster all over my room and my father said w.t.f is that you call that music, I love them still.

After that it was Status Quo,Hurriganes,Rush and euruption with van Halen we played it over and over in school.
Then came Metallica and change my world,so fast so god I got an eargasm and those chugging guitars holy smoke.
Not since Metallica I have had that felling I got since I heard them the first time it was unlike anything else.

Then I started to play guitar and start listnining to Jimi Hendrix,Satriani,Vinnie Moore,Steve vai,Ritche kotzen.
Then it was Souther style again with Pantera what force what power,not since Metalica had I heard this.

That is my influences whats yours(mine nu is GMC so many great guitar player I can just sitt and look a lessons for days)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mba64: May 29 2009, 08:08 PM

--------------------
LTD WA-600 (EMG JH)
Cort Bass
M-Audio AV40
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
VinceG
May 30 2009, 06:51 PM
GMC:er
You can say Metal had a lot of influences to me as a player for 2-3 years of my guitar life. But since December, I started branching out from it. I found out that my other musical journey's have taken over my life. I use to be really big into Metal, but I just find most of it pretty childish and boring. Of course, there's still a lot of Metal bands that I continue to listen to, but my life doesn't revolve around it anymore.

Nowadays, I find music such as acoustic percussive guitars, post-rock, ambient/IDM/electronic music, reggae, ska (punk), 90's emo are the music that has made a difference in my music journey. I really have come to love artist/bands like Matisyahu (Jewish Reggae/Hip Hop artist), Deal's Gone Bad (2nd wave ska), Slackers (2nd Wave Ska), Streetlight Manifesto, Andy Mckee, Don Ross, Mono, Mogwai, God is an Astronaut, Tycho, Boards of Canada, Bosques de mi Mente, Jazz June, Sunny Day Real Estates, Boy's Life, Kidcrash, Fugazi etc.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: May 30 2009, 07:04 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 PM