2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Buying New Gear
ElHombre
Jun 26 2012, 12:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ringmar @ Jun 26 2012, 01:44 AM) *
Awesome! So you ordered it? When do you get it?

Hi man, no I have not, still thinking about it.
I dont know how good the ultra is for recording.

For example eleven rack and FX II had special recording features, could record several tracks and then you could change the sound of the tracks etc.

Well, you can connect the ultra to your soundcard, then use headphones from soundcard, so it was not such a big problem.
But I dont know, the Ultra seem to miss out some really good recording features.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ringmar
Jun 26 2012, 12:38 PM
GMC:er
Axe fx ultra is great for recording. Periphery used it for their albums. Tons of people use it for recording.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 26 2012, 12:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ringmar @ Jun 26 2012, 11:38 AM) *
Axe fx ultra is great for recording. Periphery used it for their albums. Tons of people use it for recording.

Okey, I think I will go for it.
But as far as I understood, you couldnt record multiple tracks and change the sound like in FX II or Eleven rack.

Also, I connect my POD directly to my computer, and it becomes the soundcard.
If I plug the Ultra into my soundcard, what difference will it be?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ringmar
Jun 26 2012, 02:08 PM
GMC:er
I think you are getting beyond what I personally can answer in detail. I would suggest posting on the fractal audio forums (very helpful bunch over there) and reading the Axe Fx wiki.

This post has been edited by ringmar: Jun 26 2012, 02:08 PM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 26 2012, 03:05 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 26 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Also, I connect my POD directly to my computer, and it becomes the soundcard.
If I plug the Ultra into my soundcard, what difference will it be?

Based on a quick look at Line 6 manual for the Pod X3 and assuming that's the intended sound card...

The standard X3 looks like it only takes unbalanced guitar and balanced mic inputs. There do not appear to be any digital ins so you have to use an analogue signal from the ultra to the pod and use the pod for the ADC. So to plug the Ultra in to the pod you'd almost certainly have to use the mic in and it's a single channel. The issue here is that the Ultra's analogue out is more likely to be at line level rather than mic level so you would have a mismatch: you'd probably have to turn the gain on the pod's mic pre way down to stop it overloading. Even then it might still be poor.

If your X3 is the pro however you could do a digital i/o between the Ultra and the X3Pro via an AES/EBU digital XLR or the spdif. Note that the Ultra is limited to 24/48. You can also run line level analogue to a Pod X3Pro and there's the FX loop.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 26 2012, 03:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/index.php?title=Reamping
Reamping is doable in FX Ultra.

Now I just need to solve the soundcard issue, what soundcard would be good? Needs a midi input.
I dont think I will use my POD x3, I will most surely sell it

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jun 26 2012, 04:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:41 AM