4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Band #2 Member Sign-up
andarr
Mar 22 2009, 02:35 AM
GMC:er
lets do this, where should we start

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 22 2009, 11:32 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 15 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Perhaps a band vote/discussion?

QUOTE (andarr @ Mar 21 2009, 09:35 PM) *
lets do this, where should we start

As Steve25 stated, I think the best pace to start is with a discussion between yourselves to figure out who will lead the band and do all the mixing/backing tracks. The sound will be much better if one person does it rather than all of you.

Once this is decided, then you can move on and figure out what your taste's are and what you want to do for a project.

Do I need to send pm's to the other's or are you guys watching... tongue.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 23 2009, 01:24 PM
sken,

I'd love to do all the mixing/mastering for this band and of course recording guitars, drums and bass i can do but i don't have an awful lot of experience. However i do have the facilities to do it so i could learn. It's up to you guys though (in the band) if anyone else would rather do it then that's fine

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 23 2009, 07:51 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 23 2009, 08:24 AM) *
sken,

I'd love to do all the mixing/mastering for this band and of course recording guitars, drums and bass i can do but i don't have an awful lot of experience. However i do have the facilities to do it so i could learn. It's up to you guys though (in the band) if anyone else would rather do it then that's fine

Great! smile.gif The rest of you OK with Steve handling this responsibility?

+Quote Post
andarr
Mar 25 2009, 12:09 AM
yea that would be perfect, as for what we should play I am leaning towards a bluesy or santana type song but im open for anything

yea that would be perfect, as for what we should play I am leaning towards a bluesy or santana type song but im open for anything

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 25 2009, 10:46 AM
Well this was one of the things i've been thinking about actually what style do we play? I think it would be helpful to find out what everyone wants to play

+Quote Post
Viking Panda
Mar 27 2009, 04:37 AM
Well, I think it would be best if we do an original, although I will be willing to do a cover also.. I play metal, rock, acoustic jazz, finger style.

--------------------
GEAR:

Ibanez RG7321

Customized Les Paul copy (Work in Progress)

Yamaha Acoustic

Dean V-coustic *Fretless!*

VYPYR 75

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 27 2009, 10:58 AM
QUOTE (Viking Panda @ Mar 27 2009, 05:37 AM) *
Well, I think it would be best if we do an original, although I will be willing to do a cover also.. I play metal, rock, acoustic jazz, finger style.

I agree i'd also like to do original stuff but as of yet we only really have 3 members

+Quote Post
Viking Panda
Mar 28 2009, 04:16 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 27 2009, 02:58 AM) *
I agree i'd also like to do original stuff but as of yet we only really have 3 members

I'm pretty sure a couple posts back skennington said we had 6. Unless some people dropped out?

--------------------
GEAR:

Ibanez RG7321

Customized Les Paul copy (Work in Progress)

Yamaha Acoustic

Dean V-coustic *Fretless!*

VYPYR 75

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 29 2009, 11:13 AM
QUOTE (Viking Panda @ Mar 28 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I'm pretty sure a couple posts back skennington said we had 6. Unless some people dropped out?

Yeah but they're not posting so i don't know whether they're actually in or not

+Quote Post
andarr
Mar 30 2009, 09:34 PM
we could start without them and they could join in whenever we hear back from them, as far as playing styles, I'm open to anything cover or original

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 1 2009, 04:40 PM
Could do it's up to you. We need to decide whether to do an original first or a cover

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
Apr 7 2009, 07:21 PM
I thought i was a member. If it makes it more than 3

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 7 2009, 07:42 PM
QUOTE (Sergei Polusmiak @ Apr 7 2009, 02:21 PM) *
I thought i was a member. If it makes it more than 3

All 5 of you are in and Steve25 has accepted the leadership role. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
Apr 9 2009, 08:55 PM
Ok first lets do quite an easy song just to get used to this virtual band thing. Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 9 2009, 08:59 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Apr 7 2009, 07:42 PM) *
All 5 of you are in and Steve25 has accepted the leadership role. smile.gif

LOL has he? Well i don't mind if you guys are fine with that?
I think the very first thing that needs to be done is decide what style/styles we want to play and perhaps come up with a band name

This post has been edited by steve25: Apr 9 2009, 09:00 PM

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 9 2009, 09:02 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Apr 9 2009, 03:59 PM) *
LOL has he? Well i don't mind if you guys are fine with that?
I think the very first thing that needs to be done is decide what style/styles we want to play and perhaps come up with a band name

laugh.gif You da man Steve! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
Apr 10 2009, 06:01 PM
I would prefer to play heavier styles, Stuff like Children of bodom, Wintersun, And other finnish metal Bands though i will be fine with some older stuff like ozzy osbourne, and stuff like that.

I can play some different styles just dont ask me to play classical guitar, That will not work ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 10 2009, 07:30 PM
QUOTE (Sergei Polusmiak @ Apr 10 2009, 06:01 PM) *
I would prefer to play heavier styles, Stuff like Children of bodom, Wintersun, And other finnish metal Bands though i will be fine with some older stuff like ozzy osbourne, and stuff like that.

I can play some different styles just dont ask me to play classical guitar, That will not work ohmy.gif

That sounds fine with me, anyone have any comments on that?

+Quote Post
andarr
Apr 12 2009, 03:08 AM
sounds good to me, but I have never heard the music of those bands listed except ozzy osborne which i would enjoy, we could do a cover first that's probably the easiest way to get things going.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:54 AM