No Guitar For 10 Days But....
The Uncreator
Dec 26 2011, 07:41 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

So yeah, went into Guitar Center to buy some new pickups. Preferably I was going to get a JP7 model, but they carried none. Since I have GAS I had to look around and I stumbled across this beauty.

So first off, its the Stephen Carpenter 7 String model (guitar player for Deftones) and while I am no Deftones fan I know how highly this guitar is revered. 9 and 10 reviews on most sites, praising its sound to price ratio.

Now it gets better, I found it used, and upon inspection the paint job seemed great, just a bit dirty. Everything worked, all the electronics it was just a really good deal. List price was only $250.

Now it gets more better. Looking at the pickups I saw that they were Blackouts, which run about $95 a piece, both neck and bridge had them, so a $200 pair of pickups were on this now (of which I am unsure guitar center realized or not).

Now it gets more better betterer. I hate my Dean pretty much, so I just traded that in for whatever they gave me ($90), so thats almost $100 off right there.

Now its betterester more better great. I recently bought my new PC and I am selling this old crappy one for $80, And it all goes towards the guitar. On top of that they agreed on $250 flat and no tax since I was doing cash. Paid for it, the guitar is mine.

Now it sucks, because I sold my only other (working) guitar and have nothing to play for 10 days....But once those 10 days are up I think it will be well worth the wait.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2011, 08:19 PM
Instructor
Best business ever!!! Congrats!! smile.gif

Ten days to read some theory!! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 26 2011, 09:24 PM
Ten days to avoid arrows to the knee! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 26 2011, 09:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome news Brett! You, sir, are a true business man. I'm happy for you. ..sorry for being dense, but I didn't catch why you have to wait for 10 days.

Brandon

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 27 2011, 12:56 AM
Its some store policy. Someone just brought it in for trade (and they picked up some $2000 guitar) so it has to remain in the store for two weeks I guess.

Stupid, but its paid for so all I have to do is wait and pick it up.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 27 2011, 01:11 AM
GMC:er
dude ...i am on my 8 day without guitar (both reparing) :c it's gettin hard, i miss jammin, i miss feeling the strings..damn :C

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Dec 27 2011, 01:30 AM
Apprentice Roadie
That's a nice guitar! With deals like that, I might have to drive down there from Ocala when I upgrade! I have to learn to play my scales flawlessly first, so it won't be soon! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 27 2011, 02:03 AM
Instructor
You can just go to guitar center every day and play it until you take it home.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 27 2011, 03:11 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 26 2011, 07:03 PM) *
You can just go to guitar center every day and play it until you take it home.

Now THAT'S an idea! How could they refuse? It's YOUR guitar, Brett.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 27 2011, 03:47 AM
It's also in three cities away. 30 minute drive but an hour travel there and back, I need the gas for work! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 27 2011, 06:40 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 26 2011, 08:47 PM) *
It's also in three cities away. 30 minute drive but an hour travel there and back, I need the gas for work! laugh.gif

sad.gif
Or you could just wait... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Dec 27 2011, 11:58 AM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 26 2011, 11:56 PM) *
Its some store policy. Someone just brought it in for trade (and they picked up some $2000 guitar) so it has to remain in the store for two weeks I guess.

Stupid, but its paid for so all I have to do is wait and pick it up.

All the pawn shops here have a 30 day wait period to sell anything that has been traded or pawned to them. It's some law in case the merchandise is stolen. I know you got it at a guitar store but they they probably have some kind of law about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 27 2011, 08:42 PM
While its completely logical I still hate it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 27 2011, 10:17 PM
Instructor
Nice trade smile.gif,congrats man !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2011, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Haha, sweet troubles you have these 10 days definitely smile.gif Congratulations, guitar looks perfect man. May it serve you well! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2011, 07:05 PM
Instructor
When it concerns a new guitar, that's 10 days too long !! dry.gif

But it does look pretty damn sex-aaaay ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:06 PM