Truffle Shuffle
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 21 2011, 11:22 AM
GMC Founder
The shuffle is a common technique when playing the blues. First check out Denes' new lesson, "Philip Sayce Style", and then post a reply to today's topic.

When you play/ practice the blues, do you utilize the shuffle? Do you find it difficult to get the rhythm for it? Any tips you'd like to share?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Mar 21 2011, 12:06 PM
Learning Roadie
I use the shuffle all the time, when I'm playing blues or funk or rock... just name it. Even metal. biggrin.gif I think the shuffle's best suited for some energetic punk rock or very slow blues where the bass line creates the shuffle rhythm. My advice is that don't think about the rhythm too much, if you lose the shuffle in a faster lick or a straightforward solo, you can always get it back by simply going on. The thing about shuffle I like is that the rhythm is actually pretty free and it sounds good even if you didn't play it just right.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Mar 21 2011, 06:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Ohhh yeah I always throw in the shuffle, especially with Stevie Ray stuff. Pride n Joy and Cold Shot etc. cool.gif

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:13 AM