8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Virtual Band - Moaning Lisa, Band number 5
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 08:13 PM
Learning Roadie
hmm, I'm having fun adding phaser tongue.gif Play the riff with this:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Muse_Lesson_002fphase__d.l6t ( 1.98K ) Number of downloads: 142

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 17 2007, 08:31 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm almost done with the lesson, than I need some indications of what I'm suppose to do, have anything in mind?

(Writing with the pick in my hand xD)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 17 2007, 09:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Well, I think after each of us have gotten the lesson down I'll put up a bass/drum track with a basic structure, and we'll designate whoever can play the riffs the best as the rhythm player who'll then record over it. When that's done we can see what it sounds like, tweak structure as needed etc. The whole time if anyone gets any ideas for melodies, riff variations etc just put them in here and we'll discuss it.

I guess it'll keep going through that process until we get a final song structure down with bass/drums/riff, and hopefully by that time I'll be able to do a decent job mixing tongue.gif Then we can work on lead stuff and vocals for it.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 18 2007, 12:00 AM
GMC:er
JVM what other styles could be incorportated in this band? Id like to join, but from the list of bands ive only listened to nirvana and im not too much fan of grunge.. But anyways, are there still spots available? smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 18 2007, 12:02 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I think we are full but like Smells said, all bands will have to rotate for others to play while there are still 5 bands, so it's a matter of speaking with JVM, statting what will you do, rythm guitar, lead or something else and telling Smells smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 18 2007, 12:05 AM
Learning Roadie
Sorry Fret I think we're full for now. Talk to smells though, he's gathering more people to put on rotation to either form a new band pretty soon or else take a spot in a band during the next song or so smile.gif Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 18 2007, 12:08 AM
Experienced Rock Star
hehehe I was quicker than you JVM xD. I didn't understood well if I could by the way...Can I write lyrics based on the muse lesson or what? smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 18 2007, 12:11 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, go ahead smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 18 2007, 12:44 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok, I'll try to do some now and than send it by pm to you

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 18 2007, 01:42 AM
Learning Roadie
yea u can call me manhunta lol.

ive finished the lesson (can play it at 115% original speed perfectly.... i like to play things faster so i know i can play it slower all of the time) and have some basic vocal/keyboard melodies in my head.

tell me what to do next mr leader man tongue.gif (hope you dont mind if i call you that biggrin.gif:P)

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 18 2007, 02:03 AM
Learning Roadie
sorry for the double post but i noticed the other bands have signatures with their names on and due to the competative spirit i couldnt let us be outdone by them tongue.gif

and JVM, i thought i'd make you a second one with a slight difference.... ill let you choose which one you use, if any tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 18 2007, 05:16 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 17 2007, 12:42 PM) *
yea u can call me manhunta lol.

ive finished the lesson (can play it at 115% original speed perfectly.... i like to play things faster so i know i can play it slower all of the time) and have some basic vocal/keyboard melodies in my head.

tell me what to do next mr leader man tongue.gif (hope you dont mind if i call you that biggrin.gif:P)

I'd like to hear some of your keyboard stuff, I'll probably send you a drum track in a day or two that won't really be structured but something to put some music down and let us sort everything out, I think you'll be our rhythm player for this song as you seem to have it down pretty tight smile.gif I agree with what you say about playing things faster, I do that as well, though 16th notes around 115-120 is pushing it for me.

Cool sigs by the way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 18 2007, 12:56 PM
Learning Roadie
cooooooooool.
ill look forward to it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 18 2007, 09:10 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 17 2007, 05:05 PM) *
Sorry Fret I think we're full for now. Talk to smells though, he's gathering more people to put on rotation to either form a new band pretty soon or else take a spot in a band during the next song or so smile.gif Good luck!

Ok Thanks.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 19 2007, 04:55 PM
Experienced Rock Star
JVM, any directions on what to do next?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 19 2007, 06:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hmm, for now I would just say write down any ideas, tab any guitar parts you can come up with that you like (riff variations, lead licks, etc) for future reference for yourself, and generally just brainstorm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 19 2007, 07:18 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok, will do...If I come up with something, I'll post it here

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 20 2007, 02:04 AM
Learning Roadie
Yo manhunta, I structured it a little more than i was going to, but it's not quite done. I need to edit the timing on a certain part so that it doesn't feel so unnnatural.

Also I've included a couple of different beats throughout the structure (that can easily be replaced with the other ones) so if there's certain ones you like more you can give me feedback etc.

Will get it to you by tomorrow afternoon tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 20 2007, 04:09 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I've come up with something of my own based on the muse lesson, will record it and post in our upload topic when I've got the chance smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 20 2007, 05:04 AM
Learning Roadie
[edit] man, I had some problems last night tongue.gif ignore this post.

This post has been edited by JVM: Dec 20 2007, 04:26 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  musedrumtrack2.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 221

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:33 AM