> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Jimmy Page Style Licks
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2012, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! In this lesson I will share 11 licks in the style of Jimmy Page. We will use the backing track from our Led Zeppelin collab which is inspired in the song “Baby I’m gonna leave you”.

Bio from Wikipedia:
“James Patrick "Jimmy" Page, OBE (born 9 January 1944) is an English multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, and record producer. He began his career as a studio session guitarist in London and was subsequently a member of The Yardbirds from 1966 to 1968, after which he founded the English rock band Led Zeppelin.
Jimmy Page is viewed by critics, fans and fellow musicians alike as one of the most influential and important guitarists and songwriters in rock music.[1][2][3]Rolling Stone magazine has described him as "the pontiff of power riffing & probably the most digitally sampled artist in pop today after James Brown."[4] In 2010, Jimmy Page was ranked No.2 in Gibson's list of "Top 50 Guitarists of All Time"[5] and, in 2007, No.4 on Classic Rock Magazine's "100 Wildest Guitar Heroes".[6] Page was ranked third in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time" in 2011.[7] He has been inducted into theRock and Roll Hall of Fame twice; once as a member of The Yardbirds (1992),[8] and once as a member of Led Zeppelin (1995).[9]”

The backing track is in A minor and the chord progression is:

Am – G – D/F # - F – E

All the licks are in A pentatonic minor or A minor Aeolian scale.

I created this lesson to analyse Page’s style and also to give you tools and ideas to join the Led Zeppelin Collab that is now open at my personal board.

JOIN THE LED ZEPPELIN COLLAB

Here you have the backing track.

and these are the licks...

Attached File  Jimmy_Page_Style_Licks.gp5 ( 7.15K ) Number of downloads: 534

Attached File  11_Jimmy_Page_Style_Licks.txt ( 5.95K ) Number of downloads: 620

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Feb 28 2012, 11:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Awesome Licks Gabe... this came at the perfect time for me.... I wish i found this months ago! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2012, 05:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Feb 28 2012, 07:02 AM) *
Awesome Licks Gabe... this came at the perfect time for me.... I wish i found this months ago! cool.gif

Thanks Jax! Always check the Intensive Tehcnique Course Thread!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:43 AM