Write Down Your Current Practice Routine
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 5 2011, 06:49 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, I thought we can all try to share with each other our practice routines. This would help people that didn't develop their own systems of exercises.

Also I'm here now to give you some directions and advices regarding your own routines if you like! smile.gif

My practice routines these days revolve mostly around creating backings and practicing various things over those. I like to record various chord/powerchord combos and limit myself for 15 mins to scales, then arps, then specific techniques, then combine them, break them appart. I start slowly, and increase speed gradually until the end.

In recent years, when my practice sessions were mostly technique-based, I used to do the usual stuff:

- 15 mins chromatic warmup
- 20 mins pentatonic scales (AP & EP)
- 20 mins arps (EP)
- 30 mins diatonic scales
- 20 mins chords

and so on. Of course, not every session was exactly the same (or else I would be bored to death biggrin.gif ). I had to always change positions, tempos, note durations in order to keep things interesting.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rocko
Mar 31 2012, 08:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi guys,

that's an interesting thread!

So, now my story smile.gif The ...let's call it "problem" - for me is that I have a normal 9 to 5 job that really challenges me. But, I also want to make some improvements on the guitar.

In general I have to say it's really unrealistic to plan about 2 up to 3 hours a day for practicing. Normally I can practice about 1 hour after work. At the moment I pratice along the book "Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar" from Troy Stetina. I do some left hand hammer on / pull off routines, and then an "one string" alternate picking routine. After that usually jam along a backing track.

I guess that's far away from a perfect practice session because my goal is to really get a good technique so I can play all solos I can imagine, but that is how I do it at the moment.

Regards
Andreas

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:13 PM