> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Opetholic Technical Guitar Journey
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2012, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hey Mert! Good one mate biggrin.gif I will watch it again though tongue.gif at this point it seemed great to me. Regarding the sweeps, yup, that's pretty much what I had in mind wink.gif let's a take out of those and in the mean time, for AP, I was thinking you could try these two I presented last time in the v-chat session:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=586171

what do you think?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 28 2012, 03:22 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 28 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Hey Mert! Good one mate biggrin.gif I will watch it again though tongue.gif at this point it seemed great to me. Regarding the sweeps, yup, that's pretty much what I had in mind wink.gif let's a take out of those and in the mean time, for AP, I was thinking you could try these two I presented last time in the v-chat session:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=586171

what do you think?

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin, the new AP exercises are awesome. I like the first one particularly smile.gif I will work on them.. What is the target tempo? 140 bpm with 16ths again or more ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2012, 03:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ May 28 2012, 02:22 PM) *
Hey Cosmin, the new AP exercises are awesome. I like the first one particularly smile.gif I will work on them.. What is the target tempo? 140 bpm with 16ths again or more ?

Mert smile.gif the target is the highest you can get without loosing control and relaxation tongue.gif Glad you like'em wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 28 2012, 03:30 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 1 2012, 02:55 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Cosmin,

Here is the mixolydian exercise at an embarrassingly low 60bpm tempo. I don't know how much higher I can go with this. Maybe you should give me a target smile.gif

Cheers,
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2012, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif Mate, I was thinking that you would do it using sextuplets instead of sixteenth notes. Nonetheless, it is very good like this as well! If you feel like it, try to reach 130. But don't rush it! Even if this take was not that clean it had good timing and balance which are of utmost importance!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 1 2012, 03:51 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 1 2012, 02:41 PM) *
Wow biggrin.gif Mate, I was thinking that you would do it using sextuplets instead of sixteenth notes. Nonetheless, it is very good like this as well! If you feel like it, try to reach 130. But don't rush it! Even if this take was not that clean it had good timing and balance which are of utmost importance!

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

I am playing sextuplets am i not? There are 6 notes every beat in my take. I am confused tongue.gif
I don't know if I can go up to 130 like this biggrin.gif I will do my best though. The string skipping slows me down.
I would love to see you playing it at that tempo, it must look impressive!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2012, 07:55 PM
Instructor
I think it has been recorded in the last week's v-chat smile.gif so, if I'll choose that one for being re-played, you will see it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 2 2012, 10:07 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 1 2012, 06:55 PM) *
I think it has been recorded in the last week's v-chat smile.gif so, if I'll choose that one for being re-played, you will see it wink.gif

Yea that must really look quite impressive. I am having problems even at half the tempo biggrin.gif
Ok here we go, an embarrassingly slow 70bpm (I feel like it will take me a year to reach 130 bpm like this tongue.gif but I am patient)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 10:15 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert!

let's go back to 60 BPM and try to get really really comfy at that tempo smile.gif In the mean time, I will concoct some more string skipping exercises and post them here for ya biggrin.gif

At this point you are actually playing triplets at 140 BPM which is fast for this sort of exercise and it's the actual tempo where I am smile.gif 130 BPM sextuplets is KILLER fast man - now I actually realized what you were talking about biggrin.gif

Stay tuned for more string skipping goodness biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 2 2012, 10:58 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 2 2012, 09:15 AM) *
At this point you are actually playing triplets at 140 BPM which is fast for this sort of exercise and it's the actual tempo where I am smile.gif 130 BPM sextuplets is KILLER fast man - now I actually realized what you were talking about biggrin.gif
Cosmin

Pfeew man biggrin.gif I was like how am I possibly going to play sextuplets at 130bpm biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I was starting to feel very bad for being very slow biggrin.gif But you know maybe 130 is too much, on the other hand something like 100 can be achieved I think...
Ok, going down to 60bpm from 70 felt very good and comfortable. Here is my second take at 60bpm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2012, 11:27 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif alrightie, the next step is trying NOT to let the notes bleed into each other. Try to mute the strings with your fingers by taking them off and placing them back again, just like in the Vivaldi lesson smile.gif if you need to, go slower! It is not compulsory to play fast - I would like to know that you are able to grasp the control over this idea at a lower tempo and build speed as you practice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 3 2012, 11:16 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 2 2012, 10:27 AM) *
biggrin.gif alrightie, the next step is trying NOT to let the notes bleed into each other. Try to mute the strings with your fingers by taking them off and placing them back again, just like in the Vivaldi lesson smile.gif if you need to, go slower! It is not compulsory to play fast - I would like to know that you are able to grasp the control over this idea at a lower tempo and build speed as you practice smile.gif

Hi Cosmin, thanks for the feedback.

Indeed this is something I need to get used to doing. In classical playing we never do this, actually it is not good practice to lift off fingers like that but in electric guitar technique I realize you need to do that. This is why I am having so many problems with the blending of notes into each other.

I tried it in a slower tempo to lift off all my fingers once I play a note but still I get the effect from the high notes on the E string. I just can't avoid it. Could it be because of the distortion ? Do you think you could record a take of this for me at a slow tempo so I see how you do it and also I see how it is supposed to sound??

Thanks,
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Hey Mert, sure thing I'll shoot for you and thanks for an awesome idea wink.gif regarding this concept smile.gif I will make a movie dedicated to this for the benefit of everyone here! Stay tuned and practice the other exercises too, ok? biggrin.gif Don't get too lazy tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 4 2012, 11:57 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 3 2012, 07:21 PM) *
Hey Mert, sure thing I'll shoot for you and thanks for an awesome idea wink.gif regarding this concept smile.gif I will make a movie dedicated to this for the benefit of everyone here! Stay tuned and practice the other exercises too, ok? biggrin.gif Don't get too lazy tongue.gif

Hello Master Cosmin smile.gif
I will be waiting for your video. It will surely help me a lot. In the meantime here is the second exercise you assigned me to practice from your video chat lesson notes. I started this playing sextuplets at 80bpm. Here we go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Hey man! This looks like you can pump up the tempo a bit more wink.gif you know, you remind me a lot of one of my old teachers in the way you are picking. You got a very good AP movement in the right hand biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 4 2012, 07:10 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 4 2012, 05:36 PM) *
Hey man! This looks like you can pump up the tempo a bit more wink.gif you know, you remind me a lot of one of my old teachers in the way you are picking. You got a very good AP movement in the right hand biggrin.gif

Oh man, you have no idea how much it means when guitar players like you or Ben or Gabriel compliment on my picking! Makes me want to practice nonstop smile.gif so one day I could maybe come close to playing like you guys.. I will post a take on this exercise with a higher tempo tomorrow after I work on it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 5 2012, 01:38 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
All right, here we go: pentatonic stretching exercise at 90bpm with sextuplets.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2012, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Spot on Mert! wink.gif

Tell me, would you like to try something more musical implying AP? I think you can do a lot more than just exercises!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 6 2012, 04:00 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 6 2012, 02:50 PM) *
Spot on Mert! wink.gif

Tell me, would you like to try something more musical implying AP? I think you can do a lot more than just exercises!

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin, thanks smile.gif I have done this exercise at 100 bpm today, haven't recorded yet. Yes I would like to do something more musical smile.gif On the other hand I still want to learn to be able to stop notes from blending into each other.
I leave it up to you to decide how to proceed smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 6 2012, 03:00 PM) *
Hey Cosmin, thanks smile.gif I have done this exercise at 100 bpm today, haven't recorded yet. Yes I would like to do something more musical smile.gif On the other hand I still want to learn to be able to stop notes from blending into each other.
I leave it up to you to decide how to proceed smile.gif

I'm still thinking about how to make a little vid regarding this topic - I think you can also check the parts in the vivaldi lesson for this idea as they treat the same subject and they are being shot in slow tempo as well. I'll shoot a vid with that exercise and I hope it'll help smile.gif

In the mean time, what say you about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Popeye_The_Sailor_Theme/

biggrin.gif This dude is a friend of mine from Romania tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:53 PM