Mattias Ia Eklundh Chords, chords that mattias ia eklundh uses in his solo albums
gaby_arg
Jan 15 2009, 11:01 PM
GMC:er
hii...first time here! sorry for my english (argentina here jaja)....y ask to you david because you have a beautifull aproach to theory and you really know a lot of jazz and diferent styles like the others great gmc teacher!..

my request is about the chords and harmony that mattias ia eklundh uses in his solo albums...especially in the song happy hour (the road less traveled cd)....but if not that song any other of him...because y didn´t see any lesson about him..except the great mattias ia tapping of lian ...and if you listen to him you will notice that he is really good to cover something about his very unusual style ....y hope this post dosn´t bother anyone....keep up the really good work to this community !! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by gaby_arg: Jan 16 2009, 01:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 16 2009, 02:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gaby_arg @ Jan 15 2009, 05:01 PM) *
hii...first time here! sorry for my english (argentina here jaja)....y ask to you david because you have a beautifull aproach to theory and you really know a lot of jazz and diferent styles like the others great gmc teacher!..

my request is about the chords and harmony that mattias ia eklundh uses in his solo albums...especially in the song happy hour (the road less traveled cd)....but if not that song any other of him...because y didn´t see any lesson about him..except the great mattias ia tapping of lian ...and if you listen to him you will notice that he is really good to cover something about his very unusual style ....y hope this post dosn´t bother anyone....keep up the really good work to this community !! smile.gif

Hi man!
First of all, welcome to the website! Glad you enjoy the lessons!
I completely agree with you on the fact that Mattias would be an amazing subject for a study on GMC.
I've been asked to do something in his style before. I really would love to do this, and I will!
However I need time to learn his style myself!
Patience, I'll get it done! :-)
Thanks a lot for asking, keep up the good work and ask if you need anything!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
gaby_arg
Jan 16 2009, 10:34 PM
smile.gif thanks for taking it into account!!...see you in the next lessons!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 16 2009, 11:52 PM
This might be helpful David: http://freakguitar.com/tunings.html

It's the tunings that Ia uses. The C#sus4, Bbadd13 and Badd9 tunings are so bizarre. ;D

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 17 2009, 12:33 AM
Instructor
Thanks a lot!

I listened to the song, it's cool!
The only thing is that I can't really do anything too similar for copyright reasons.
However, the song uses a lot of open string chords with a 5/4 measure which is what makes it sound so unique and cool.
I'll try to work something out man!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 17 2009, 07:46 AM
Some more inspiration for you David.

Print this!

Smoke on the water

Freak Kitchen - Nobody's Laughing

Freak Kitchen - Propaganda Pie

This post has been edited by Mandos: Jan 17 2009, 07:47 AM

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
gaby_arg
Jan 17 2009, 04:04 PM
rolleyes.gif wow...you are doing a really goooood job here!...y just started to dig into the freaky 5/4 measures jajaja and tunnings....really apreciate this...y didn´t know that this kind of community exist in todays selfish world!...hope some day have the knowledge to help others in the music!....thanks!!! smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiESaozFfnM

another youtube video of mattias! enjoy !

+Quote Post
gaby_arg
Jan 17 2009, 04:34 PM
y have a doubt.....why is the main reason to change the tunning?..today y put mi nylon guitar in dsus4 and well...all the strings to the air is the Dsus4 chord...wich is great...but why exactly is usefull changing the tunning...y supposed that is for playing some chords more easy...is that correct??.....sorry for the questions...but y would really like to know...because all this post of mattias make me dig into it and it´s feel like some new knowledge is comming! biggrin.gif ...thanks david and mandos !

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 17 2009, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Yeah, alternate tuning are either to play something easier, or to create some chords that are different as a standard tuned guitar often forces players to kind of play in the same positions...

Thanks for all the vids!
I've been a fan of Mattias for a while too, just not sure how to approach this. His style is great and technically very interesting, but to be honest quite different than mine.

This will definitally be challenging! But I'm up to it! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 17 2009, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Sorry for bumping like this David,
I guess the very tricky thing to get would be
all those harmonics!!
I played his signature guitar few months ago,
all pickups are wired together and there is ton of output! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
gaby_arg
Jan 17 2009, 05:27 PM
thanks smile.gif david! for the information!...y will continue diggin on it!.....wow muris in the gutiar idol 2009...y have to vote excuse me... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 17 2009, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Yeah, those harmonics are hard to get!
That's what I'm really struggling with...
I'd love to have Mattias play those on my guitar, juts so that I could see exactly how he does it.
I can get some, but I'm wondering how he gets onl;y one note to ring. I watched videos and can't seem to understand how he only slaps one note at a time and how he mutes the other strings...

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jan 17 2009, 06:24 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Once I saw a mattias's video, can't remember what was the title, he was showing us how to do the harmonics, just dip the whammy bar, your chords tension will be really low, hit an harmonic on any string (the G string is the easiest one) and then release the whammy bar, you'll get your harmonic sound.
If you want to practice it, start on fret 5 and 7 they are really easy to get, there also very cool harmonic (there 3 differents) on the 3rd fret.
You can also see the tone of each harmonic on his site : here's the link http://www.freakguitar.com/licks.html
I'm a big fan of Eklundh, so hope I helped a little bit smile.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 17 2009, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Thanks Jad!
Yeah, I've seen that. I got the technique in theory, but problem is for me to mute all noises you don't want..
Still working on it! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
not2secure4u
Jan 19 2009, 07:59 AM
David , would you be interested in a lil vid about that ? I started my guitar playing career figuring out how to do those harmonics. I've done one about years ago on how to get that technique working but I've lost it. :s biggrin.gif

I wouldnt mind making a new one.

This post has been edited by not2secure4u: Jan 19 2009, 07:59 AM

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 19 2009, 01:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (not2secure4u @ Jan 19 2009, 01:59 AM) *
David , would you be interested in a lil vid about that ? I started my guitar playing career figuring out how to do those harmonics. I've done one about years ago on how to get that technique working but I've lost it. :s biggrin.gif

I wouldnt mind making a new one.

Yeah, I 'd love to see that!!!
:-)
Thanks!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:39 PM