3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Female Vocals, Do you enjoy?
Opetholic
Jun 20 2012, 06:48 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey GMCers,

Do you enjoy female vocals in rock/metal music? If so, who are some of the ones you enjoy?? I know Gabriel enjoys for sure wink.gif
Here are two ladies I enjoy listening to and watching smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2012, 07:00 PM
Instructor
hahaah yeah, you know that I do! tongue.gif

there are lots of bands and styles that I like with girls in vocals... I don't like many of her stuff but Pink is one of my favourite female singer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 20 2012, 07:09 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2012, 06:00 PM) *
hahaah yeah, you know that I do! tongue.gif

there are lots of bands and styles that I like with girls in vocals... I don't like many of her stuff but Pink is one of my favourite female singer.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Wow man, that was some really good stuff! Thanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 20 2012, 07:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Brody Dalle is probably my favourite female singer. The stuff she done with 'The Distillers' was epic.

also an honourable mention for Doro Pesch.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2012, 07:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 20 2012, 03:22 PM) *
Brody Dalle is probably my favourite female singer. The stuff she done with 'The Distillers' was epic.

also an honourable mention for Doro Pesch.

I also like this band! They have some really cool songs... Closer to their style, I like the album Celebrity Skin by Hole.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 20 2012, 08:48 PM
Instructor
I like the sound of female voices with metal.. it works very well. In terms of taste I guess I prefer the beauty of female fronted Symphonic Metal like Nightwish or Within Temptation.. I don't own any WT music but I like what I've heard.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 20 2012, 09:49 PM
Learning Rock Star

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 20 2012, 09:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 20 2012, 10:01 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Wow great music Ulrik. I didn't know about Dimmu Borgir. It was good in a very wicked way biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 20 2012, 10:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 20 2012, 11:01 PM) *
Wow great music Ulrik. I didn't know about Dimmu Borgir. It was good in a very wicked way biggrin.gif

Well Dimmu Borgir normally does not have female vocals, Gateways is just with a guest performance.

I like the "Greatness" of their music, that comes with the whole symphony thing.

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 20 2012, 10:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 20 2012, 11:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 20 2012, 07:54 PM) *
I also like this band! They have some really cool songs... Closer to their style, I like the album Celebrity Skin by Hole.

yeah totally. That is a great album. the title track especially is excellent, the lyrics really suit Courtney's voice perfectly.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 20 2012, 08:48 PM) *
I prefer the beauty of female fronted Symphonic Metal like Nightwish or Within Temptation..

Im much the same, I like what Ive heard from those two bands but I dont actually own any of their albums.... although I do tend to go for the more 'dirty' type female fronted bands biggrin.gif dunno what that says about me!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jun 21 2012, 03:26 AM
GMC:er
This is my fave...

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 21 2012, 04:24 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like the female vocals in the middle of the Guns N Roses song Rocket Queen ph34r.gif I'm sure Christian does as well haha laugh.gif

All kidding aside, I really like female vocals in bands such as Nightwish, where the vocalist utilizes the characteristics unique to her gender. However, I'm not really a fan of female vocalists that try to sound hard and tough, I just don't find it appealing. I guess I like my women to be girly. Oh well biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 09:10 AM
Instructor
I love female vocals and here's a little (but very diverse) list of the ladies whose voices I like:

..I will post more, but this is what comes to mind right now wink.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 21 2012, 09:37 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Wow Cosmin, thanks for the post smile.gif Enya is always so pleasant to listen to. The video clip was very nice also. I don't think I am a big fan of girls screaming. As Mudbone said, I also like my women to be girly biggrin.gif The Apocalyptica video was interesting. I don't know yet if I like it or not biggrin.gif hehe

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 21 2012, 09:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jun 21 2012, 04:24 AM) *
All kidding aside, I really like female vocals in bands such as Nightwish, where the vocalist utilizes the characteristics unique to her gender. However, I'm not really a fan of female vocalists that try to sound hard and tough, I just don't find it appealing. I guess I like my women to be girly. Oh well biggrin.gif

Me too.. we're just old fashioned that way wink.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 20 2012, 10:58 PM) *
Well Dimmu Borgir normally does not have female vocals, Gateways is just with a guest performance.

That is an awesome song and arrangement. I wish they used her vocals for more tracks on that album !

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jun 21 2012, 11:59 AM
GMC:er
I enjoy.
Females.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 21 2012, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jun 21 2012, 11:59 AM) *
I enjoy.
Females.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Neighbor biggrin.gif don't we all? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 21 2012, 06:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Neighbor biggrin.gif don't we all? tongue.gif

Not necessarily ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 21 2012, 06:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 21 2012, 10:02 AM) *
Not necessarily ! laugh.gif

Girl friend is looking over your shoulder huh? biggrin.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:02 PM