> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Carminemarotta's World Of Many Styles
carminemarotta
Feb 29 2012, 05:25 PM
GMC:er
Thanks Cosmin,
i am planning a take of: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...rumming-Rhythm/
when I will be ready. One thing I noticed that I never really mastered a lesson. time to stop and stay focus on one.

Thanks
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Feb 29 2012, 04:25 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin,
i am planning a take of: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...rumming-Rhythm/
when I will be ready. One thing I noticed that I never really mastered a lesson. time to stop and stay focus on one.

Thanks
Carmine

Hey Carmine! Sure thing, let's get this one down then smile.gif do you feel there's anything you're having trouble with on this one?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 3 2012, 03:14 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 1 2012, 08:27 AM) *
Hey Carmine! Sure thing, let's get this one down then smile.gif do you feel there's anything you're having trouble with on this one?

Thanks Cosmin and how are you?

No problem just practice. Been very busy at work, need long rest, no so much time for guitar these days.

Regards
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2012, 01:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 3 2012, 02:14 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin and how are you?

No problem just practice. Been very busy at work, need long rest, no so much time for guitar these days.

Regards
Carmine

Good afternoon there smile.gif Take your time Carmine, I am here whenever you have questions or want to share thoughts wink.gif otherwise, I'm very good - a little sore from my training yesterday laugh.gif but hey, no pain, no gain tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 6 2012, 10:56 PM
Hi Coosmin
Tomorrow, likely, I can touch my guitar. I do hope so.
I will not record myself playing up and down the pentatonic scale, I wil spare you from that, but will practice Ivan's lessons. Regarding the rhythm, I do hope to be able to record my take by the end of the week. However, as I mentioned earlier I cannot record the backing track, will it be fine?

Take care
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2012, 12:30 PM
Instructor
Hey Carmine, this sounds good and I wanted to suggest that when you record, you can play against a metronome so that you may have a solid rhythmic base to back your take up. What do you think?

Cosmin

PS: I would also like to see you playing the pentatonic scale smile.gif with the metronome if possible wink.gif

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 12 2012, 08:17 PM
Cosmin
Before i have been busy with my job all the week then the flu knock me down.....
My guitar is getting full of dust

Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2012, 10:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 12 2012, 07:17 PM) *
Cosmin
Before i have been busy with my job all the week then the flu knock me down.....
My guitar is getting full of dust

Carmine

Take care of yourself, get back on your feet and dust it off Carmine smile.gif I'll be here when you are ready!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 15 2012, 03:32 PM
Cosmin
I will try to record my take at the pentatonic scale. Ho can I do? Post the video on you tube and then send you the link? Please remember that you will ear only my guitar, since I am not able to record the backing track (or the metronome) at the same moment even if I am using it.

So my assignment was the pentatonic and bear rose rhythm, can we add a "fun" lesson like one in the style of or something similar?

I hope I will post the video tonight.

Regards
carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2012, 06:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 15 2012, 02:32 PM) *
Cosmin
I will try to record my take at the pentatonic scale. Ho can I do? Post the video on you tube and then send you the link? Please remember that you will ear only my guitar, since I am not able to record the backing track (or the metronome) at the same moment even if I am using it.

So my assignment was the pentatonic and bear rose rhythm, can we add a "fun" lesson like one in the style of or something similar?

I hope I will post the video tonight.

Regards
carmine

Hey Carmine, if you are recording with the camera, I am certain that it will be able to record the metronome sound as well smile.gif how are you planning to record? If you need some assistance with that, I can help out wink.gif

About the 'fun' lesson - I remember you were tackling one in the style of David Gilmour? Is that suitable or, should we try something else?

take care and let me know

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 15 2012, 06:33 PM
Yes Cosmin
I will go for the Pink Floyd, forgot abou that (too many lessons here!).
Regarding the backing track/meronome, I can't record the "dry sound" i will go throgh the amp simulated in my pod. I read and was suggested many solutions but I have already little time and do not wan to waste more just to record. Is it a problem if the backing will not be recorded?

As usual thanks a lot for your help

Carmine

PS and now my son is unwell! Hope to have time to play tonight

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: Mar 15 2012, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 15 2012, 11:00 PM
Cosmin
Finally I did a video of the minor pentatonic scale, 90 bpm, 8th notes. I have chosen the key of G, nice run of the pentatonic and the same key of Shine you Crazy Diamonds.
I do not know how to add the video here, like I saw in other posts, anyway this is the link. Please keep in mind
1) I am a bit (well, a bit too much) tense with the camera on
2) playing the scale is very boring ( happy.gif )

Anyway, wait for your comments: http://youtu.be/UP73cOsTot0

Regards
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2012, 11:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 15 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Cosmin
Finally I did a video of the minor pentatonic scale, 90 bpm, 8th notes. I have chosen the key of G, nice run of the pentatonic and the same key of Shine you Crazy Diamonds.
I do not know how to add the video here, like I saw in other posts, anyway this is the link. Please keep in mind
1) I am a bit (well, a bit too much) tense with the camera on
2) playing the scale is very boring ( happy.gif )

Anyway, wait for your comments: http://youtu.be/UP73cOsTot0

Regards
Carmine

Hey Carmine! It sounds like you are ok with the timing out of what I can figure out without having the metronome, but it would be great if you could record against a clicktrack or metronome, as it's pretty difficult to have a critical ear without having the metronome at hand smile.gif

Hmmmm, I was thinking that this lesson would be much more fun to learn and play as well! It has some music into it so it's not boring wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ntatonic-Scale/

what do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 16 2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks Cosmin
I would say that I know my pentatonic scale, now is time I will make a bit of music out of it.
Anyway I will continue to follow your suggestions and will keep recording, I will try to add the backing as well.

Regards
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2012, 10:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 16 2012, 03:05 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin
I would say that I know my pentatonic scale, now is time I will make a bit of music out of it.
Anyway I will continue to follow your suggestions and will keep recording, I will try to add the backing as well.

Regards
Carmine

Hey Carmine smile.gif the lesson I suggested is exactly the first step in using the pentatonic scale for creating simple melodies, but nonetheless - musically oriented wink.gif I think it's the natural way to improve your playing in the pentatonic direction

Let me know how it goes and have an awesome weekend biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 22 2012, 11:15 AM
Hi Cosmin
I am really struggling to follow the lessons. Too many things to do no room for guitar. From time to time I can pick up a lesson and play it but I don't have the chance to follow a lesson plan.
I am still here at GMC so we will catch in the forum or, even better, in the chat.

Thanks so much, I was a very bad student!

Carmine

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: Mar 22 2012, 11:15 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2012, 09:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 22 2012, 10:15 AM) *
Hi Cosmin
I am really struggling to follow the lessons. Too many things to do no room for guitar. From time to time I can pick up a lesson and play it but I don't have the chance to follow a lesson plan.
I am still here at GMC so we will catch in the forum or, even better, in the chat.

Thanks so much, I was a very bad student!

Carmine

Hey Carmine,

no problem man, I am glad if I could help out smile.gif if you need me, I'm here

see you around

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 26 2012, 11:29 AM
I am back!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 11:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 26 2012, 10:29 AM) *
I am back!

Awesome mate smile.gif what is new with your practicing? Care to share some thoughts? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Mar 26 2012, 11:44 AM
You know happy.gif , pentatonic from Ivan and rhythm from Bear Rose. You know who assign me these lessons, don't you? wink.gif

Carmine

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:46 AM