2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Where Do You Put Your Ideas ?, Do you write it down/ guitarpro ?
snackajacks
Jan 2 2012, 01:52 PM
GMC:er
I was wondering what you guys use to remember licks you made up, do you try to remember them ,
put it in guitarpro or just write it down ?

Happy Newyear

Marc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jan 2 2012, 02:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Good question smile.gif

Before I used to write tabs of my ideas in Guitar Pro and that was probably the best approach. Nowadays I'm a bit more lazy and I just record myself playing it in Guitar Rig and rely on that. If there's no computer nearby, I write the tab down on paper. When there's no guitar nor computer and I have a melody in my head, I take my cell phone and humm it to my recorder biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 2 2012, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Interesting and very practical question: during my workout Sonar is open all the time, so every idea that sounds interesting can be captured instantly !

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 2 2012, 03:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
I am recording it smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 2 2012, 03:30 PM
Tone Seeker
I used to write riffs down in tabs but I couldn't allways remember the tempo wink.gif
Now I record ideas in iPhone or just create reaper file.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jan 2 2012, 03:31 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 2 2012, 03:53 PM
Learning Roadie
I just record it inside Reaper.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2012, 04:08 PM
Instructor
I record it! If it's possible I record the ideo in Nuendo, if not in my phone...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Zeventh
Jan 2 2012, 04:12 PM
I usually record it wink.gif .. or practice it so much that I still remember it the day I need to pick it up again

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 2 2012, 06:46 PM
thnks guys, tomorrow my ux2 will arrive so that will come in handy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 2 2012, 07:36 PM
Instructor
I have an iPhone app and little plug so it's easy to record a little melody when I'm on the road or just don't have an access to my studio

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
Jan 2 2012, 08:18 PM
Learning Roadie
I mostly writes my tabs down in the standard program on all windows pc's called Notebook (i think its what it is called in english) and otherwise i record it (;

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 2 2012, 09:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 2 2012, 03:18 PM) *
Interesting and very practical question: during my workout Sonar is open all the time, so every idea that sounds interesting can be captured instantly !

I'm doing the same.

I used to record my ideas with metronome. But that meant, setting up the tempo, click and stuff

Nowadays I record with no metronome and I try to stay in time. It's more spontaneous, and afterwards, I re-record the ideas I like with the metronome.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 2 2012, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (PeteLucifersAngels @ Jan 2 2012, 08:18 PM) *
I mostly writes my tabs down in the standard program on all windows pc's called Notebook (i think its what it is called in english) and otherwise i record it (;

you mean notepad ? ( it's kladblok in dutch )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 2 2012, 11:47 PM
Instructor
Voice recorder when somewhere out, or Cubase @ home smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 2 2012, 11:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Usually record it in audio on my iPod via Evernote software so that I have the recording available on all platforms. If I have more time, I use the DAW .

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2012, 08:16 AM
Instructor
It's curious to discover that recording is replacing music notation... at least for composing. (and for us)

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2012, 10:40 PM
Instructor
I always record my ideas so that i may not forget them smile.gif usually in the Logic DAW or in my phone, by using my voice if I am on the street biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 5 2012, 04:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I record them as quickly as possible. But since I just discovered some old ideas I had forgotten about and had to figure the licks out again by ear I will write things down from now on as well wink.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Jan 6 2012, 09:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I usually tab it out in guitar pro, but when im not at home, i end up humming a riff or whatever to my cell phone tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 6 2012, 09:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'll record it on my iPhone. Prior to that, I purchased a digital voice-recorder and have a special project in Cubase I use to import all the ideas onto tracks so I can revisit them later. Problem I have is I have so many of them, everything from lyrics, licks, chord progressions, intro ideas, etc. that hunting them down later is often a problem. I'll sometimes get side tracked when searching for an idea with something I had put down a year prior and never get to what I was looking for biggrin.gif

As for lyrics - I always keep a notepad nearby. I've filled a few with song lyrics over the years -one day I'll actually finish a song!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:47 AM