3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Old Video Games You Remember/play Still Now, Games from 90s-early 2000s
Yash
Jul 13 2012, 05:38 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, since I almost cut some skin of little finger playing guitar yesterday, I started playing video games after a long time biggrin.gif

And I remembered my childhood days, when I used to play video games all day long, on a system like NES(we used to call it simply, Video Game tongue.gif ), my PC, and more recently, my PS2. I remembered and played some classic games I used to, like Battle City, Contra, Mario and Unreal Tournament, and now, I am looking to get Wolfenstein 3D working on Windows, it was THE first game I played, as far as I can remember biggrin.gif I played it a few years back, and it thrilled me as much as it used to when I was just a 5 year old laugh.gif smile.gif Especially when those blue colored "Hoontas" come out, I got scared ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ?

So, what were your old video games you played, back in the day smile.gif ? Did you also play Wolfenstein wink.gif ??? What was the first one you played ?
Which game thrills you the most and sends chills, up and down your spine wink.gif ???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 13 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
Old video games ?? Now we're talking ! biggrin.gif

For me it started with a console called Master System II, which was like the poor relative to the Mega Drive. Typical games were Sonic, Alex Kidd (anybody remember THAT music ?)..

Eventually I got a Mega Drive (woo hoo!) and it was games like Road Rash, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe..

Playstation, then it was stuff like Doom, Tomb Raider, Tekken 2, Medal of Honour & an underrated classic - Nightmare Creatures !!

PS2.. man, where do I start ? Medal of Honour Frontline, Manhunt, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Hitman series etc, Silent Hill..

Probably one of the biggest and hardest games must be Shadowman for the Playstation. The graphics and gameplay mechanics were terrible but the story and atmosphere were excellent. Now if only they would do a remake..... smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 13 2012, 06:06 PM

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 13 2012, 06:26 PM
Wow. Now we're really talkin', although, I don't know many of the games that you mentioned, but I used to play a lot of Roadrash on my computer, I never had a Playstation, but only a PS2, which I got in 2008 I suppose biggrin.gif I played a lot of it.

Stuf like WWE Smackdown vs Raw series, 2007, 08, 09, 10 and 11 biggrin.gif Then I have Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, and God of War I and II biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I love playing God of War. The story, the music (so classic biggrin.gif ), the gameplay, the BLOOD etc etc. I could go on and on biggrin.gif

I'd buy a PS3 soon, but only after I get a guitar, an amp and an effects unit and some more guitar stuff biggrin.gif

Edit: I just played Wolf 3D again, and, even after turning almost 18, I still got scared tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif when I got killed tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jul 13 2012, 06:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 13 2012, 06:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 13 2012, 06:26 PM) *
Edit: I just played Wolf 3D again, and, even after turning almost 18, I still got scared tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif when I got killed tongue.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot to say.. I've got Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the PS2.. that's a great game ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 13 2012, 06:44 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 13 2012, 06:41 PM) *
Oh yeah, I forgot to say.. I've got Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the PS2.. that's a great game ! biggrin.gif

damn you Ben xD i was about to mention RoC Wolfenstein! i just beat the game for the first time like 15 min ago ._.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 13 2012, 06:45 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 13 2012, 11:11 PM) *

So, do you still get the same feeling ?? You know, getting scared a bit, adrenaline surge smile.gif ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 13 2012, 06:55 PM
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 13 2012, 06:45 PM) *
So, do you still get the same feeling ?? You know, getting scared a bit, adrenaline surge smile.gif ?

Dude ._. when i was like 12 y'old, my cousin forced me to play Doom III in the room in complete darkness ._., i ...**** myself (not literally tongue.gif)

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 13 2012, 07:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I still play classic RPG's really often. I kind of feel like a hipster because Even now I still go to special places and buy old games to play. In Southern California we have this place called Frank N Sons. Honestly, it is the only place that I will miss when I leave California again. It is the Mecca for nerds. Imagine Comic-Con taking place twice a week and everything inside is for sale. That is Frank N Sons(Oh yeah, I am going to Comic-Con next weekend!). If you want any kind of collectible, whether it's: Posters, Pictures, Movies, Anime, Videogames, Sports Memorabilia, Cards, Disney, etc. You name it, it is all there. It is my number one destination for comic books! It is HUGE!

"Welcome to Frank & Son’s Collectible Show! We feature over 250 of the Finest Collectible Dealers under one roof spanning over 60,000 square feet!"

-Advertisement

Anyway, the old games I still find myself playing are RPG's that not a lot of people have heard of, but are VERY good.

Sould Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia(all four games), Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Golden Sun, etc.

I just have more fun with games like this. Newer shooters are a lot of fun, but I grew weary of all the CoD clones. They bore me to tears.

Occasionally I will play newer games. battlefield 3 happens to be my favourite release this year. Is anyone else having trouble waiting for the release of 'The Last Of Us'? I want that game SOOOO badly. The animation is so amazing you see people's faces break in different directions throughout the game. Not to mention, the sound is absolutely amazing! They utilised real life acoustics for all their settings. There is one scene where the main characters enter what looks like a hotel lobby and depending on where they are in the room and on the staircase, you can hear the birds as if it was real life(in reference to their position in the room)! smile.gif

WARNING: REALLY VIOLENT A LOT OF... FOUL LANGUAGE.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 13 2012, 07:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 13 2012, 07:28 PM) *

That looks incredible !! Damn I need a PS3 !!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 13 2012, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 13 2012, 06:41 PM) *
That looks incredible !! Damn I need a PS3 !!

I should kind of feel like an ass, because I bought one for this game alone. unsure.gif

Although, Band of Brothers and The Pacific are AMAZING on Blu-Ray.

I bought Battlefield 3 for it, and I got a copy of Fallout 3 for it(I think Bethesda games "feel" perfect on a PS3). So I am not wasting my money for just one game. Kind of.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 13 2012, 08:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 13 2012, 07:45 PM) *
I should kind of feel like an ass, because I bought one for this game alone. unsure.gif

Hell no ! I'd buy it just for that ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 13 2012, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 13 2012, 07:07 PM) *
Hell no ! I'd buy it just for that ! biggrin.gif

I love the real time inventory! That for me was a huge selling point. The more realistic the better!

Still. That molotov... That was just brutal.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
SCProphet
Jul 13 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm gonna replay Final Fantasy X this vacation , one of my favorite games of all times tongue.gif

--------------------
- First Sweep , Then Sleep -

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 13 2012, 09:17 PM
QUOTE (SCProphet @ Jul 13 2012, 08:08 PM) *
I'm gonna replay Final Fantasy X this vacation , one of my favorite games of all times tongue.gif

I remember when I got it for Christmas all those years ago. I think I maxed out the game time because I played Blitzball WAY TOO MUCH. I just think that the idea of rugby taking place in heavywater is the coolest thing ever. It adds a third dimension to an amazingly fun sport.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 13 2012, 09:29 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Resident Evil !!! All the way smile.gif
I play Resident Evil with headphones on full volume, all lights off at complete darkness. It is even better if there are thunderstorms outside ohmy.gif blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 13 2012, 10:21 PM
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 13 2012, 09:29 PM) *
Resident Evil !!! All the way smile.gif
I play Resident Evil with headphones on full volume, all lights off at complete darkness. It is even better if there are thunderstorms outside ohmy.gif blink.gif

man, i miss playing a good scary game, i hate that "scary" but at the same time i love it tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 13 2012, 11:50 PM
Old school gaming is awesome!

Me and my friend meet up once a week and game, we go get some food come back and just rock out.

So far the list of games beat are. Final Fantasy 1&7 , Contra 1 & 2 , and Castlevania 2. We have been working on Ghost N Goblins, we are going to start either Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link or Zelda: Links Awakening. I am also playing Chrono Trigger on my phone in my spare time as well.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 14 2012, 12:06 AM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 13 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Old school gaming is awesome!

Me and my friend meet up once a week and game, we go get some food come back and just rock out.

So far the list of games beat are. Final Fantasy 1&7 , Contra 1 & 2 , and Castlevania 2. We have been working on Ghost N Goblins, we are going to start either Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link or Zelda: Links Awakening. I am also playing Chrono Trigger on my phone in my spare time as well.

I just got my hands on a copy of Chrono Trigger a couple weeks ago. It is a pretty great game. The soundtrack is really awesome!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 14 2012, 12:24 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 13 2012, 07:06 PM) *
I just got my hands on a copy of Chrono Trigger a couple weeks ago. It is a pretty great game. The soundtrack is really awesome!

I love old school RPGs, my list is Chrono Trigger, FF2 (FF4 - Japan) , FF3 (FF6 - Japan) , Grandia II, and Lunar the Silver Star Story Complete, are my childhood to a T. I use to have a hard time listening to video game music from those games till they ended up remaking them and it was the best feeling revisiting my childhood memories. The song that I remember the most was always Wind's Nocturne from LSSSC. Just such an amazing song. I actually have been listening to more music like Powerglove and Daniel Tidwell since they play video game music with a metal twist.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2012, 01:35 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Final Fantasy VII and And The Legend Of The Dragoon.

Could recite the dialogue for you before it even appears on screen cool.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:52 PM