2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ivan's Instructor Week Collaboration!, SIGN UP AND DISCUSS THREAD! :)
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, welcome to another collaboration from me! smile.gif

It's been a while since I've done collabs, and last couple of collabs were a bit limited, cause I had small number of slots available due to long time needed to record video comments, so this time we are back with the good old method of writing text comments (I like writing those! biggrin.gif ). I wanna see how this method will work out, so here are the basics of this collaboration:

- Choose one of your favorite blues artist (it doesn't have to be a straight blues artist, but also a guitar player who is influenced by blues, for example you can put anyone from Chuck Berry, to Joe Satriani if you want, as long as it has blues influence and bluesy licks, and you can identify yourself with that player)
- Pick one of the backing tracks that I've uploaded for your lead playing (if you don't want to use existing backing tracks, you are free to compose/use any other track that you think will suit your style in this collab)
- Record audio only or video+audio - it's all up to you (this collab is made with a flexible concept in mind, so you can make audio if you don't want to hassle with video. I will comment every take with equal attention to details regardless what you send me)

Collab deadline: 28th of April (Tuesday) (will stretch it if needed)
Number of slots available for sign up: 20

This collab should help you develop a skill to instantly recognize what are the strong points in some great player's style and to adopt them fast if needed. This is a very useful skill, cause you can comment good players with an experienced kind of view of a true musician. Try it, and you will see what I mean. Spotting strong points of one player may seem easy, but only through a bit of analysis of other player's playing we can really reveal the secrets behind their success (and later comment on that with other musicians, proving that we know our stuff cool.gif )

Signed up participants so far:

1. Tolek
2. Jesse
3. Sensible Jones
4. JVM
5. berko
6. sted
7. andarr
8. kaznie_NL
9. enforcer
10. Rated Htr
11. Kjutte
12. Ajmurrell
13. USAMAN
14. Bluenote

Here are the backings ( these are picked from my previous lessons - have fun! smile.gif )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 28 2009, 01:09 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_Backing_1___110bpm_Key_of_E.mp3 ( 580.53K ) Number of downloads: 313
Attached File  Blues_Backing_2___70bpm_Key_of_G.mp3 ( 898.08K ) Number of downloads: 241
Attached File  Blues_Backing_3___130bpm_Key_of_B.mp3 ( 405.84K ) Number of downloads: 229
Attached File  Blues_Backing_4___120bpm_Key_of_E.mp3 ( 438.49K ) Number of downloads: 240
Attached File  Blues_Backing_5___70bpm_Key_of_Fsharp.mp3 ( 751.15K ) Number of downloads: 204
Attached File  Blues_Backing_6___60bpm_Key_of_D.mp3 ( 709.1K ) Number of downloads: 228
Attached File  Blues_Backing_7___70bpm_Key_of_Asharp.mp3 ( 804.62K ) Number of downloads: 236
Attached File  Blues_Backing_8___50bpm_Key_of_Bm.mp3 ( 825.84K ) Number of downloads: 239
Attached File  Blues_Backing_9___130bpm_Key_of_E.mp3 ( 945.84K ) Number of downloads: 251

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 18 2009, 02:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´m in! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Signed up! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 18 2009, 03:03 PM
GMC:er
Im in!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 18 2009, 03:42 PM
I'll definitely do something!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 18 2009, 04:00 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm in!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 04:05 PM
Instructor
You're in guys! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 18 2009, 04:11 PM
I'm definitely in for this one! biggrin.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 18 2009, 04:13 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm going to go for Paul Kossoff from Free. Hopefully won't be too hard a style for me to analyze and emulate, the theory "chops" could use the practice!

This post has been edited by JVM: Apr 18 2009, 04:41 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Apr 18 2009, 05:11 PM) *
I'm definitely in for this one! biggrin.gif

You're in my friend! smile.gif

QUOTE (JVM @ Apr 18 2009, 05:13 PM) *
I'm going to go for Paul Kossoff from Free. Hopefully won't be too hard a style for me to analyze and emulate, the theory "chops" could use the practice!

We will discuss theory as we go along, I'll try to explain the best way I can if needed smile.gif Great choice! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 18 2009, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
im in!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 05:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sted @ Apr 18 2009, 06:09 PM) *
im in!!

Noted! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
andarr
Apr 18 2009, 10:47 PM
I'm interested, but never done one before. are there any requirements? would Carlos Santana be ok?

This post has been edited by andarr: Apr 18 2009, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Absolutely! Are you up for it mate? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
andarr
Apr 19 2009, 12:02 AM
sure sign me up!

This post has been edited by andarr: Apr 19 2009, 12:07 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2009, 01:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (andarr @ Apr 19 2009, 01:02 AM) *
sure sign me up!

You're in! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 19 2009, 08:37 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in tongue.gif I'm not sure what BT to use, but you'll find out wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
enforcer
Apr 19 2009, 11:44 AM
I want in! biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2009, 01:47 PM
Instructor
You're in guys ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 19 2009, 04:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not sure if this is the upload thread as well but I guess it can be moved!

I have based my takes on the playing of Gary Moore, for me Gary has two main stays of music he always falls back on, rip snorting fast blues bordering on rock with an upbeat feeling and slow ballad like tunes, my takes fall into the second category.

The Takes

I have used Ivan's Bm slow backing, this is the ideal material for emulating Garys work as it has that really slow almost depressing quality! Gary relies heavily on minor blues pentatonics (Dont we all!) and natural minor scales which are the two scales I have used in these takes, his style also incorporates a lot of power bends again which I have tried to pick up on, (there is a tone and a half bend in there somewhere, ow!) he also has a habit of mixing slow quarter notes with instant fast sixteenth hits to build a sense of crescendo to the solo, always a good thing to do!

The Tone

Gary is famous for using Les Pauls and Marshall amps which complements his power playing style very well, nuances arent really part of Garys playing! I have used my LP and Marshall JCM emulation with no other effects, I used both pickups which I beleive Gary does a lot too.

Thats my short analysis, dont know if thats what you were after Ivan but someone had to be first!! smile.gif

Attached File  blues_collab_GM1.mp3 ( 721.22K ) Number of downloads: 191

Attached File  blues_collab_GM2.mp3 ( 727.75K ) Number of downloads: 180

Attached File  blues_collab_GM3.mp3 ( 720.41K ) Number of downloads: 196

Dont ask me why there are three takes, I guess I just love the blues!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:01 AM