> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2012, 12:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 16 2012, 11:23 AM) *
phew, man.. this take is the chunkiest i have smile.gif
I've tried several positions, until it got too 'muddy', hope this take is OK..

Id' like to have a new lesson suggestion biggrin.gif

That's it my friend!!! Awesome - exactly what I was talking about wink.gif Let's see, would you like a rhythm lesson or a lead one this time?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 16 2012, 02:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's something you as my mentor must say smile.gif
If you say my rhythm playing is good enough to move to lead, then let's go...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2012, 10:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 16 2012, 01:21 PM) *
That's something you as my mentor must say smile.gif
If you say my rhythm playing is good enough to move to lead, then let's go...

Rhythm and lead should go hand in hand - honestly speaking, you a re a very good rhythm player smile.gif you are clean and you have good timing, also, attitude is starting to take form so when this will be at its peak, alongside with improving your technique, you're probably going to be nothing short from AWESOME biggrin.gif

Now, I say this one would be very nice:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/combin...hythm-and-lead/

it involves a concept which is crucial in any situation - combining lead and rhythm wink.gif take a peak and let's rock!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 17 2012, 10:31 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 17 2012, 08:46 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks man! The next one is really tough, this will need some time.. but: I'll log my progress accurately and post a report in your 'how fast are you' -topic this time!

This post has been edited by mad: Mar 17 2012, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2012, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 17 2012, 07:46 PM) *
Thanks man! The next one is really tough, this will need some time.. but: I'll log my progress accurately and post a report in your 'how fast are you' -topic this time!

This sounds like a very, very good plan mate! I am here and waiting - our progress is going very good so far! biggrin.gif Congratulations once again!

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 19 2012, 10:15 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Good Morning!
I uploaded another take into the REC for Marcus' lesson yesterday to get some more feedback on that.
Just wanted to say, that I continue working on that lesson, until I record a better take..
Then I have to record 2 takes for Ben's guitar bushido ;P . Will start the new Rhythm/Lead lesson afterwards!

Edit: Just realized I played one part wrong the whole time (Video Nr. 5, I played octaves instead of power chords)!

This post has been edited by mad: Mar 19 2012, 10:31 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2012, 11:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 19 2012, 09:15 AM) *
Good Morning!
I uploaded another take into the REC for Marcus' lesson yesterday to get some more feedback on that.
Just wanted to say, that I continue working on that lesson, until I record a better take..
Then I have to record 2 takes for Ben's guitar bushido ;P . Will start the new Rhythm/Lead lesson afterwards!

Edit: Just realized I played one part wrong the whole time (Video Nr. 5, I played octaves instead of power chords)!

Hey man, just checked it out - for the REC, yeah, you missed a point I guess (could've been a 9 tongue.gif) because you jumbled the part with octaves but the take is good - you have the groove which is the MOST important aspect. Work on the details a bit more, to get them in shape. At 0.29 you are not quite in sync with the drums, so this is the sort of stuff which you have to correct. Shall we put in another coin on this one? tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 26 2012, 08:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still practicing the funk lesson and marcus' rhythm lesson, will upload the takes soon!

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 26 2012, 10:34 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here's another take for the rhythm:

Do you think it'll get a better grade than the last one?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2012, 06:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 26 2012, 09:34 PM) *
OK, here's another take for the rhythm:

Do you think it'll get a better grade than the last one?

Hey man! Nice take! Technically, it's better than the previous one by far! But at the end you can here the guitar is a bit out of tune sad.gif I would suggest you to tackle a new one, as it would freshen you up! biggrin.gif what do you say?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 28 2012, 07:23 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
ok - just preparing a new one.. if i make 10002 takes, at one point i don't recognize a slightly detuned guitar anymore huh.gif ....

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 28 2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 28 2012, 06:23 AM) *
ok - just preparing a new one.. if i make 10002 takes, at one point i don't recognize a slightly detuned guitar anymore huh.gif ....

Yeah man, I totally understan smile.gif that's why you have to alternate things so that you may cleanse your hearing wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 28 2012, 08:31 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
mh.. every take today is getting more worse than the one before ohmy.gif

i switched to the funk lesson to bring up some variation - will try again later....
here is a first take with some altering rhythm at the end:

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/funkyrhythmtest/s-HYCgF

some muting issues here and there, but I think I'm getting close to have a feel for the funky rhythm....

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 29 2012, 10:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I won't get any better like this sad.gif
between all takes I checked the tuning and it was fine..

dunno if this is getting better than 8 for REC...
what do you think about that 'funky' take?
I think I'll now start with the wallimann-lesson..
And instead of funk I'd like to switch to your metal metrics series - what do think about that and with which one I could start? Btw: I love your Katatonia-style lesson!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 31 2012, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 29 2012, 09:43 AM) *
I won't get any better like this sad.gif
between all takes I checked the tuning and it was fine..

dunno if this is getting better than 8 for REC...
what do you think about that 'funky' take?
I think I'll now start with the wallimann-lesson..
And instead of funk I'd like to switch to your metal metrics series - what do think about that and with which one I could start? Btw: I love your Katatonia-style lesson!

Hey mad!

congrats on a very good take on the basic metal rhythm! It sounds incredibly chunky and aside from a few spots where you rushed it a bit, I have no observations biggrin.gif the funky take is very good as well, sounds tight and with good timing. Now, to develop skills in this area a bit further, you could try different other lessons after the walimann lesson is completed. As with regarding the Metal Metrics series, I would start with no. 4 as it;s the easiest of them and if played right, it can sound as massive as a mountain!

You can play in drop D if you want tongue.gif

Let's see a recording and discuss on it wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Apr 3 2012, 04:37 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cos!

Thank you for your feedback! I already had a take on the metal metrics 4, but it wasn't that good (well, got a pass, but I wasn't satisfied).. I'm going to discuss a new take with you asap - to get that 'massive as a mountain'-sound ;P

Regarding the Wallimann-lesson.. I struggle with every lick between the rhythm parts mellow.gif just need some more time to get a descent take.. maybe I post a little progress containing the first 2 or 3 licks just for you to check, ok?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 4 2012, 10:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Apr 3 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Hi Cos!

Thank you for your feedback! I already had a take on the metal metrics 4, but it wasn't that good (well, got a pass, but I wasn't satisfied).. I'm going to discuss a new take with you asap - to get that 'massive as a mountain'-sound ;P

Regarding the Wallimann-lesson.. I struggle with every lick between the rhythm parts mellow.gif just need some more time to get a descent take.. maybe I post a little progress containing the first 2 or 3 licks just for you to check, ok?

Hey mate, sure, post it on bits as we can work on it one part at a time smile.gif no problemmo!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
May 10 2012, 03:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,

sorry, didn't have that much time to pick up my guitar in the last weeks..
But I just started again with your metal metrics series, and here is my 5th take for nr. 4 wink.gif

I'll post one for nr. 6 in the next few days.. I'm struggling with the arpeggios unsure.gif but the rhythm section is recorded biggrin.gif

And the first licks in that Wallimann-Lesson are on the way!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 11 2012, 09:33 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Welcome back wink.gif your timing is very good but I think we have to focus a bit more on the articulation, k? The bends are a bit under the tone, you should also focus on the vibrato - it has to be wider and you could get awesome results if you would put your wrist to work wink.gif are you accustomed to this concept?

Let's develop this smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
May 11 2012, 09:42 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I think I'm hopping into the Bushido Temple again to accomplish the current Apprentice Task biggrin.gif
After doing a take on this one, I'll come back with another take for MM4..

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:14 AM