Muris Mentoring - Uncleskillet, CLOSED
Muris Varajic
Apr 20 2009, 01:05 PM
Instructor
Progress is great, glad to hear Jeff!!

Don't worry about time issue, happens to all of us,
post whatever you can, everything will work just fine. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 24 2009, 02:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Muris, sorry for not posting in a while. You know I didn't forget about this but had other things going on. smile.gif

I will get back to the lesson plain soon (after I get the skin on my finger tips tuff gain). tongue.gif laugh.gif

I wanted to work on this so here is where I'm at after a few hours. I have an idea on what needs improvement but would like your thoughts if you have a minute. Licks need cleaned up for sure. This is as close as I could get to a good Tube sound with the Line 6 UX1 and a Strat. I find myself with these stock pickups (Low output, stock) playing (picking) harder then I should and my right hand gets tight (not relaxed like it should). The Notes don't come off clean and articulate. I'm not a Pro yet and not sure if I will ever be. But I'm having fun. cool.gif

Thanks for your comments and Cheers,

Skillet

Attached File  Alway_with_Me__Sound_Check_CBR_Joint_.mp3 ( 2.65MB ) Number of downloads: 29

EDIT: Ok Muris, Steve and Monte where picking on me about the mix and my cheap guitar biggrin.gif I'm going to tell there families tomorrow, but for now here is another mix according to there advice.

Attached File  Alway_with_Me__Sound_Check_CBR_Joint_2_.mp3 ( 2.65MB ) Number of downloads: 24

Attached File  Alway_with_Me__Sound_Check_CBR_Joint_3_.mp3 ( 2.65MB ) Number of downloads: 25

Sorry to get you in the middle of this mess but they will pay big when I'm done tongue.gif laugh.gif mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 24 2009, 05:59 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 24 2009, 01:14 PM
Instructor
Hey Jeff, great to hear from you in MTP, it's been a while indeed! smile.gif

Good job with this Satch's tune,
you really have a nice feel for it and tone was sweet as well,
perhaps those low output stock pickups are causing you troubles for picking
but from what I hear it blend the backing very nicely!

Now, there are some sloppy parts, mainly faster legato runs.
They are sloppy but not because of your bad technique,
it's pretty only only because you still haven't figured out HOW to play those licks,
what's picked and what's legato.
Break those licks down, play them very slowly and track down every single note,
you seem to picked few notes eventho you had played them with legato already,
no need for that, that makes them to sound sloppy, nothing else.

Good work indeed, I like it very much,
do some polishing with those legato licks
and it'll be top notch. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 25 2009, 01:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey thanks Muris for your quick response. I'll clean up those Legato runs and get the rest of the song worked out. I think I'm trying to hard when I play those licks and not letting the notes just happen (I'm picking to much and rushing. I need to let the Legato flow). Your comments are spot on as usual.

My goal when I'm finished with this is to have one thing uploaded to Youtube that I can really be proud of and others may enjoy watching and learning from.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 25 2009, 03:08 AM
Instructor
You're very welcome!!

Keep me updated with new takes on this tune,
we WILL clean it up, no worries. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 4 2009, 03:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Muris my friend, how are you?

I have decided with the new MTP format and the great responses (applications) from all the wonderful GMC students to step back and make my spot available for another student.

I just can’t seem to find the time to really take advantage of this opportunity at this point in my life and your talent needs to be shared. Taking this opportunity away from someone who is ready to work hard and learn isn’t right and it makes me feel bad. I’ll work on changing things and freeing up time (as I have been) but for now there’s someone that can use your great advice and wisdom. Right now I need to focus on being a husband, father and a provider for my family. This is just a fun hobby for me anyway. At some point I would like to come back and I hope you will consider me as a student when that time comes.

You have been very encouraging, helpful and always available when I needed you or had a question. I know what I need to work on for now so I’ll be fine. smile.gif

Thanks for everything,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 4 2009, 12:12 PM
Instructor
Well thank you Jeff, that's very kind. smile.gif

I'm aware of your current situation tho,
you take your time and do what you have to do,
I hope soon enough things will get better and you'll have
more time your playing and enjoying guitar.
It was a pleasure to work with you indeed,
my MTP will hopefully run for a while
and as far as I'm concerned you're ALWAYS welcome!

All the best, stay safe and ofc see you around the forum. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:22 PM