2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Mattrach, one of youtube's "unknown" shredders
mattacuk
Jul 17 2007, 11:02 AM
Lets go fishing!
I like his work, its fun ! smile.gif Its always worth remembering not everyones into super fast shred techniques. Me I like a mix of everything, but i know alot of people just like to here something catchy or just fun! Which is why Cannon Rock is so popular! Im the sorta person who would throw something silly like the starwars theme tune in between a some killer solos! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 18 2007, 02:06 AM
GMC:er
Mattrach does have talent I just dont think hes found "HIS OWN " style yet.

-John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 02:37 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 17 2007, 08:06 PM) *
Mattrach does have talent I just dont think hes found "HIS OWN " style yet.

-John

Man, hes been playing for almost 10 years now. If he hasnt found his own style yet. Then theres a problem!!
I think hes a robot, and it seems like it wont change anytime soon!!

He has great skills, and much better than me, but i listened to a few of his songs. And I didnt hear MattRach, I heard Vai (Not exactly of course)!!

Unless he changes. I dont think hes going to far with guitar (haha it ryhmed). We got one Vai. Trust me. With some of his crazy songs for instance Ya Yo Gakk. Im pretty sure we dont need another guy just like it playing Ba Ga Tee!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 18 2007, 02:55 AM
Well you just said what I was trying to say , In 3 paragraphs. By him not finding his own style and being classified as a robot , isnt that saying the same thing I said ?

When I said Mattrach has not found his own style yet I basically meant he is ( for use of a better word ) a copycat, yes a copycat. A copy cot absorbs what he or she hears and well copies it. Rather then absorbing what he or she hears and making it their own ( the proper war ). Mattrach is a very good guitar player,but ive yet to see something thats REALLY him.

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 03:01 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 17 2007, 08:55 PM) *
Well you just said what I was trying to say , In 3 paragraphs. By him not finding his own style and being classified as a robot , isnt that saying the same thing I said ?

When I said Mattrach has not found his own style yet I basically meant he is ( for use of a better word ) a copycat, yes a copycat. A copy cot absorbs what he or she hears and well copies it. Rather then absorbing what he or she hears and making it their own ( the proper war ). Mattrach is a very good guitar player,but ive yet to see something thats REALLY him.
- John

The robot thing yeah sure i guess. Thats just what i would say. Instead of "He just hasnt found his own style yet". Not being mean or nothing. He has skills, but when he comes out with something that is him. Im sure listen in and give him 2 thumbs up biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 18 2007, 03:09 AM
Yeah well he has come out with stuff on his youtube channel that arent cover songs but they sound very Vai-ish.
Not that thats a bad thing! I could see if he had like 2 or three vids that were very vai influenced , but its more like every video, Come on now laugh.gif .

-John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 03:14 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 17 2007, 09:09 PM) *
Yeah well he has come out with stuff on his youtube channel that arent cover songs but they sound very Vai-ish.
Not that thats a bad thing! I could see if he had like 2 or three vids that were very vai influenced , but its more like every video, Come on now laugh.gif .
-John

I dont know about his jazz song "Front Page" if its influenced by many or not. I dont listen to them, but he really looks at home with Jazz.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BhJSv8zYzPE

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 18 2007, 03:20 AM
Ryan that was really good ! I think he now he is a way better jazz player then shred guitarist.

-John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 03:21 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 17 2007, 09:20 PM) *
Ryan that was really good ! I think he now he is a way better jazz player then shred guitarist.

-John

Him shredding = Vai, him just jazzing it out = MattRach.

biggrin.gif Maybe i cant find more of this on him!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 20 2007, 07:12 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jul 17 2007, 10:14 PM) *
I dont know about his jazz song "Front Page" if its influenced by many or not. I dont listen to them, but he really looks at home with Jazz.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BhJSv8zYzPE

Thats a great video. I like watching the rhythmic feel of his right hand technique. He has good tone for a "shredder". He definitely has a nice sound on this take and I cant hear too many obvious influences.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Jan 11 2010, 07:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I am currently checking a lot of MattRach and I must say I really like his own songs.

Here are two of them :

They are good. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:57 AM