Editing Bookmarks In Ie9
Guitar1969
Feb 29 2012, 01:47 AM
GMC:er
I seem to be having a lot of difficulty manipulating bookmarks in Internet Explorer 9 -editing, creating folders, moving bookmarks to different folders, seem to be hit or miss but usually miss. I am constantly clicking on "compatibility mode" to get it to work - Sometimes it needs to be on, and sometimes off - No consistency.

Anyone else having problems with Microsofts newest browser, or is there any fix someone can recommend. It seems to work way better in Mozilla Firefox, but I would rather have it work in IE

Thanks,
Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Feb 29 2012, 02:07 AM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dark dude
Feb 29 2012, 03:15 AM
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Feb 29 2012, 01:46 AM) *
I am using IE because it is my work computer. I do prefer Firefox in some regards, but IE is still the most widely used browser in the computer world . . .

That's unfortunate sad.gif My guess is that as it's a work computer, it's likely to have additional software installed (to stop workers going on websites they shouldn't be on tongue.gif ) that can often tamper with these things, so it's hard to say. Do you have similar problems on other sites? I'd PM Bogdan Radovic, he might be able to help you out smile.gif

As for IE, that stat doesn't mean much. A lot of companies still cling onto IE as it was preinstalled with their computers (through Microsoft's attempted browser monopoly) and they stuck with it. With IE's global market share dropping regularly, and Chrome's rising regularly, IE won't be up there much longer. I couldn't stand it as it ran relatively slowly :s

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Feb 29 2012, 03:18 AM
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 28 2012, 06:15 PM) *
That's unfortunate sad.gif My guess is that as it's a work computer, it's likely to have additional software installed (to stop workers going on websites they shouldn't be on tongue.gif ) that can often tamper with these things, so it's hard to say. Do you have similar problems on other sites? I'd PM Bogdan Radovic, he might be able to help you out smile.gif

As for IE, that stat doesn't mean much. A lot of companies still cling onto IE as it was preinstalled with their computers (through Microsoft's attempted browser monopoly) and they stuck with it. With IE's global market share dropping regularly, and Chrome's rising regularly, IE won't be up there much longer. I couldn't stand it as it ran relatively slowly :s

It is not tied to this specific computers - It happens on all computers I have tried running - IE9. 3 and counting. I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't change the fact that the bookmarks feature should work on an IE computer.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:36 PM