Axiom Air49 With Logic X., Might get this keyboard any opinions?
dcz702
Jul 21 2015, 08:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Guy selling used for 200. Wanted a 61 key but if this is a deal I'll take it. I'm gonna use it to play midi piano, is 49 keys good enough?
I just set up my new desk to be ready to add a good midi keyboard, my workspace was on a very small desk and was going to just use a workbench like Todd suggested, but at Costco they has this perfect wood table for cheap.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 22 2015, 01:06 AM
Experienced Rock Star
IMHO 49 keys is enough if you're just playing one-handed bass or lead lines. But if you intend to play piano parts with 2 hands, you might find that too limiting. The Air49 is ideal if you're playing notes with one hand and twiddling knobs to vary the sound with the other.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 22 2015, 01:16 AM
GMC:er
I don't recommend friends to buy used midi keyboards, usually people (most being beginners) really bang those keys to write drums or try to get the solo times correct etc. and the keys responses, height and feel degrades very fast.

If you can play the piano (2 hands), try to save and buy something nice which actually feels like a piano. Believe it or not, I have a yamaha clavinova my parents bought me when I was 6!!! (traveled from usa to turkey, changed a few citys here and saw a few stage performances) and still working just fine smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 22 2015, 02:41 AM
Nice!!! That table looks nice and sturdy as well smile.gif The keyboard opens up a whole new world in logic. I'd say pull up the menu for all the instruments on the left (let me know if you need help) and go through each one to get the feel for what tones are in logic.

You will be amazed. Built right in to logic are an amazing amount of VST instruments. In addition, on the right upper side you can show all the built in midi tracks and built in audio tracks that you can drag and drop in the timeline.

For some real fun, make a software instrument, like piano, and use MIDI that was meant for drums. smile.gif Mixing and matching them is great fun smile.gif

Ill make a short demo smile.gif

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jul 21 2015, 03:10 AM) *
Guy selling used for 200. Wanted a 61 key but if this is a deal I'll take it. I'm gonna use it to play midi piano, is 49 keys good enough?
I just set up my new desk to be ready to add a good midi keyboard, my workspace was on a very small desk and was going to just use a workbench like Todd suggested, but at Costco they has this perfect wood table for cheap.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 22 2015, 05:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'm agree with Mertay and I also recommend to not buy used midi keyboards. Anyway I'm definitely not a fan of the used instruments. Not many people treat in a good way their instruments.
About how many keys to have, it really depend what you want to play on it. I have a 76 key and I want to buy an 88 key because I play on it some classical piano stuff.

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jul 23 2015, 02:37 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jul 22 2015, 04:37 AM) *
I'm agree with Mertay and I also recommend to not buy used midi keyboards. Anyway I'm definitely not a fan of the used instruments. Not many people treat in a good way their instruments.
About how many keys to have, it really depend what you want to play on it. I have a 76 key and I want to buy an 88 key because I play on it some classical piano stuff.

i agree about used, im verycarefull on what im buying, i ask lost of questions and always go through the gear and check it out, this is pretty new.
i agree about needing more keys, i want to play piano and learn to play chords and melodies together using as many octaves as i have have on my peice of gear.
also mention about weighted keys, i dont mind as of now about the feel of playing a real piano, i can get by with getting accustomed to the feel of semi weighted keys, and want it to controls all my midi instruments in logic, like todd said.
i think you guys are right, im gonna shell out for the 61 key.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2015, 04:32 AM
I'm all for used gear as it's about half off smile.gif But yeah you gotta be smart about it. If you are careless you will get burned. People who are really new to buying gear or just new to the entire scene should probably just buy new and get a warranty. Once you have been around the block a few times, and know what you are looking at and what questions to ask, you can double the amount of bang for your buck by buying used gear smile.gif

That keyboard is a "shorty" so it's really for bass lines and lead lines. It's not a full size keyboard so it's not designed really for both hands. If you want a cheap but decent keyboard that is a bit longer to let you use both hands at once, I'd say grab a used version of the same unit you have there just longer. You will already be familiar with the controls wink.gif But it may be a bit before your ready so this is a great place to start!

Eventually, once you learn a bit more on keys, you may want to grab that nice 61 weighted key job wink.gif But that's probably a bit further off.

Todd

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jul 22 2015, 09:37 PM) *
i agree about used, im verycarefull on what im buying, i ask lost of questions and always go through the gear and check it out, this is pretty new.
i agree about needing more keys, i want to play piano and learn to play chords and melodies together using as many octaves as i have have on my peice of gear.
also mention about weighted keys, i dont mind as of now about the feel of playing a real piano, i can get by with getting accustomed to the feel of semi weighted keys, and want it to controls all my midi instruments in logic, like todd said.
i think you guys are right, im gonna shell out for the 61 key.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:52 AM