My Bands New Song, Nuclear Fission
The Uncreator
Jan 16 2009, 11:48 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Here is another new song from me and my band, There arent any real specific lyrics right now, So we just dubbed it "Nuclear Fission", Even though are some near-folk style melodies, Let me know what you think, Any comments and or advice is much appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Nuclear_Fission.mp3 ( 6.63MB ) Number of downloads: 200

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 17 2009, 01:15 PM
Jazz Instructor
However played drums for this track is "the man". Drums are really, really fantastic. I also like when guitar and snare are playing in the same time, that tadadaa tadada. Guitar is rhythmically precise which I appreciate a lot.

What I don't like:

Song is really incomplete without the vocal, it SCREAMS for vocal part. It has lot of energy so...my impression when I hit the play buttin was like "Ok.....ok cool.....yeah....yeah....where is the singing?". This song naturally leads to singing part, so....
At the beginning where you have the whistling sound, it's ok basically, but try to adjust the sound properties, there are few unpleasant frequencies.

Keep on the good work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 17 2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah I know, we have studio time for recording vocals, but the studio isnt available for about another month and a half

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 17 2009, 04:35 PM
GMC:er
I like this type of songs very much smile.gif it has the power in it!
I wonder how it will sound with vocals...

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 17 2009, 04:43 PM
All 1st impressions as I listen...

Love the intro!!!! Creepy... Dig it. I loike the folk-ish stuff.

Just kicked in. Awesome. I love the guitar harmonies.

During the verse part. Or what sounds liek the verse to me, I'd like to heard the bass guitar more. Maybe if it came out from behind the guitars a bit. Doesnt sound bad, just a composition idea.

Nice riffs man. I love it.

Yeah, needs the voice though.

Very cool overall.

I'd buy your album.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 17 2009, 04:46 PM
Instructor
I really like it man!
There are some very cool ideas in there and production is pretty good.
It's very tight and a great solid foundation for vox. I can't wait to hear the final mix, please post it!
How did you record this, what interface?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 17 2009, 04:48 PM
great intro... great track:D Really needs vocals!!! Would be awesome,

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 17 2009, 04:59 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 17 2009, 07:43 AM) *
All 1st impressions as I listen...

Love the intro!!!! Creepy... Dig it. I loike the folk-ish stuff.

Just kicked in. Awesome. I love the guitar harmonies.

During the verse part. Or what sounds liek the verse to me, I'd like to heard the bass guitar more. Maybe if it came out from behind the guitars a bit. Doesnt sound bad, just a composition idea.

Nice riffs man. I love it.

Yeah, needs the voice though.

Very cool overall.

I'd buy your album.

We actually don't have a bass player at the moment, So there actually isn't any bass, which makes the song a bit hollow. Im gonna be buying a cheap bass for myself so I can do the bass tracks untill we get a bassist. Thanks for the comments smile.gif

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jan 17 2009, 07:46 AM) *
I really like it man!
There are some very cool ideas in there and production is pretty good.
It's very tight and a great solid foundation for vox. I can't wait to hear the final mix, please post it!
How did you record this, what interface?

I use a Line 6 PODX3 Live going straight into my computer, Recorded straight into Reaper, and I use the POD also as an external EQ interface for balancing out the guitar sounds. Acoustic guitars are straight into my computers soundcard, With some added effects like EQ and a tiny delay added in after the recording in reaper. And the weird sound affects are some analogue synth, Bubble Echo, Buzz wave, and a octave shift mixed in with varying frequencies and volumes.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jan 18 2009, 12:01 AM
Instructor
That was a really cool song smile.gif The composition and arrangement is top notch smile.gif
There's so many neat things you can do with vocals when you have something like this to work with.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 18 2009, 03:51 AM
Once I get the studio time available, Im doing them for all my songs, Ive been wanting to do it for SO long.

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 18 2009, 04:28 AM
Learning Roadie
sounds good.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:43 PM