Amp To Go Along With Pod Xt
graaf33
Aug 16 2007, 04:14 AM
GMC:er
hello everyone. i have an pod xt, by the way i love it, even if i am i the tube amp camp.

i now only use this pod xt with haedphones and through my computer speaker and yes i sound great.

i have heard that it sounds better with an keyboard amp than a guitar amp.

so any suggestion what to buy, and i am on a budget.

thanks for any suggestion

graaf33

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by graaf33: Aug 16 2007, 04:15 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Aug 16 2007, 12:10 PM
My guess is a Roland Solid State amp would work well for that or just sell the Pod and get a Line6 Flextone III (its the same thing but has speakers and a cabinet already attached. wink.gif

Hardtail

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 16 2007, 08:47 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Hardtail @ Aug 16 2007, 07:10 AM) *
My guess is a Roland Solid State amp would work well for that or just sell the Pod and get a Line6 Flextone III (its the same thing but has speakers and a cabinet already attached. wink.gif

Hardtail

For a cheaper option, check out Bheringers keyboard speaker line.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
buttmonk
Sep 6 2007, 03:50 PM
This ties in with another post by Pavel: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=6126

There seem to be a number of camps on what is the "right way" to amplify a pod. These are not necessarily my opinions but it might help to see these 3 ways of looking at it...or it might not:)

1) Pod contains cab and room modelling simulations, therefore u should reproduce the pod signal as accurately as possible without colouring it. Therefore use powered studio monitors which are designed to be neutral and not colour what is input. U can get a fairly decent pair for few hundred eur. This also has the advantage of enabling u to use the stereo effects in the pod.

2) Ignore the pod cab sims and get a good solid state poweramp, either inside a cab or as a seperate poweramp and cab boxes. Again the idea is that the poweramp should amplify as neutrally as possible, it should not add anything to the pod sound except volume of course. http://www.tech21nyc.com/, or keyboard amps like Roland's.

3) "Even tho pod has great tube amp modelling, it is still missing something of that real tube sound." To get a true tube like sound from ur pod u need to use it with a tube poweramp, therefore use this: http://www.atomicamps.com. I can't really see the logic in this 1, since the pod is already supposed to be simulating a tube poweramp, so who knows what u will get when u add the colouration of a real tube amp on top. On the other hand, this could be 1 of those unintentional matches made in heaven. Again since u are adding a cab on the end of the pod u probably will get some colouration from it and it may not be ideal for use with the pods cab sims, or at least they will not be reproduced as Line6 originally intended.

In short, only way to chose between these is to try them out...sad.gif

This post has been edited by buttmonk: Sep 6 2007, 03:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 6 2007, 05:09 PM
if a smaller amp is what you require, i'd check out the roland micro cube. it has a mic channel that (from what i understand) works the same way as a keyboard / pa does.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:30 PM