9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Degroot Guitar Mentoring
DeGroot
Apr 5 2012, 08:00 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 5 2012, 08:32 AM) *
So now when we have a backing track for you the fun part will start!!!
Let's take two pentatonics:
A minor

E minor

So what I want you to do is to create a few licks combining those pentatonics together!
Here is an example:
E |-----------8--5--7--5-------|-----------8--7-------------|----|
B |----------------------------|--------5--------8----------|----|
G |--4--5--7--------------7----|--5--4--------------7-------|----|
D |----------------------------|-----------------------7----|----|
A |----------------------------|----------------------------|----|
E |----------------------------|----------------------------|----|

--------5-----------7-------|--8--7--5-------------------||
-----------8----------------|-----------8--5-------------||
-----7-----------7-----7----|-----------------7--5-------||
--5-----------5-------------|-----------------------5----||
----------------------------|----------------------------||
----------------------------|----------------------------||

Guitar Pro
[attachment=27016:licks.gp5]
Let me know if you have any questions!

hmm, I'm not able to open the file example. I did download the free GP software. If its not too much trouble would it be okay to hear it through sound cloud?

either way, I'm sure I can get the idea for the lesson. Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 6 2012, 07:33 AM
Instructor
Here is another try! smile.gif let me know if you can download it!
Attached File  licks.gp5 ( 1.81K ) Number of downloads: 102

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 7 2012, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 5 2012, 07:00 PM) *
hmm, I'm not able to open the file example. I did download the free GP software. If its not too much trouble would it be okay to hear it through sound cloud?

either way, I'm sure I can get the idea for the lesson. Thanks!

Hi! Just wanted to make sure that you could download the file! Let me know!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 8 2012, 05:54 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 7 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Hi! Just wanted to make sure that you could download the file! Let me know!

Hi Alex, I wasn't able to open the file after I download it. I tried the free trial Guitar Pro 6 as its the only version available. When I try to open it in Safari it just reads "don't have an application to open it". I took some time to try and figure it out but I'm out of ideas.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 8 2012, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 8 2012, 04:54 AM) *
Hi Alex, I wasn't able to open the file after I download it. I tried the free trial Guitar Pro 6 as its the only version available. When I try to open it in Safari it just reads "don't have an application to open it". I took some time to try and figure it out but I'm out of ideas.

I just downloaded the file and it works fine on my end. You have to download it and open it with Guitar Pro should work!
Can you please let me know step by step what you are doing and I will try to help!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 8 2012, 06:14 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 8 2012, 08:29 AM) *
I just downloaded the file and it works fine on my end. You have to download it and open it with Guitar Pro should work!
Can you please let me know step by step what you are doing and I will try to help!

I think it is because I'm using just a trial version for Mac that it won't allow me to use it? It only gives me limited options.

1. downloaded the file
2. opened it with GP6

Nothing happens. It opens into a blank page. I'm only allowed to open sample files that are preset.
I'm guessing the problem is that I don't own the software. I was going to buy it but it is $60.

I've had others look into it too and thats the conclusion we came up with. Maybe I'm missing something obvious!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Apr 8 2012, 06:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 9 2012, 03:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 8 2012, 05:14 PM) *
I think it is because I'm using just a trial version for Mac that it won't allow me to use it? It only gives me limited options.

1. downloaded the file
2. opened it with GP6

Nothing happens. It opens into a blank page. I'm only allowed to open sample files that are preset.
I'm guessing the problem is that I don't own the software. I was going to buy it but it is $60.

I've had others look into it too and thats the conclusion we came up with. Maybe I'm missing something obvious!

Hmmm that's weird! You can't see notes at all? Or just don't have sound?

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 9 2012, 05:27 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 9 2012, 02:47 AM) *
Hmmm that's weird! You can't see notes at all? Or just don't have sound?

Both actually! Well, I bought a GuitarPro app. so its all good now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 9 2012, 04:33 PM
Instructor
Very well I am glad it's working!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 12 2012, 08:42 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hi Alex,

Here are some ideas I came up for the lesson!

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/alex-feather-mentoring-lead-1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 13 2012, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Sounds very very nice! Melodic and smooth! Your timing is a little bit off it sounds like you are slowing down a little bit!
So here is a new backing track for you!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/03-cmaj-to-amaj

It goes from Cmaj to Amaj
So what I want you to do is to combine two pentatonics together:
C major

A major

Plus I want you to start getting use to a whole tone scale

So when A major comes you can also use this

Let me know if you have any questions!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 14 2012, 07:38 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Sounds great, I was playing over your Cmaj to Amaj backing a couple weeks back.

I was looking through a music book earlier this week and came across whole-tone scales. It got me thinking on how or when I would apply whole-tone scales to music, so its interesting to find this here! Is the whole-tone scale something I should use over A Major here in small sections? It seems when I use it for a extended time over A major it sounds odd or maybe it is just the way I am using the scale.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 14 2012, 08:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 14 2012, 06:38 AM) *

I was looking through a music book earlier this week and came across whole-tone scales. It got me thinking on how or when I would apply whole-tone scales to music, so its interesting to find this here! Is the whole-tone scale something I should use over A Major here in small sections? It seems when I use it for a extended time over A major it sounds odd or maybe it is just the way I am using the scale.

You can start from using whole tone scale in the little section! We will keep adding stuff as we go along!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 20 2012, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 14 2012, 06:38 AM) *

Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how your progress is going? Do you have any questions?

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 20 2012, 07:32 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I haven't made a whole lot of progress cause I've been too busy with work this week. I have a couple good ideas going on with the lesson though! Hoping to have this arranged and recorded over the weekend.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 20 2012, 08:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 20 2012, 06:32 PM) *
I haven't made a whole lot of progress cause I've been too busy with work this week. I have a couple good ideas going on with the lesson though! Hoping to have this arranged and recorded over the weekend.

Sounds good! I'm very excited to hear your ideas!!!!!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 23 2012, 03:39 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I was improvising for a while over the track today! Unfortunately I have not been able to practice much lately cause of working long hours. I am still determined to make progress here even if it takes a longer than I'd like!! smile.gif

Well, here is what I have so far. Couple of notes here are "off" sounding as I was improvising mostly after the 30 second mark. Figured I'd post something even if it isn't perfect yet. I tried working with the whole tone scale but had some trouble finding a way to fit it in naturally.

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/cmaj-to-amaj

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 23 2012, 04:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 23 2012, 02:39 AM) *
I was improvising for a while over the track today! Unfortunately I have not been able to practice much lately cause of working long hours. I am still determined to make progress here even if it takes a longer than I'd like!! smile.gif

Well, here is what I have so far. Couple of notes here are "off" sounding as I was improvising mostly after the 30 second mark. Figured I'd post something even if it isn't perfect yet. I tried working with the whole tone scale but had some trouble finding a way to fit it in naturally.

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/cmaj-to-amaj

Sounds very good!!! Some notes were off but I can hear that you are trying to use a lot of scales I asked you to!
Good job!
Now I would like you to start landing on chord tones every time the changes hit!
Try to get 3rd and 7th so you can really accent the changes!
Let me know if you need help or have any questions!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 23 2012, 06:23 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Ok thanks! I will further concentrate on accenting the chord tone changes and also getting all notes in key.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 24 2012, 05:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 23 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Ok thanks! I will further concentrate on accenting the chord tone changes and also getting all notes in key.

Perfect! Let me know if you need help!!! I think in a few days I will make a new assignment for you! And we will add more complicated things to your playing smile.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:44 AM