Guitar Wiki Questions
wylde guitar
Feb 3 2008, 02:53 AM
GMC:er
What's up! I just finished my first guitar wiki article and it's on Eddie Van Halen. I just submitted it with no pictures because I asked how to in the wiki writers rank section but no one answered. So I figured it was fairly lengthy and everything else checked out so I submitted it.

Then, I realized that I could start a topic to ask that and a few other questions;
1. How do you submit pics? (I tried reading the directions, but I don't have a clue what they mean, I'm very technologically impaired)
2. Is it OK that I submitted my first article without the other 4 I will need to eventually become a wiki writer?
3. Can I submit more than 1 pic?
4. Is there a minimum length limit for articles? (Obviously 1 sentence won't work but you understand).

If anyone can answer any of these questions tell me. Rock On GMC!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool.

-Eddie Van Halen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 3 2008, 03:12 AM
QUOTE (wylde guitar @ Feb 2 2008, 07:53 PM) *
What's up! I just finished my first guitar wiki article and it's on Eddie Van Halen. I just submitted it with no pictures because I asked how to in the wiki writers rank section but no one answered. So I figured it was fairly lengthy and everything else checked out so I submitted it.

Then, I realized that I could start a topic to ask that and a few other questions;
1. How do you submit pics? (I tried reading the directions, but I don't have a clue what they mean, I'm very technologically impaired)
2. Is it OK that I submitted my first article without the other 4 I will need to eventually become a wiki writer?
3. Can I submit more than 1 pic?
4. Is there a minimum length limit for articles? (Obviously 1 sentence won't work but you understand).

If anyone can answer any of these questions tell me. Rock On GMC!

to insert images you need to upload them from your computer, at the bottom i think there's a link that says "Upload", try that and upload a picture, you'll get it's Wiki URL, then use that URL in your article with the Attach Image tool

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
wylde guitar
Feb 3 2008, 03:20 AM
how do i get them on my computer? just got copy and paste? (Told you im computer retarded)

--------------------

-Eddie Van Halen

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 3 2008, 03:27 AM
QUOTE (wylde guitar @ Feb 2 2008, 08:20 PM) *
how do i get them on my computer? just got copy and paste? (Told you im computer retarded)

find the image you are looking for and right click on it, choose "Save As..." and choose were to save it. Now when uploading, browse were you saved it and choose it from there

--------------------

+Quote Post
wylde guitar
Feb 3 2008, 04:15 AM
thanks, i'm uploading a pic of the frankenstrat now, do you know if i can get more than one pic on there?

--------------------

-Eddie Van Halen

+Quote Post
wylde guitar
Feb 3 2008, 04:38 AM
YA!!! Eddie Van Halen on Guitar Wiki is up and running, and its pretty much amazing laugh.gif thanks FretDancer

--------------------

-Eddie Van Halen

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 3 2008, 06:08 AM
QUOTE (wylde guitar @ Feb 2 2008, 09:38 PM) *
YA!!! Eddie Van Halen on Guitar Wiki is up and running, and its pretty much amazing laugh.gif thanks FretDancer

No problem mate smile.gif, and yes, you can upload more than 1 picture. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 3 2008, 10:30 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hey there - glad to see you wikiing away smile.gif

Submit your articles one by one - that is fine ! Just PM me with a list of all of them when you have 5 and want your Wiki:ers badge smile.gif

How much to write - its up to you of course. One sentence won't work. 10000 words is too boring, somewhere in between there is a happy medium, I'll let you be the judge of that, but check out similar articlaes as a guide.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:18 AM