Why Doesnt It Go Right?, PODxt question
Pizzoaro
Jun 14 2008, 11:14 PM
GMC:er
Hey marcus...

Im sitting, playin, and of course enjoying your lessons.
I have downloaded the presets.

But why wont i get the exact same tone? :S
It never sounds like what u use in ur vids...

(I dont mean your awesome playing, for example ur vibrato and stuff, i mean the tone)

I am connecting it to STUDIO DIRECT. (U know, TUNEsystem - What are u connecting to? - Dest -STudiodirect)

Do u?
Is it my pickups?
Anything? xD

-Lars

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 15 2008, 10:51 AM
Instructor
Hi Lars! smile.gif

Well, I'm not sure what you mean beacuse I just heard you play the Nocturnal Vision song, and I think your tone is pretty much the same! But one thing you could try though is to raise the pickups so that they're closer to the strings. You'll get a little bit more output from them that way.

Btw, Yes I connect it in StudioDirect-mode.

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Jun 15 2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks Marcus

And as u mention it, i do think they look a little lowered... I will definitly try to raise them smile.gif

-Lars

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 4 2008, 01:38 PM
I've never tried rasing pickups before that sounds rather interesting smile.gif. Marcus just a quick question do you tend to make your lead patches before you start making a track or during?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 4 2008, 04:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (steve25 @ Jul 4 2008, 02:38 PM) *
I've never tried rasing pickups before that sounds rather interesting smile.gif

That coin has two sides to it. The higher they go the more power to the tone. But at the same time the closer the string gets to the core the less manouvering space it got. Bend a string and it can silence when it's past the core.
But definitly, yes, experiment and raise them until you find your sweet spot and where it's still fully operational.

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 4 2008, 05:06 PM
I have my PODxt on Stack Front, and I think it sounds more like Lavendell then than with Studio Direct xP
It's probably because I'm running it through my amp though tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 4 2008, 05:18 PM
Marcus probably does a bit of tweaking in pro tools as well to get the exact sound that he wants in the mix so it might not be perfect every time maybe

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 4 2008, 10:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve25 @ Jul 4 2008, 02:38 PM) *
Marcus just a quick question do you tend to make your lead patches before you start making a track or during?

Hi Steve!
I have no rule about this that I follow, but when I compose a song I usually use some of my old patches, but I often make some adjustments to it (or create a new patch) when the backing is finished and it's time to record the solos smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 16 2008, 12:08 PM
QUOTE (Pizzoaro @ Jun 15 2008, 11:55 AM) *
Thanks Marcus

And as u mention it, i do think they look a little lowered... I will definitly try to raise them smile.gif

-Lars

Don't raise them yourself, this is not a newbie topic. If you raise them too high, you will lose sustain due to magnetism.

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jul 16 2008, 12:08 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:40 PM