Christmas Ballad Video Collaboration!, FINAL MIX & COMMENTS! :)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 3 2011, 03:02 PM
Instructor
Hey everyone, here are the comments for this collaboration, and the final mix as well! smile.gif

So, here are the comments! smile.gif

Marek Rojewski:

Rhythm: I like the way you made your solo, so it goes from slow to fast. It's a fine gradation, and this gives a nice dimension to your playing. One thing that should be worked on is timing. Some notes in both slower and faster parts were a bit off.
Phrasing: Very nice phrasing elements. I like how you made those melodies, and how you go horizontally on the neck. Good feeling for call and response as well. I advise that you start working on some full arpeggio patterns for more diverse approach.
Technique: Good skills in general. You showed lots of different techniques. I would say you are on the right track with all of them, and that you need to work more in polishing them up on slower tempos. Vibrato is good, but it sounds a bit out of tune here and there, although you play it nicely and in tempo, which is a very good thing. One thing I would suggest is that you remove the pinky from the body of the guitar, it will mean a lot in the long run.
Sound: Your tone is nice, lots of gain there, and it sounds a bit buzzy, but it has a dose of smoothness that comes from your fingers.

K1R:

Rhythm: Good synchronization with the drums, and decent timing throughout. The thing I would like to suggest is that you try to rehears some triplet notes a bit, they would add a nice dose of freshness between 8ths, 16ths and those trems.
Phrasing: Nice use of minor pentatonic scale. I have a feeling you need to increase your lick vocabulary a bit, insert some cool bending licks, and also work more on your arpeggio skills, so keep that in mind when making your next practice plan. It will mean a lot.
Technique: Good playing throughout, and nice tone control. I advise more work on your bending, vibrato, and proper muting.
Sound: Good healthy sound, and nice direct tone that is cutting through the mix. It's a bit buzy, but OK.

Fre:

Rhythm: Good rhythmi throughout the solo, you have a good feeling for the rhythm, although you are not that convincing. Try working more on your faster licks.
Phrasing: Use of pentatonic scale is quite nice. What I recommend is that you learn all the positions equally well. Once you do that, try learning the minor scale throughout, using CAGED and 3nps patterns. keep that in mind for future practice, it will mean a lot for you.
Technique: Techniques are good. You are slow player, but you are trying to play correctly, which I like. You tend to sound bluesy, and because of this, I would definitely recommend that you try to develop stronger bending and vibrato techniques.
Sound: Good lead tone with decent dose of smoothnes. Sounds a bit buzy, but it's making the tone that bad, it's good.

Gitarrero:

Rhythm: Good timing, and good mix of different note durations in the solo. Excellent use of longer notes here and there, to break out the faster passages. There were couple of glitches here and there, and small problems with timing tho, so keep that in mind. There are two choices here to sound professional: either you polish up those problematic passages through practice, or use something more doable. I would suggest polishing, since problems are not that big.
Phrasing: Good use of minor pentatonic, minor scale, and some arpeggios here and there. I would advise you to work on arpeggios in-depth, it will mean a lot.
Technique: Good bending and vibrato skills, but they are not that convincing, you need a bit more strength on them. Picking is good and tone control is good. I like it. Try working more on your picking dynamics, the solo seems a bit "flat".
Sound: Good tone, but it sounds buzy because of too much overdrive. You have decent tone control, and I think with some delay and less drive you would get a nicer tone, specially because your guitar seems to have nice sustain.

superize:

Rhythm: Good rhythm, well played and in tempo. Correctly played. I don't like those big pauses that much, but more words about that bellow.
Phrasing: Altough your phrases are good, and licks are nice, I would definitely suggest that you focus more on patterns. It seems to me that you are consantly "searching" what to fret, and it limits you in expressing yourself. By learning the scales position by position, you will be an awesome player.
Technique: Great technique, very well played, and tone control is excellent. I like the bends and vibratos, they seem very stable to me. Well done on that field. But try to pay more attention to picking dynamics also.
Sound: Good tone, well made. Although it is compressed, it sounds very good. Space FX is also very well added.

FINAL VIDEO MIX! smile.gif

Thanks everyone for participating, and I hope to see you on future collabs too! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 4 2011, 06:51 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:24 PM