3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Fan Page Explosion!, Likes went through the roof!
thefireball
Jul 7 2012, 06:16 AM
Learning Roadie
I redeemed a couple of coupons I received from Facebook, and have been running an ad for my Facebook Fan Page for several days straight. Just look at the explosion in likes!! Before the ad, I was sitting at barely over 40 likes. Now this makes me want to finish my EP even faster! This is inspiration to no end here. biggrin.gif So excited!
It will be a little sad when the coupons run out, because this can get expensive!

The ad has my logo and name "Analyzed Within" with the caption:
I'm writing and recording my first EP. Christian Progressive Metal/Djent. Jesus is coming!

-Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 7 2012, 06:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 7 2012, 05:16 AM) *
I redeemed a couple of coupons I received from Facebook, and have been running an ad for my Facebook Fan Page for several days straight. Just look at the explosion in likes!! Before the ad, I was sitting at barely over 40 likes. Now this makes me want to finish my EP even faster! This is inspiration to no end here. biggrin.gif So excited!
It will be a little sad when the coupons run out, because this can get expensive!

I'm writing and recording my first EP. Christian Progressive Metal/Djent. Jesus is coming!

-Brandon

Wow that is very nice! Congrats!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 7 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
I had to look at it a few times because I almost choked at 37,000+

I realised it's 135 likes, I was looking at the figure for the amount of people the ad would reach tongue.gif

Still, 135 against 40 is great.. those ads can really work ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2012, 11:45 AM
Instructor
So, Brandon, do you think it's worth it to use the FB adds? I was thinking to apply the idea for my bands and my own page as well smile.gif

Can you give me a few hints on this idea? Thank you mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 7 2012, 05:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 7 2012, 04:18 AM) *
I had to look at it a few times because I almost choked at 37,000+

I realised it's 135 likes, I was looking at the figure for the amount of people the ad would reach tongue.gif

Still, 135 against 40 is great.. those ads can really work ! smile.gif

laugh.gif HAHA! Dude! I think I would faint for the first time in my life if I actually got 37,000 likes that fast! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 7 2012, 05:45 AM) *
So, Brandon, do you think it's worth it to use the FB adds? I was thinking to apply the idea for my bands and my own page as well smile.gif

Can you give me a few hints on this idea? Thank you mate!

Cosmin

Yes, Cosmin, if you have the money it is worth the ads.

You will want to make sure you target a bunch of people. Now, I only targeted people in the U.S. and I will probably expand to a few other countries too. Here's the long list of targeted people:
(This is inside the Campaign of my Ad, which I bookmarked so I can go back to it frequently - not the insights as the picture above).

who like #Electric guitar, #As I Lay Dying (band), #Christian music, red seas fire, #Contemporary Christian music, christian, #Red (band), #Christianity, #Skillet (band), #Christian metal, #Christian rock, #Kutless, #Metal, #Breaking Benjamin, jesus christ, #Guitar, #Avenged Sevenfold, #Christian Rock Hard, brian head welch, #Progressive metal, #Industrial metal, #Melodic death metal, #Papa Roach, #Three Days Grace, #Death metal, #August Burns Red, #Thousand Foot Krutch, gmc guitar lessons, #Hope for the Dying, andy james, #For Today (band), #Synthesizer, #Rock music, #Demon Hunter, #Heavy metal music, #Djent, #Hard rock, #Jeff Loomis, heavy metal, end time ministry or #YouTube
who are in the category Christian & Gospel or the category Metal

This totals my potential reachable audience to 12,133,820 users. But I am only reaching 29,241 at the moment. This number seems to fluctuate a bit. If I mouse over my Audience circle chart 'help question mark', it informs me if I am not reaching my audience to increase the bid and budget. I am currently using 15 USD/day. That's a lot of money if you are paying for it yourself. BUT, you have a band and go to shows (and I guess make money from them?). I bet you and your band mates could all chip in for your band page ads, something I can't do because I am a solo artist right now.

One thing you will want to be aware of is the Friends of Connections. You will come across this while creating your ad. What this does is limits your audience to only the people whose friends are connected to your page. I did this by having my fan page "Analyzed Within" entered and didn't realize what I was doing. My audience was only around 100. I deleted that entry in Friends of Connections so it was blank. My audience then jumped up to 10,000,000! REMEMBER: Audience is the people you COULD reach, but your Reach is what you ARE reaching. biggrin.gif I think depends on how much you spend. dry.gif

Facebook Ads allows you to customize your audience to all sorts of groups including: gender, age, connections, relationship statuses, languages, etc. I just left mine all general categories. All my targeting was from the long list above. Facebook recommends you create several different ads for your site, but that just means more money expenses I would think. But you said you were wanting to create several ads anyway for your different bands and yourself. Make sure you pick a stimulating avatar for the ad, and squeeze all the juicy info about yourself or your band in the caption so people will click on you. My avatar is bright red (same as my GMC avatar), so I think it grabs people's peripheral vision. tongue.gif

In a few days, my coupons will run out, so that will mean no more ads for me. But the boost in audience is awesome! And be careful!! It can be addicting!! I can see how ads could quickly drain your bank account. I recommend you subscribe to Jon Loomer's newsletter, and download his free eBook on "6 Secrets to Facebook Marketing Success." He will let you in on coupon deals and such in his newsletter. smile.gif

Just explore your options in the Campaign Ad Pages and see what works for you. I think that's all the info I have. I hope it was very informative. happy.gif By the way, my likes are now 158!! That's an increase of 23 likes since my original post. ohmy.gif I am gonna miss these ads!! tongue.gif

-Brandon

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 7 2012, 07:19 PM
GMC:er
Mucho congrats! Ads really can work wonders!

QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 7 2012, 01:16 AM) *

-Brandon

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 7 2012, 07:23 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 7 2012, 01:19 PM) *
Mucho congrats! Ads really can work wonders!

Definitely!! And now I am at 236 likes!!! blink.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jul 7 2012, 08:54 PM
Apprentice Roadie
At 3:53 EST, you are at 306! Sweet!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 7 2012, 09:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations Brandon! smile.gif

I actually got to see the ad in action on my FB : http://screencast.com/t/l7zcGJXET

I was so proud of you when I saw it! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 7 2012, 09:47 PM
Learning Roadie
The likes just keep on climbing and climbing! I love free ads!! biggrin.gif It only popped up on yours Bodgan because I happened to enable Serbia as a targeted country. I maxed out the possible countries to target! tongue.gif That picture is so cool!! And now we are at 333 and counting. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2012, 09:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 7 2012, 04:12 PM) *
laugh.gif HAHA! Dude! I think I would faint for the first time in my life if I actually got 37,000 likes that fast! biggrin.gif

You will want to make sure you target a bunch of people. Now, I only targeted people in the U.S. and I will probably expand to a few other countries too. Here's the long list of targeted people:
(This is inside the Campaign of my Ad, which I bookmarked so I can go back to it frequently - not the insights as the picture above).

who like #Electric guitar, #As I Lay Dying (band), #Christian music, red seas fire, #Contemporary Christian music, christian, #Red (band), #Christianity, #Skillet (band), #Christian metal, #Christian rock, #Kutless, #Metal, #Breaking Benjamin, jesus christ, #Guitar, #Avenged Sevenfold, #Christian Rock Hard, brian head welch, #Progressive metal, #Industrial metal, #Melodic death metal, #Papa Roach, #Three Days Grace, #Death metal, #August Burns Red, #Thousand Foot Krutch, gmc guitar lessons, #Hope for the Dying, andy james, #For Today (band), #Synthesizer, #Rock music, #Demon Hunter, #Heavy metal music, #Djent, #Hard rock, #Jeff Loomis, heavy metal, end time ministry or #YouTube

This totals my potential reachable audience to 12,133,820 users. But I am only reaching 29,241 at the moment. This number seems to fluctuate a bit. If I mouse over my Audience circle chart 'help question mark', it informs me if I am not reaching my audience to increase the bid and budget. I am currently using 15 USD/day. That's a lot of money if you are paying for it yourself. BUT, you have a band and go to shows (and I guess make money from them?). I bet you and your band mates could all chip in for your band page ads, something I can't do because I am a solo artist right now.

One thing you will want to be aware of is the Friends of Connections. You will come across this while creating your ad. What this does is limits your audience to only the people whose friends are connected to your page. I did this by having my fan page "Analyzed Within" entered and didn't realize what I was doing. My audience was only around 100. I deleted that entry in Friends of Connections so it was blank. My audience then jumped up to 10,000,000! REMEMBER: Audience is the people you COULD reach, but your Reach is what you ARE reaching. biggrin.gif I think depends on how much you spend. dry.gif

Facebook Ads allows you to customize your audience to all sorts of groups including: gender, age, connections, relationship statuses, languages, etc. I just left mine all general categories. All my targeting was from the long list above. Facebook recommends you create several different ads for your site, but that just means more money expenses I would think. But you said you were wanting to create several ads anyway for your different bands and yourself. Make sure you pick a stimulating avatar for the ad, and squeeze all the juicy info about yourself or your band in the caption so people will click on you. My avatar is bright red (same as my GMC avatar), so I think it grabs people's peripheral vision. tongue.gif

In a few days, my coupons will run out, so that will mean no more ads for me. But the boost in audience is awesome! And be careful!! It can be addicting!! I can see how ads could quickly drain your bank account. I recommend you subscribe to Jon Loomer's newsletter, and download his free eBook on "6 Secrets to Facebook Marketing Success." He will let you in on coupon deals and such in his newsletter. smile.gif

Just explore your options in the Campaign Ad Pages and see what works for you. I think that's all the info I have. I hope it was very informative. happy.gif By the way, my likes are now 158!! That's an increase of 23 likes since my original post. ohmy.gif I am gonna miss these ads!! tongue.gif

-Brandon

Thank you very much Brandon! I will totally try this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 8 2012, 10:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Congrats Mate. Your Hard Work is paying off :-)

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 8 2012, 03:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 8 2012, 03:51 AM) *
Thank you very much Brandon! I will totally try this biggrin.gif

You're welcome, Cos. wink.gif

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 8 2012, 04:36 AM) *
Congrats Mate. Your Hard Work is paying off :-)

Thanks!! happy.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 8 2012, 07:34 PM
Learning Roadie
PEOPLE!!! I have hit 500 Likes on my Facebook Fan Page!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2012, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 7 2012, 01:12 PM) *

-Brandon

This is great man! This information is really useful for us. Facebook is the best promotion tool for independent musicians, and it's great to know that the adds really helps to increase likes. Also thanks for that ebook, I will definitely check it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 8 2012, 09:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2012, 02:56 PM) *
This is great man! This information is really useful for us. Facebook is the best promotion tool for independent musicians, and it's great to know that the adds really helps to increase likes. Also thanks for that ebook, I will definitely check it.

Sure thing, Gabriel! You were right when I first thought about using Facebook. It does work. smile.gif So even after the ad coupons run out, when I release my music people will spread the word. I will already have a nice fan base. "Hey, you gotta check out Analyzed Within. He rocks!" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2012, 05:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 8 2012, 05:14 PM) *
Sure thing, Gabriel! You were right when I first thought about using Facebook. It does work. smile.gif So even after the ad coupons run out, when I release my music people will spread the word. I will already have a nice fan base. "Hey, you gotta check out Analyzed Within. He rocks!" biggrin.gif

The add appeared today in my facebook page! However I have already liked your page. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 9 2012, 05:50 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2012, 11:37 PM) *
The add appeared today in my facebook page! However I have already liked your page. smile.gif

biggrin.gif Cool.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2012, 08:54 AM
Instructor
Brandon, you motivated me in using the adds biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 9 2012, 01:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Well Done Brandon.

I think a lot of people don't think about the business side of their product (and themselves as a product) and that's why they fail.

Image and marketing is very important.
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Now the big question

Are you going to let us give you a Metal Make Over?laugh.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:54 PM