Epi Les Paul To Play Like Fender Strat?, Cant get my epi lp loose like my fender feels
Georgia Rocker
Jun 30 2011, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
Let me describe it a little better, My epi lp is so tight trying to play from bends and vibro that it tears up my hands. I have an american strat that I play as well and it is so much easier to do bends. I have played for some time and dont feel its a weak finders and hands issue. I don't know alot about different guitars but the epi is twice as hard to bend with. My string are tuned down a half step. I have upgraded the epi pickups to 59 classics and I love the sound of it but love the playability of the strat. Is this normal between the 2 or is there something I can do to the epi. since I upgraded the pickups is there something else I need to upgrade also to get the most out of the pickups. The epiphone LP lite is the model.

QUOTE (Georgia Rocker @ Jun 30 2011, 03:53 PM) *
Let me describe it a little better, My epi lp is so tight trying to play from bends and vibro that it tears up my hands. I have an american strat that I play as well and it is so much easier to do bends. I have played for some time and dont feel its a weak finders and hands issue. I don't know alot about different guitars but the epi is twice as hard to bend with. My string are tuned down a half step. I have upgraded the epi pickups to 59 classics and I love the sound of it but love the playability of the strat. Is this normal between the 2 or is there something I can do to the epi. since I upgraded the pickups is there something else I need to upgrade also to get the most out of the pickups. The epiphone LP lite is the model.

I just read Shuma13 topic about the string guage and bends, I wil check the strings tonight when I get home, that maybe some of my problem. Any hardware changes that might need to be done as well?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:02 PM