Melvyn
Jan 29 2008, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 4 2007, 10:18 AM) *
I also like this video here because it sucks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1uT8MUr7_4

Sweep picking? Where...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 29 2008, 02:36 AM
QUOTE (Melvyn @ Jan 29 2008, 12:12 AM) *
Sweep picking? Where...

Man that video makes me cringe so badly. The sweeping is so awful, and Sam's part is even worse. He can't even play his bit at slow speeds! Other guitarists do much for technical stuff for the 'Betcha can't play this bits', and all Herman does is a basic 5 string sweep, and Sam some awful tapping.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
dreamtheaterfrea...
Jan 30 2008, 04:08 AM
dragon force is mad fast and all but i dont hear music comin out at all

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 30 2008, 04:24 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jan 28 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Man that video makes me cringe so badly. The sweeping is so awful, and Sam's part is even worse. He can't even play his bit at slow speeds! Other guitarists do much for technical stuff for the 'Betcha can't play this bits', and all Herman does is a basic 5 string sweep, and Sam some awful tapping.

agreed, that video is hilarious.. poor dudes... sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jan 30 2008, 04:52 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jan 28 2008, 07:36 PM) *

Yeah... I used to think that they were pretty good until I saw that. I'm sure a lot of people at gmc are better than them. I also heard that they record their solo's slow and speed them up..... That just p*$$es me off even more.... funny though! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Jan 30 2008, 08:04 AM
They play pretty accurant from time to time in videos I´ve seen. And they, as I understand it, have decent albums.

That would probably mean that they must be aware how awful some playing is done. If not in the moment due to alcohol, hangover, sickness, camera fobia or whatever they surely must realize it afterwards when looking back at it.
Me, personally, would not release videos that I wasn´t at least a bit satisfied with. And if it´s good or not might depend with the level you´re at. I see no shame in releasing beginner sounding stuff if you are a beginner.

In world wide famous pro videos, shred beginner as I am, (if I ever somehow got in one, haha) I would never play way over my level or just sloppy on purpose and then act like I´m proud. Seems like a weird behavior to do that.

Just my input.

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 30 2008, 12:55 PM
Dragon Force = Inhuman Rampage ( Literally ) blink.gif

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 30 2008, 11:54 PM
I saw a video where Herman Li screwed up the Through the Fire and Flames solo so bad. The solo begins with some wah, but he accidentally pressed volume control, so the entire solo just virtually stops for about 4 seconds while the rhythm guitar is playing, then he accidentally hits the whammy, so the notes are like 3 octaves above their regular pitch, so it sounds hilarious, he screws the rest up as well. Then Sam comes in and butchers his solo. The entire time their guitars aren't even in tune and the harmonies sound horrible.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 30 2008, 11:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 31 2008, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 30 2008, 04:54 PM) *
I saw a video where Herman Li screwed up the Through the Fire and Flames solo so bad. The solo begins with some wah, but he accidentally pressed volume control, so the entire solo just virtually stops for about 4 seconds while the rhythm guitar is playing, then he accidentally hits the whammy, so the notes are like 3 octaves above their regular pitch, so it sounds hilarious, he screws the rest up as well. Then Sam comes in and butchers his solo. The entire time their guitars aren't even in tune and the harmonies sound horrible.

oh man that sounds hilarious, can you share the video with us please biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
wylde guitar
Jan 31 2008, 10:09 PM
watching those videos of dragonforce and how bad they in actuality...it's basically turned my world upside down...lol jk but i never saw that coming

--------------------
As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool.

-Eddie Van Halen

+Quote Post
Kurt Miller
Jan 31 2008, 10:18 PM

Dragonforce is Awful just awful. I apologize but listening to them is like a bad trip back to the 80's. They are a speedy version of Styx, Journey, Foreigner etc. Musically they are not bad. I think they would be better if they did instrumentals only.

When that guy sings I literally cringe. Over produced, over sung vocals with lyrics that Spinal Tap would love. I'd like to hear them with a Metallica type singer - lower, meaner etc. OK I did not mean to insult anyone. My seven year actually relly likes them from youtube. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 6 2008, 04:58 PM
Wow, this thread got a big bump lol, I still agree with what I said in the begining of this thread. But know I'm just waiting to see if thier next album takes a turn for the better. They've had alot of time playing those songs live by now, and I think they should be better now.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 6 2008, 05:13 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Feb 6 2008, 03:58 PM) *
Wow, this thread got a big bump lol, I still agree with what I said in the begining of this thread. But know I'm just waiting to see if thier next album takes a turn for the better. They've had alot of time playing those songs live by now, and I think they should be better now.

Knowing them they are going to put out an album which is trying to push all their gimmicks even further. Therefore it will be faster with more stupid noises, and guitar solos, and it will inevitably sound like their last two albums.

+Quote Post
steve25
Feb 6 2008, 06:25 PM
I seriously don't know what the fuss is. I'm not a bif dragonforce fan but i don't think they're that bad. Ok so they sound bad live but you still like them in the recording studio? So what stops you listening to them. I really like their solos i think they've got great sense of melody unlike some bands. So can someone explain why everyone thinks they're so bad as i really don't know. Unless it's jealousy

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 6 2008, 07:33 PM
Jealousy of what? Not being that great at guitar. Yeah their songs are catchy and stuff at first, but after a few years you just get tired of songs that sound similar, and the gimmicks just don't become fun anymore.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 6 2008, 07:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Note everybody does, ive been with Dragonforce since Valley Of The Damned and i still enjoy all there music, its fun.

To each his own, some like them, some dont, Enjoy the music smile.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Feb 6 2008, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 6 2008, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 6 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Note everybody does, ive been with Dragonforce since Valley Of The Damned and i still enjoy all there music, its fun.

To each his own, some like them, some dont, Enjoy the music smile.gif

Yeah I've been with them since their first demo. I still love VOTD, and to a certain extent SF, but now all their new songs seem to blend together, and it's all too similar. Unless the new album produces something spectacular I'll lose all interest. I am a member of the Dragonforce forum, and the majority of members on there now don't like the band that much but stick around because of the people they know on there and stuff.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:34 PM