Post Mtp Assignment ;)
kaznie_NL
Jun 13 2010, 04:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ivan! I kept busy with the alternate picking, do you think there's a bit of progression here? It's again 120 bpm, firstly starting with downstroke, then starting with down stroke wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  AP_120.mp3 ( 1.71MB ) Number of downloads: 161

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 14 2010, 08:31 PM
Instructor
Definitely! smile.gif

I'm really glad you continued to practice this. It will payoff in the long run. You certainly improved this, I can hear clear improvement in tone, clarity and timing. Check out first takes of this and you will see just how much this sounds better! smile.gif

Next step is to translate this into real-life situation. Record all the chords that are derived from these modes, and start playing each mode over chord to get used to the voicings. This is crucial for improvising. Also, record one major triad or one major seventh chord, and play all available modes over it, like this:

C major triad, play:

- C Ionian
- C Lydian
- C Mixolydian

C minor triad, play:

- C Aeolian
- C Dorian
- C phrygian

this will help train your ear and fingers to relate different voicings to certain chords. If you got familiar enough with the patterns, this is the next step to improvising.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 14 2010, 08:32 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:09 PM