Slap Attempt, thought I'd pick up the bass..
TesttubeMammoth
Jan 3 2012, 10:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Bogdan,

Thought I'd record some slap! I love the style and haven't touched the bass in some months so I could do with tightening up smile.gif

Hope you like it - will try some of your lessons soon.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
be excellent to each other
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 3 2012, 11:44 PM
Instructor
Hey great technique there !! Damn ..that metronome hypnotizes !! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 4 2012, 01:36 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What a cool groove - very Victor Wooten like! I see that you have cool double thumping technique. Shall we see more of bass videos from you, maybe a REC take? When slapping I would recommend trying to do it with even more force and tightly with the drums/metronome for the best effect.

p.s. I gotta get a mechanical metronome - it looks damn cool! smile.gif

Which bass is that? Washburn?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
TesttubeMammoth
Jan 4 2012, 10:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 4 2012, 12:36 AM) *
What a cool groove - very Victor Wooten like! I see that you have cool double thumping technique. Shall we see more of bass videos from you, maybe a REC take? When slapping I would recommend trying to do it with even more force and tightly with the drums/metronome for the best effect.

p.s. I gotta get a mechanical metronome - it looks damn cool! smile.gif

Which bass is that? Washburn?

Yeah - my fingers are all weak and feeble from practicing guitar instead of bass!
My bass is a strange one, it is an old Yamaha RBX that has had the paint stripped of and then been stained (badly.). I also swapped the pickups out for an emg set with the 18volt mod and the bridge is a BadAss 2 bridge. All in all it has been butchered over the years but I cant find another bass that plays anything like it smile.gif - and I have tried all sorts...
I was thinking about getting one of those fodera pre-amps to fatten out the sound a bit when I can afford it.

I will take a picture of it and put it here when I get a chance...

--------------------
be excellent to each other

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:09 PM