Ending Smoking For New Guitar!
MirkoSchmidt
Mar 1 2010, 11:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys, i was so stupid that i started to smoke again 4 weeks ago, because i have much trouble with job and school. now i really want to quit it but its really hard. i tried it a few times but im really hooked on that!
now i made a deal with my wife: when i quit it for three month im allowed to buy a new guitar for 350 € ! so im really looking forward to that!
Guys you have to help me! what guitar (new or used) can i buy in three month???

(i need a goal to work for!!!)

im really mad, that i havent really time to be in the chat or forums at the moment, because in 4 weeks i have a big and really important test! i miss you guys! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Mar 1 2010, 11:14 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Fran
Mar 2 2010, 12:19 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Maybe you could get some mex strat from ebay, dunno if you like strats though smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
stratman79
Mar 2 2010, 12:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
hey man thats great...

texmex strat or tele...

good luck, stay strong.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2010, 03:29 AM
Instructor
Hang in there mate. I stopped recently as well, and never felt better. Every day it's a struggle, but after a while you fight less and less until it leaves you. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Mar 2 2010, 03:29 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gary
Mar 2 2010, 05:31 AM
GMC:er
Use whatever means you can to quit. People often feel that the ill effects of smoking will never catch up with them. I have just finished spending nearly everyday over the past month visiting my sister in the hospital.. treatment of mouth and throat cancer from smoking. She was only 41 years old when the cancer struck her.. and now it has returned after more than five years of her first treatment.

I could go into details of how bad this can be.. but I will spare you. I will tell you that she was in surgery for 13 hours and they ended up having to remove a large portion of her tongue as part of this latest procedure. As unbeliveable as it sounds the doctors here in the states were able to take tendons from another part of her body and replace the part of her tongue that was removed. That said, its unlikely that she will be able to talk in any normal sense for the rest of her life.

I hate to go on a rant and chastise people for smoking as I used to smoke myself. I will say that I really wish I could drag young smokers in front of her to see the damage it can do..this is real stuff..no B.S.

I hope that both Ivan and you can find the strength to quit.

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 2 2010, 05:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
Good Luck stopping man .... I stopped last years for 6 months and I start back again... A new guitar could be a good motivation for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 2 2010, 07:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
Good luck guy's. Wise decisions! I never succeeded to quit for any guitars, but I once stopped smoking because of a woman. So the only one who can save me now is Michelle, where R U Miss Pfeiffer??? laugh.gif
And btw. Mirko, Yua are already married, You shall have quitted loooong time ago!!! tongue.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Mar 2 2010, 08:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
good luck man! I've stopped smoking for 2.5 weeks now and feel great, but there sure are moments that I really want to taste those filterstraws...

May be you could go for a 2nd hand Schecter c-1 classic smile.gif?

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Mar 2 2010, 08:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
Good luck mate, keep thinking of your goal

..and you will get as a bonus .... a better health and endurance.

Cheers

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
zen
Mar 2 2010, 08:55 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm a bit confused.. Are you seeking help on choosing the right guitar in that amount or on quittin smokin? Both have different answers and not related to each other in my books smile.gif

I'm a schecter player, so definitely recommend a second hand schecter to add to your arsenal. smile.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Mar 2 2010, 08:55 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 2 2010, 09:16 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Mirko,
viel Erfolg beim Aufhören!
I wonder why you want a new guitar, since it looks like you've got a nice Gibson already. But still, as I own 4 guitars myself (thanks to my dad), it's always nice to switch. I'd go for a Mexican Strat or Tele as well, but I'd also love to have a Flying V or Explorer. I suggest you get into a store, try out many different guitars and choose whichever looks and feels best for you.
It's like looking for a new girlfriend! You'd probably have to smell the guitar as well, but Staffy is the expert on that...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 2 2010, 09:22 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 2 2010, 09:16 AM) *
Hi Mirko,
viel Erfolg beim Aufhören!
I wonder why you want a new guitar, since it looks like you've got a nice Gibson already. But still, as I own 4 guitars myself (thanks to my dad), it's always nice to switch. I'd go for a Mexican Strat or Tele as well, but I'd also love to have a Flying V or Explorer. I suggest you get into a store, try out many different guitars and choose whichever looks and feels best for you.
It's like looking for a new girlfriend! You'd probably have to smell the guitar as well, but Staffy is the expert on that...

Hehe.... If You can find a decent object in the store Mirko, I would be happy to do a virtual smelling-test for free. biggrin.gif (I haven't marketing my services in the past, and have ran out of new orders, so I will do some tests for free in order to shape up the business....)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
zen
Mar 2 2010, 09:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Staffy @ Mar 2 2010, 07:22 PM) *
Hehe.... If You can find a decent object in the store Mirko, I would be happy to do a virtual smelling-test for free. biggrin.gif (I haven't marketing my services in the past, and have ran out of new orders, so I will do some tests for free in order to shape up the business....)

//Staffay

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
zoom
Mar 2 2010, 10:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah good stuff bro! How about a Maton mastersound guitar? In between a Gisbon and fender. Quit smoking and you can buy heaps new toys! cool.gif

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 2 2010, 03:58 PM
GMC:er
Hey good luck with the no smoking what ever your motivation.
i have not smoked for two months and when i first quit i posted on here that i too would buy new toys with the excess cash but now i couldnt care less about that i am just happy that i am not enslaved to cigarettes and slowly killing myself and that my kids want to give me hugs coz i dont smell any more.
there is more to being a non smoker than the cash.
(mind you i still have my eye on a new electro acoustic.)

good luck and i can suggest a really good book that has helped me

alan carr's easyway to stop smoking best 8 quid you will ever spend

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 3 2010, 02:50 AM
Instructor
Hey, at least you have a guitar as condition! smile.gif Give me a 1960s Strat and I guarantee I will not look a cigar in my life happy.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Mar 4 2010, 06:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys, thanks for all your comments... im smokingfree for 3 days now and i feel great! ok, i had 5 energydrinks today and four yesterday, but thats much better than smoking!

Tomorrow ill have some time, then i will google all your guitars you talked about!

i think i will buy a used guitar, i like guitars with a story more then new stuff at the moment...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Mar 4 2010, 10:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Good luck! Just remember, it's all in your head.

As for the guitar...I would definitely go with a used Strat!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 4 2010, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
That sounds like a good deal

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Jun 7 2010, 09:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
yiihaaaahhh!!!

i saw that thread right no and im very happy!
i didnt start smoking, so i think im really free from that crap! dont like to start again!
the problem is: i didnt find a guitar already!
maqybe i have to search more!
its not easy to find new stuff for only 500 bucks... sleep.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:00 AM