3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
What Is Happening To Gmc?, just wondering.
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2011, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Really? If this is not TASTY Playing: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Jonathan-Burgos/ , please explain me what does it means. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jan 5 2011, 05:05 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 5 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Really? If this is not TASTY Playing: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Jonathan-Burgos/ , please explain me what does it means. tongue.gif

I was about to post the exact same thing! Jonathon is one of the "tastiest" players I've heard in a long time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 5 2011, 05:08 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Jonathans "Petrucci Style" lesson is one of my favorite, damn this is pure awesomeness:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 5 2011, 06:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Quote "I think some of you guys misinterpreted my point a bit, its not that I just want to see shred, and hard lessons. I think what gmc needs, who those guys had, is taste. Their licks and the way they approached guitar playing was so tasty and fresh, and I think gmc is missing out on tasty lessons these days."

Ii totaly disagree with this point

look at what our new/old instructors are bringing us....great stuff....with great techniques ...

.....but I think it is a matter of personal tast.....

QUOTE (Bear Rose @ Jan 5 2011, 05:05 PM) *
I was about to post the exact same thing! Jonathon is one of the "tastiest" players I've heard in a long time.

Yes indeed Jonathan rocks. And lots of other instructors too

This post has been edited by playaxeman: Jan 5 2011, 06:44 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 5 2011, 06:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
He is just pointing out his opinions, no reason to bash them just because you disagree smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Jan 5 2011, 06:57 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Jan 5 2011, 07:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have been off the site fo manyr months dealing with health issues, now that I am back and seeing the lessons since Muris/Emir's departure I am in no way disappointed. Some of my favourite lessons are the new ones. You can't expect any instructor to stay forever and I mean its not like their original lessons are gone, they are all still there and if you have those mastered then maybe you should be an instructor tongue.gif .

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 5 2011, 08:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Just about all the lessons I'm working on now are from the new instructors, so I'm pretty happy with them. You still haven't stated exactly what you are looking for, "tasty" is too subjective of a word. In my opinion, I think all of Zsolt's lessons can be considered "tasty" - but thats just me, someone else might not be into that kind of music. I'm still not quiet sure exactly what it is you're trying to achieve with your postings.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Mr GuitarTube
Jan 5 2011, 08:23 PM
GMC:er
favorite instructor is erik & micke. every other is bad

most bad is gabriel hippopotamus. he play arpeggio with chord.erik can
he sweep with mop.erik can
he play blue with pick.erik can. i want caress your bunny

und one day santa toll me everyone with red hat is nice. then he remove clothe

i want imail guitar tutorial gift icard from history to klistofel. he take me to futureklund. i hug your hat

sent from my imail

--------------------
i am guitartube

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 5 2011, 09:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mr GuitarTube @ Jan 5 2011, 02:23 PM) *

i want imail guitar tutorial gift icard from history to klistofel. he take me to futureklund. i hug your hat

sent from my imail

HAHAHA ... +1 biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jan 5 2011, 10:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mr GuitarTube @ Jan 5 2011, 08:23 PM) *

sent from my imail

Haaaaaaaaa... TASTY! wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Jan 5 2011, 10:30 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Mr GuitarTube @ Jan 5 2011, 04:23 PM) *

sent from my imail

I wish I had imail......

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jan 5 2011, 11:15 PM
Instructor
hahahhahaha!!! you'r my idol Mr. Guitar T!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 5 2011, 11:46 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 3 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Move on guys move on... Its a reality world we live in... people come, people go.. you just need to make best of what it is/was there. I bet you haven't yet practiced most of the lessons those guys posted and they are still a great value if you can learn. I agree with less interactivity (may have resulted due to many active people leaving). I hope admins "do something" and can get similar people on the site and increase its activity once again. I don't want to give suggestions as they seem to get deleted the moment its posted.

Yep, I totally agree. I miss Trond Vold. He is apparently gone, at least for a while. But I've found more instructors to learn from. I don't practice as often as I should anyway. I have lately learned songs from my iPod by ear. But I should really get back to learning stuff here. I know several lessons by heart on this site. And I know many intros of the lessons here, and play them all the time, and then improvise my own stuff with it. haha. smile.gif GMC is a great site. Even though I wish I had found this site sooner than I did, I'm thankful to have this site now. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 6 2011, 12:33 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
laugh.gif Mr Guitar Tube's words are always wise tongue.gif

There's certainly a ton of taste & quality in our current instructors, and I'm certainly pleased with the new daily lessons covering a wide range of styles and groups. As a matter of fact I don't have time to cover even 5% of the great stuff I'd love to be able to play from the site, so I guess I'm not running out of inspiration any time soon thanks to the lessons and the boards smile.gif

Some awesome instructors aren't active, but their great lessons & posts remain. Some amazing guitarists have taken their places, and all of them bring their unique musical sense and style. All together, past and present, make this site an awesome resource of guitar knowledge and the best community I've ever found on the net cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2011, 12:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Jan 3 2011, 06:52 PM) *
Hello people of gmc!

Its been a while since I last visited the site, and Im really confused.
Last time I was here, it was an awesome site with killer new lessons from guys like muris, emir and wallimann, lessons wich really blew you away, with awesome chops, licks, technuiqes and really high quality overall. But now when I log in, it seems to be only rock/metal lessons and everything seems kind of Beginner. No offense to anyone, but what has happend?

/Erik

Each member on GMC has some kind of a goal, what he likes to play, practice, learn etc.. Some have modest goals, some have bigger goals.

The goal of GMC is to provide lessons and means to help all those goals become a reality. Everybody can come, customize his schedule and learn exactly what they want out of a wast knowledge base that exists here. The goal of GMC is to make knowledge transfer as efficient and comfortable as possible. People work hard to create that, and this is why subscription exists in the first place.

Now, what is your goal as a player? There is no point in making fast judgements here, because you did not cover all the factors. You said that something is wrong with GMC, but you haven't said what do YOU like to play and practice. The reason I say this is because there are so many lessons that came out since you've been gone, and it seems that you have checked only very small percentage of them. If you think there are too many rock/metal lessons now, using the search option will quickly reveal that is not true. If we say you haven't been on the site for 9 months time, let's see what came out in that time, starting in alphabetic order:

Classical: 8 lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/n/.../n/13/Date/t/f/

Blues: 39 lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/n/...0/n/7/Date/t/f/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/n/...e/t/f/#lesson=2

Flamenco: 6 lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/n/.../n/17/Date/t/f/

Funk: 9 lessons

Jazz: 14 lessons

Jazz Fusion: 13 lessons

Other: 8 lessons

Pop Rock: 18 lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/n/...e/t/f/#lesson=3

Punk Rock: 6 lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/n/.../n/30/Date/t/f/

Traditional: 12 lessons

101 spoken lessons: 13 lessons
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/n/...e/t/f/#lesson=3

That's total of 153 lessons from May that are barely or not connected with rock and metal. Not to mention tons of useful things in knowledge base.

You have a point that most lessons are focused towards beginners and most lessons are rock and metal genres (all kinds of rock and metal genres btw), but I think that's fair enough. Most people do tend to practice these kinds of lessons, and most people come here to learn to play.

If you feel you need to achieve some kind of a goal as a musician, we can help you achieve that. Let us know if we can recommend some kind of a practice plan, or give you advice on how to be a better player. To me, a customer that is having difficulties finding good lessons is in need of assistance. Let us help, since we are on the site for some time, and we know what to do to help.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jan 6 2011, 12:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, it's a good point that the old lessons by Muris & David & Emir and others are still there - and I'll be damned if there is someone here who's learned all the lessons from all of them... heck, even just one of them. biggrin.gif

The thing about "tasty", is a matter of personal opinion, I guess. So I don't think it really reflects anything about GMC overally... but I do think that it's a good thing that this was pointed out. It's impossible for staff to keep up with the students' demands unless the students open their mouths. It's another point of view, and I do understand it.

I just find it a tad disrespectful towards all the other impressive instructors to (indirectly) say that they don't have as much taste. wink.gif

Kristian

EDIT: Great post, Ivan. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvarinen: Jan 6 2011, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 6 2011, 01:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, great post, Ivan!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 6 2011, 03:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mr GuitarTube @ Jan 5 2011, 09:23 PM) *

sent from my imail

HAHAHAH biggrin.gif

Come on, sweeping with mop is not that hard,...

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jan 6 2011, 05:12 AM
GMC:er
I randomly decided to check in on GMC tonight and happened upon this thread. It kinda makes me glad to see more beginner stuff here because that was one of the reasons I left before. There wasn't much between uber beginner uber awesome which is where I was at. I haven't pick up my guitars in quite some time because I find it frustrating everytime I do but I recently had some life changes and am very interested in giving it another go.

Keep up the good work GMC... maybe someday I'll rejoin... when I can afford to again smile.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jan 6 2011, 05:19 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
GMC needs a flag. There are people from many countries that would proudly wave it. No matter how great a place is to people that look for the good, there are always the haters. I'd be interested in seeing someone learn all of Muris', Emir's and David's catalog of lessons here. If you think that they left, they haven't. Last time I looked, their lessons were in abundant supply and I'm sure there is nobody, active or otherwise, that has exhausted their catalogs. That being said, you can't please everyone. I'm learning a Lazslo lesson, then a Gabriel one, then a Lian one, then a Jonathan one, then a Ben one, then then then...maybe an Ivan one, but probably not. He only plays blues. wink.gif

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:19 PM