2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Winners Of Improve Gmc Competition, And comments!
Kristofer Dahl
May 31 2010, 11:19 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 28 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Kris, if I may, isn't your main goal (at the end of the day) to make some money? And therefore, the pixels that make you some money should always be at the top of your priority list! At least that would be my view (keep I'm mind there's a reason I haven't reacted on the Marketing Director Needed advert laugh.gif )

No my main goal is not to make money. If that had been the case I would have put down the development of GMC a long time ago. That would also give me time to actively pursue my dreams of a musical career (and all the other things in life I have sacrificed for GMC). This site exists because I work day and night with tasks that normally require a whole team. If GMC where to have a whole web team we would need venture capital - with requirements of fast growth - which would likely shatter much of the atmosphere we have built. (Henrik and his team can only work a fraction of their time with GMC stuff because of budget restrictions)

The reason I keep GMC alive is because I believe that what we have here is unique and goes way beyond your average "learn to play guitar in 30 days" site. The biggest evidence of this is what is happening in our community - in here I have developed my personality as a human being and musician more than I ever could have in real life. I believe that in here lies the seed to something good and big. This seed will not grow with money but with time and experience. This is an old truth which can be applied to anything in life - but for some reason forgotten among web entrepreneurs.

Of course we need to keep a close eye on our $ balance which is one of the reason the mtp program is being revised. But if I have the choice between $ and pixels I will go for the later any time.

Cool discussion by the way! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
May 31 2010, 12:11 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 30 2010, 06:18 PM) *
This site is building all the time, but it's probably similar as with guitar. We don't notice it in short-term periods, but when you look back - OMG! biggrin.gif

So true Ivan smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 31 2010, 12:19 PM) *
... The biggest evidence of this is what is happening in our community - in here I have developed my personality as a human being and musician more than I ever could have in real life. I believe that in here lies the seed to something good and big. This seed will not grow with money but with time and experience...

Nice thoughts there Kris, I thoroughly agree smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 31 2010, 12:17 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I wish I could make some money from my guitar playing and photography.. have spend tonnes.. smile.gif Somethings are just better when you want to do it really seriously for nothing.. smile.gif in search of happiness I guess.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 10 2010, 08:27 PM
Instructor
all great ideas!

we should do a lot of licks of the day that would keep many GMC:ers busy for a while, kind of like those "Betcha can't play this" but in all levels

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
emirb
Aug 12 2010, 02:58 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jul 10 2010, 09:27 PM) *
all great ideas!

we should do a lot of licks of the day that would keep many GMC:ers busy for a while, kind of like those "Betcha can't play this" but in all levels

Great idea Daniel! This things are essential in every learning process if you are serious about it. This is well known and easily recognized from any educational training such as colleges/universities/high schools etc.. You get a degree which is a carrot on the short run and for instance recognition of your achievements later on in life when you look for jobs etc (long run). This is why I think REC program is no.2 best thing with GMC (1st to be lessons of course smile.gif ). It is so essential that you never can stop pointing it out. You learn how to play, how to record it, how to share it with other people, you get feedback, critic - and with help of everything named you improve on all levels at all time. Just having lessons available is nothing much than youtube with tabs. REC (and MTP RiP smile.gif ) are/were the GLUE that connects everything together into one successful package. Oh well, didn't want to write this much about it smile.gif but most important things/activities involving students/instructors together is things that will make (..remain?) GMC best place on the web for learning guitar (well not just learning but you know what I mean).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 12 2010, 09:33 PM
GMC:er
Congratz guys! smile.gif

The reason I keep GMC alive is because I believe that what we have here is unique and goes way beyond your average "learn to play guitar in 30 days" site...

So true Kristofer! It takes a lot longer than 30 days to learn the guitar being here! laugh.gif
You can learn the guitar in one day... master it in a lifetime!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:47 PM