Apprentice Bushido Task 28
Ben Higgins
Aug 3 2012, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Right, young apprentices.. if the last Task put the fear of Mount Fuji into you then this week's Task may not make you feel any better.. or maybe it will !

Task 28:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

There's some picking patterns in here that 'd really like you to know as they're really useful for getting around the neck in a more interesting way than just straight up or straight down smile.gif

Now, there's a fast bit at the end.. don't worry about playing that part. Instead I want you to keep to the same pace as the lick that precedes it and just work out your own lick to end it with, using the notes from the last sequence. You can do it !

Deadline for this is next Friday 10th August or I take away your rice rations for one week !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
wish to shred
Aug 6 2012, 10:32 AM
GMC:er
hey Ben i have been looking at this this arvo and i am flat out playing part one at 50 bpm. i will keep practising but i think i will be hungry next week

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 6 2012, 11:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wish to shred @ Aug 6 2012, 10:32 AM) *
hey Ben i have been looking at this this arvo and i am flat out playing part one at 50 bpm. i will keep practising but i think i will be hungry next week

Hey man, that's cool. I don't mind what tempo you reach at the end of this, it's all good smile.gif

For me, I like to see you guys discovering some cool patterns and at least getting the hand synchronisation accurate cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2012, 11:11 AM
Instructor
Greetings. Just wanted to drop by this corner of The Temple and see how things were. If anyone needs any help you know where to find me ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
zoom
Aug 15 2012, 02:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Ben

Back from the distractions of the Olympics and my computer is sorted out [video card] etc. I've got a bit of catch up. I played this trough at 70bpm and incorporated the 16th triplets at the end. I've got to ask about the triplets. How should I count triplets especially coming out of 16th notes. Because the pattern is a 4 note pattern if you know what I mean.
Batman has the Joker Wonderwoman has does my butt look to big in these leotards and I have 3/4 timing and 16th triplets. biggrin.gif
Hm I think I missed the staccato.

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/hand-snyc-2

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 15 2012, 08:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Aug 15 2012, 02:47 AM) *
Hi Ben

Back from the distractions of the Olympics and my computer is sorted out [video card] etc. I've got a bit of catch up. I played this trough at 70bpm and incorporated the 16th triplets at the end. I've got to ask about the triplets. How should I count triplets especially coming out of 16th notes. Because the pattern is a 4 note pattern if you know what I mean.
Batman has the Joker Wonderwoman has does my butt look to big in these leotards and I have 3/4 timing and 16th triplets. biggrin.gif
Hm I think I missed the staccato.

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/hand-snyc-2

ZOOOOM ! Great to have you back biggrin.gif

Haha, the backing sounds so funny slowed down.. the chords are much lower.

You nailed everything really good.. it only went a bit off piste around 0:41. You started off the triplet section perfectly and all that happened was that you got a bit left behind is all. If you'd have kept up that pace with the track it would have been perfect. smile.gif

To count them, you would just count them as you would any group of 6 notes. It's confusing because the finger patterns themselves seem more geared towards groups of 4 as you've noticed but the count does follow a triplet count. If you put 2 lots of 6 together so that you've played 12 notes, then that divides the patterns up quite nicely.. then the beginning of the next 12 will always begin with the highest note again smile.gif

Great work !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:04 AM